Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think Biden's a decent president, although it is weirdly early to judge him on the merits, given that the country is still in the process of getting out of all the Pandemic-related closures.

He's done his most important job well, managing the distribution of the vaccine.

Harris seems to be a really overrated political figure. The threads about the Trump administration did not put Pence in the title.
    Honestly?

Trump didn't need for every Republican politician like Pence to step aside so that he could win the nomination.

While Biden might have been able to do what Trump did?

We are never going to know.

Biden/Harris administration's performance has been less satisfactory than I had hoped. The covid pandemic, the border crisis, the undocumented immigrant influx, etc.

But they've been in office for only 150 days, so I am still willing to give them a chance. I hope they'll have accomplished much at the year's end.

How can you not like how they handled COVID? especially after the last guy.
    Just look at the States were people want to be vaccinated, everyone can get one and we are reopening.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly?

Trump didn't need for every Republican politician like Pence to step aside so that he could win the nomination.

While Biden might have been able to do what Trump did?

We are never going to know.
    Trump was the guy every Republican candidate should have united against.

Biden did have most of the party uniting behind him, although that's because he was the main alternative to Sanders after his blowout win in the South Carolina primary.

The running mates served different purposes.

Once Harris dropped out, she was seen as a potential running mate for either Sanders or Biden (or Bloomberg, for that matter.)

Pence showed that the establishment and the religious right could work with Trump, which was necessary for his win.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

LOVE IT! So, so, SO happy. Thrilled we have our first female VP, thrilled we have our first openly gay Secretary (Mayor Pete), thrilled that the President once again conducts himself with respect and inspires hope, rather than embarrassment. It's wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Astonishing Member

I couldn't be happier