Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Powers of x 1

Thanks.

But the chimeras only the fourth generation are stated to be omega level based they do t say anything about beyond omega. Or I missed something....

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Thanks.

But the chimeras only the fourth generation are stated to be omega level based they do t say anything about beyond omega. Or I missed something....
    Usually omegas have just 1 x-gene power at the omega level, the 4th generation chimeras were composite of multiple omega x-genes so in that sense they were were a more powerful version of the natural omegas
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    So Gambit chose to be kinda on a Beta level, but naturally is actually Omega. In what my boss is writing, Gambit would evolve into becoming a... I guess "High Order" Omega level Mutant.

Storm varies. I think sometimes she's Alpha and other times by fans lableed Omega. My supervisor (fi you will) says Storm is much more "Alpha" as she only has a limited range of what her powers are and can do, despite destructive nature. Omega she says (according to her research) is a Mutant with virtually unlimited potential in what they can do and cause. For her, Matthew Mallow is the best example.
    Storm is a certified Omega as she is literally listed as an Omega mutant in canon according to current definition. Most of the Omega mutants were all a part of the recent Mars feat. So it's pretty clear who is currently Omega and who is not.

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Hey everyone!

So my boss wants me to find out where there's a good chart explaining in detail, mutant classifications. The wiki seems to be in "parts, pieces and bobs" she says and would like to know where there's full listing of each classificiation and sub classifications.

examples given are, "how many Greek letters are used?" this was said as a joke, but the point is important... how many levels are there using Greek letters?

She and her team only knows of the following tiers in said order, seeking assistance on structuring this to canon:

BEYOND OMEGA- Mutants of incalculable power, beyond limitless

OMEGA- Mutants of unlimited potential

Alpha- Mutants most powerful in one particular power

Beta- Mutants that are very powerful, requiring lethal force to subdue them

Gamma- Mutants with powers that can do sizable damage

Epsilon- Mutants with no real threatening powers, or their mutation is purely physical in appearance, bearing no powers.

Within are sub-categories like "Alpha-"" or "Alpha/Beta-""" and High Order or Highest Order of particular power types. What are the other orders, and what do they mean? However she wants to know ALL the sub-cates and rough definition of these.

Any help on this please and thanks!
    Bad Bad Bad WTF.... Rogue is in control now . Tks.

Rogue for now is Alpha . With Omega potential
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 06-20-2021 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Bad Bad Bad WTF.... Rogue is un control . Tks.

Rogue for now is Alpha . With Omega potential
    The only way she could become omega is by stealing the omega x-gene from someone else
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The only way she could become omega is by stealing the omega x-gene from someone else
    Lol. No.

Rogue is potential Omega. For logic and feats. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Lol. No.

Rogue is potential Omega. For logic and feats. Sorry
    Yhea, well, the fact is that she really isn’t.

"Beyond Omega" makes no sense and is flawed writing from "the lost years" era. It's shock value power creep nonsense.

AT BEST, it's a poor way of describing a mutant who is currently registering at or near peak expectations of their power potential.

Always remember that canonically, Jean and Bobby were evaluated as Omega level mutants AS TEENAGERS, well before they developed into the tanks that they are now. But yet teenage Jean&Bobby and current Jean&Bobby are both Omega level mutants, they are simply further along their developmental potential.

At least Hickman has done away with that nonsense

Fantastic Member

What kind of work is this that you get to do this as a job?

I must admit, I'm concerned about a project when the leader's favorite mutant is Mathew Malloy.

Quote Originally Posted by captain Qball View Post
    What kind of work is this that you get to do this as a job?

I must admit, I'm concerned about a project when the leader's favorite mutant is Mathew Malloy.
    LOL well... there's more to this than it being a "job" I'll say it like that much. Also, her favorite Mutant is NOT Matthew Malloy, but she sees a lot of potential in his character. What she has in store for him is way more insightful and creative than what Bendis did with the character. I like how he's brought back to life too.

Her favorite Mutant (whether she wishes to admit it or not) is Gambit. I know bc of the direction she's taken his character. others are also highly anticipating her putting these concepts in action to the point many in her current think tank has demanded she come up with some spin offs solely dedicated to him.

Apparently someone has high interest in trust in her... she recently was made an admin for Marvel Studio's own "private fanclub" (I can't reveal it in full, it would blow my cover) which has over half a million members, while she has followers of her own of nearly half a million. She has quite the audience. That's why I'm trying to collect info or gain insights from comic fans that would best assist her and her team.

With the mutant classification she was on the verge of making up her own just using the basics of her knowledge. that's why I asked here, what are the tiers, how they are described, how they work, etc.

She's come up with her own definition for what "beyond omega" will mean, so that's the only classification she says she will totally rewrite as of now. her definition is too much of a mind **** so i'll just sit back and wait to see it in action lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Storm is a certified Omega as she is literally listed as an Omega mutant in canon according to current definition. Most of the Omega mutants were all a part of the recent Mars feat. So it's pretty clear who is currently Omega and who is not.
    It's almost as if these people are, 1) not reading the current comics so do not know the new developments, or, 2) just don't care and are deciding to do headcannon. Either way they seem not to be in the authority to discuss this matter as Hickman and marvel themselves has stated it clearly who is and who is not omega. And I am sorry but in this era who have they marketed as an omega level mutant more than storm. Because. In all the games coming out she is classified omega, the hell fire gala promo she was the only one with omega level attacked to her name. So I am confused at to why these people are trying to take away that classification.....hmmmm I think we might know why.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    "Beyond Omega" makes no sense and is flawed writing from "the lost years" era. It's shock value power creep nonsense.

AT BEST, it's a poor way of describing a mutant who is currently registering at or near peak expectations of their power potential.

Always remember that canonically, Jean and Bobby were evaluated as Omega level mutants AS TEENAGERS, well before they developed into the tanks that they are now. But yet teenage Jean&Bobby and current Jean&Bobby are both Omega level mutants, they are simply further along their developmental potential.

At least Hickman has done away with that nonsense
    An omega was an omega from birth and would always be an omega. You cannot train to become omega, it's something you are either born with or you aren't. You cannot have omega potential that simply means you are omega as omega is literally omega potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I've had the following on file for some time now. I hope it can of some use to you:

Omega Class: An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey, Vulcan, Rachel Summers, Iceman, Legion, Magneto. These mutants are the rarest of all mutants.

Alpha Class: The Alpha Mutants are the most powerful and most feared mutants. Alpha mutants have extremely powerful mutant traits without any significant flaws. Less than 10% of mutants are Alpha mutants so they are very rare. Some of the Alpha mutants include Cyclops, Gambit, Professor X, Havok, Colossus, and Emma Frost.

Beta Class: As far as how potent their powers are Beta Mutants are on the same level as Alpha mutants. The difference between Beta Mutants and Alpha Mutants is that the Beta Mutants have flaws, albeit very small flaws. The Beta mutants are also believed to be about 10% of the mutant population. Some examples of Beta mutants are Beast, Angel, Wolverine, Mystique and Sabretooth.

Gamma Class: Gamma mutants have very powerful mutants (starting to see a pattern?) but they have flaws. Unlike the Beta mutants a Gamma mutant's flaw is a major flaw that makes their life very hard. The best example is probably Rogue. Rogue can absorb anybody's power, which makes her very powerful, but she can't touch people making any kind of romantic life difficult. Also, while Alpha and Beta mutants can pass as regular looking humans, the majority of Gamma mutants cannot because they have physical defects like Blob or Marrow.

Delta Class: Delta Mutants are like Alpha mutants in that they don't have any significant flaws. The only problem is that Delta mutants don't have powers that match an Alpha mutant, or even a Beta or Gamma mutant. At least 50% of mutants are Delta mutants making them the most common type of mutant. Some examples of Delta mutants are Forge, Domino and Calisto.

Epsilon Class: Epsilon mutants or like Gamma mutants in that they have major flaws that make their lives very difficult. They also like Delta mutants have little or no significant powers to speak of. Approximately 20% of mutants are Epsilon mutants making them the second most common type of mutant. An example of an Epsilon class mutant is Beak.

Zeta Class: Zeta class mutants make up roughly 10% of the mutant population. They are mutants who have the "X-Gene", but it is still latent.
    Why is Cyclops considered as ALPHA? Like Rogue, while being powerful, he has a major flaw as he cannot control his optic blast, shouldn't he be a BETA?

Omega doesn't mean infinite potential or power anymore. It's been retconed to mean the highest registered power that has not been surpassed by human means. It means you can be knocked off the list if a more powerful human comes around and the region makes their powers finite

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Why is Cyclops considered as ALPHA? Like Rogue, while being powerful, he has a major flaw as he cannot control his optic blast, shouldn't he be a BETA?
    Rogue can control her powers