Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

oh no... the dreaded wiki LOL

I'm so sorry but that wiki is very disorganized. i cant navigate it for **** and everyone on the team was like "f**k this, we'll just do our own"

now i REALLY dont want them writing ANOTHER Mutant classification, like... lets let that be something we abide by from canon (even if for the most part)

There's very poor explaination too of certain details like "highest order" and "high order" and- what the hell does that mean, where are the other orders listed, what determines the order you fit in????

naw where is like Marvel's handbook on this or something like that. that wiki will only make the writers mad and do their own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So y'all are working in marvel? Also is your thing happening after Hickman or during Hickman because from what he has stated his run is going to continue for at least two more years.
    AH... are we working with Marvel... ha that would be telling, I'll say that!

um this project is purely independent of whatever Hickman has in place. However my JOB is to scout about outside our think tank and "test audience" for answers that would best enhance what the project will accomplish

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post

um this project is purely independent of whatever Hickman has in place. However my JOB is to scout about outside our think tank and "test audience" for answers that would best enhance what the project will accomplish
    If soo then I would wish you all the best of luck. Was previously thinking this was a new mythos trying to be established but I mean this is the xmen two different things can go on at the same time

Fantastic Member

I don't know how to delete, but see below post lol.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 06-21-2021 at 05:35 PM.

Fantastic Member

Ah...nevermind...good luck lol

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It says both Magneto and Forge are the most powerful of their power types on the planet Earth. But what makes Magneto an Omega and not Forge is hypothetically the upper limit of Forges powers can be surpassed.

It takes into account the hypothetical situation of Forges powers not just his innate ability. So the type of power set determines who can qualify as an omega.

Hence why Rogue isn't one despite being very powerful

You can never get an omega of each class due to the limits of the ability. It depends on the power type as well.

?????

Rogue is more powerfull to much Omega confirmed

Rogue is potential Omega

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I've had the following on file for some time now. I hope it can of some use to you:

Omega Class: An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey, Vulcan, Rachel Summers, Iceman, Legion, Magneto. These mutants are the rarest of all mutants.
    I don't believe Rachel Summers was actually listed as an Omega although she probably should have been given that she is the daughter of Jean Grey & Scott Summers, a genetic pairing much sought after by Mr. Sinister.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I don't believe Rachel Summers was actually listed as an Omega although she probably should have been given that she is the daughter of Jean Grey & Scott Summers, a genetic pairing much sought after by Mr. Sinister.
    As previously stated, that list is over ten years old. Much has changed since .

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Ah...nevermind...good luck lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    If soo then I would wish you all the best of luck. Was previously thinking this was a new mythos trying to be established but I mean this is the xmen two different things can go on at the same time
    well it IS a new mythos that does seek some level of being part of "establishment".

the reason this is important is because, this project is international and involves hundreds of thousands new to Marvel. this very well COULD take to mainstream, as i'm up close and personal to it, and can see its increasing appeal. to me, its best if fans of ALL types had a say, because when this takes off... it would be satisfactory to all parties and no one would feel original canon is being slighted. thats why I'm here. I dont want to have to write a "I told you so" post down the line and it would be too late for ANYONE to have a say in its direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    ?????

Rogue is more powerfull to much Omega confirmed

Rogue is potential Omega
    Well many in the think tank HAS voted for Rogue to be at least listed with Omega Potential. so in the new narrative, we would see an evolution of Rogue into being categorized as omega

Fantastic Member

well it IS a new mythos that does seek some level of being part of "establishment".

the reason this is important is because, this project is international and involves hundreds of thousands new to Marvel. this very well COULD take to mainstream, as i'm up close and personal to it, and can see its increasing appeal. to me, its best if fans of ALL types had a say, because when this takes off... it would be satisfactory to all parties and no one would feel original canon is being slighted. thats why I'm here. I dont want to have to write a "I told you so" post down the line and it would be too late for ANYONE to have a say in its direction.
    I think the issue for me is that you are promising to follow canon by doing the exact opposite which is ignoring the current canon. Hickman has brought clarity (or at least tried to) to the Omega discussion and the first thing you do is ignore his definitions but claim that everything is so vague. It doesn't make much sense and it seems like all of this is just an attempt for different "fans"- albeit perhaps powerful ones - to create the structure according to what's agreeable to them. If there was an attempt to create a hierarchy based on canon, in my opinion, it should start with what has already been defined (the Omegas) and then sort everything else that hasn't (Alpha's on down).

