Default Golden Age heroes not serving in WWII

I know the story of Clark getting declared 4-F, but are there any excuses given for other heroes of a similar age?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I know the story of Clark getting declared 4-F, but are there any excuses given for other heroes of a similar age?
    The Spectre couldn't pass a physical, being a dead guy and all. They actually didn't give him a feature in All-Star Comics #11, and gave Wonder Woman a rare solo feature instead.

Astonishing Member

Considering that FDR played a role in founding the Justice Society, its possible that he and his officials knew the heroes' secret identities and ensured they stayed out of the war so they could focus on defending the home front.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Considering that FDR played a role in founding the Justice Society, its possible that he and his officials knew the heroes' secret identities and ensured they stayed out of the war so they could focus on defending the home front.
    I was really thinking about canonical excuses. I totally get TPTB just not addressing it, but I was curious as to if any heroes other than Superman actually had on-panel reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    This is wrong. They did enlist (except for Spectre), briefly becoming the Justice Battalion of America, and would fight against the Japanese, Hitler, etc. They soon reverted to being the Justice Society, and then in 1944, they suddenly stopped mentioning them being in the army (and in Johnny Thunder's case, the navy).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman