Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Very nice indeed.

Astonishing Member

Victor from Hero Alliance who felt very much like the classic Superman trying to fit in with a 1980's hero team. A guy with a very black/white moral code in a world that was starting to shift towards shades of grey.
    Victor.jpg

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Victor from Hero Alliance who felt very much like the classic Superman trying to fit in with a 1980's hero team. A guy with a very black/white moral code in a world that was starting to shift towards shades of grey.
    Victor.jpg
    Superman had black and white morality?when?in what sense do you mean white (morally good)?in an American civil religious morality sense which is based on judeo-Christian ethics?Then i would say the world is neither black nor white.because the world is a huge place.

Also,world didn't turn grey.From what i gather People just think in nostalgic way that the world was black and white in the past.That's also the lense through which superman is viewed with regardless.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 06-23-2021 at 10:57 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

There's actually a scene of Gohan, while dressed as Great Saiyaman, saving a plane from crashing, Superman style. But, I can't seem to find it on youtube. But it is on DVD at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Superman had black and white morality?when?
    Superman: "I broke my oath. I killed him. Nobody has the right to kill. Not Mxyzptlk... not you... not Superman. Especially not Superman." (Action Comics #583)

During Barry Allen's trial as the Flash for killing the Reverse-Flash, Superman voted to have Barry expelled from being a Justice League member if Barry were found guilty. For clarity's sake the rest of the League were deadlocked, so it wasn't universal that all Leaguers would expel Barry even if he was found guilty.

"There is a right and a wrong in the universe, and the distinction is not hard to make.” – Superman

in what sense do you mean white (morally good)?in an American civil religious morality sense which is based on judeo-Christian ethics?Then i would say the world is neither black nor white.because the world is a huge place.
    In the sense that Superman as a character operated from a world view where there was good and evil.

Also, world didn't turn grey.From what i gather People just think in nostalgic way that the world was black and white in the past.That's also the lense through which superman is viewed with regardless.
    It did in the comics where prior to stories like "Trial of the Flash" you didn't really have dissension in the JLA. Things like the Batman possibly leaving the KGBeast to starve were departures from the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Love that movie.

Also, speaking of "Elvis-as-Superman," I made this a loooooooooong time ago:
    Attachment 110844
    OMG! Reminds me of CM3/Freddy Freeman being an inspiration for Elvis!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Very nice indeed.
    Thank you - that was my first attempt at Photoshop, back in 2006 or so, lol

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]OMG! Reminds me of CM3/Freddy Freeman being an inspiration for Elvis!
    Oh, absolutely! Elvis loved Freddy's comics, as a kid, and is very likely the reason for the cape length he preferred. And that pic is from the same year (1972 - here's a pic showing the original look of the suit)
    5542491894504043a3eace2bd4baee67.jpg
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Superman: "I broke my oath. I killed him. Nobody has the right to kill. Not Mxyzptlk... not you... not Superman. Especially not Superman." (Action Comics #583)
    "Thou shall not kill".(humans is silent in that rule)It's an imperitive.It's american civil religious ethics coming through.see,the problem with that is.If you don't see that as light.Then naturally won't see a protagonist taking a life as grey or dark.I am not saying anyone has the right to take a life either.I am saying people do...Superman did.Heck!we need to eat .don't we?Many cultures would call eating meat violent and dark.

There are many versions of superman.And superman evolved into silverage portrayal and standpoint.Even by that moral standard(american civil religious one.Interestingly enough,superman who is best humanity has to offer takes on christ and other savior figure essence).He was a vigilante who fought for the little guy's justice.he was a liar who wrote about truth.His world view was not white/light from the standards you set as light and the value system/prism you view the world with..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Hm. I thought Major Glory was Captain America, since all the others characters are based-off Marvel characters.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

astro-city-1.jpg

(10chars)
    Last edited by DABellWrites; 06-28-2021 at 04:53 PM.