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I think the issue for me is that you are promising to follow canon by doing the exact opposite which is ignoring the current canon. Hickman has brought clarity (or at least tried to) to the Omega discussion and the first thing you do is ignore his definitions but claim that everything is so vague. It doesn't make much sense and it seems like all of this is just an attempt for different "fans"- albeit perhaps powerful ones - to create the structure according to what's agreeable to them. If there was an attempt to create a hierarchy based on canon, in my opinion, it should start with what has already been defined (the Omegas) and then sort everything else that hasn't (Alpha's on down).
    ugh... i think u misunderstand me and maybe i need to get a bit more blunt where the writers are concerned.

first and foremost, there are members of the team that HATE Hickman's work and with the main writer (my boss) trying to accomplish middle ground, i've looked for an official like chart of the whole classification without good, clear results. the wiki imho is a mess to weave thru and i see why she thru her hands in the air, and said screw this, we'll write our own, which is what I DON'T want. I'm here now asking for YOUR help.

now... I've YET to see ANYONE link me or offer like a Marvel handbook or something that defines these classfications (other than link to thw wiki).

and its not about a "promise" to follow canon beat by beat, but to glean from it as new ideas are being formulated, and not feel jarring or unnatural.

currently on the table is that "Omega" is a Mutant with unlimited potential, but not necessarily unlimited power. thos of "higher orders" would match the criteria of "unlimited" power. "Beyond Omega" are Mutants that were born of "unnatural/non-linear" (or whatever) realities. This branches off into what she calls "high concept" powers and plots, which she's said has never been explored, to which I can attest to that based on my research.

now if you're saying we need to start with Alpha and onward then now the subject becomes, maybe they come up with something on that, and i could pass that around for opinions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    As previously stated, that list is over ten years old. Much has changed since .
    If I remember correctly marvel has never defined what an omega, alpha or whatever mutant is. The closest we ever got to defining omega was Logan saying omega means really really powerful. This list isn't cannon it is fans coming up with ways to classify and describe the mutants. Hickman didn't retcon the meaning of omega you can't retcon what was never there he simply retconned who is an who isn't omega. And assuming that Mr M was in another dimension this whole time and was still classified this means that xman is either dead or isn't an actual omega mutant anymore maybe never was.

Fantastic Member

first and foremost, there are members of the team that HATE Hickman's work and with the main writer (my boss) trying to accomplish middle ground, i've looked for an official like chart of the whole classification without good, clear results. the wiki imho is a mess to weave thru and i see why she thru her hands in the air, and said screw this, we'll write our own, which is what I DON'T want. I'm here now asking for YOUR help.
    lol
    now... I've YET to see ANYONE link me or offer like a Marvel handbook or something that defines these classfications (other than link to thw wiki).

and its not about a "promise" to follow canon beat by beat, but to glean from it as new ideas are being formulated, and not feel jarring or unnatural.

currently on the table is that "Omega" is a Mutant with unlimited potential, but not necessarily unlimited power. thos of "higher orders" would match the criteria of "unlimited" power.
    I think I’m clear on what you’re looking for but I just feel like the logic in the process is flawed. You start by saying some of the writers hate Hickman’s work. This is being used as the basis for trying to restructure the whole thing. Yet at the same time you say you are looking for an official source that clearly defines or gives guidelines as to how to classify mutants by power class. However, because a few people hate what he’s done, you are deliberately ignoring the current authority on what makes a mutant Omega. That just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. And since the project is starting based on some people’s bias against Hickman, I don’t see how you will end up with a list other than one that satisfies the biases of the people involved in the project thus just adding to the confusion anyway.