Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Read the example when it says power its not talking "power level". It even says dominant power. Meaning in terms of Jean its talking about telepathy.

There's two pieces to this. Telepathy is a power that could mean any telepath is a contender. But Jean and Kid Omega register higher.

Note that it says Forge is the most powerful technopath but that could still be surpassed because of the nature of technopathy. Magnetism the nature could hypothetically be limitless.

The new definition is a massive nerf

And like they suggested with Nate Grey, yes someone could come around and knock someone of their throne

And yes a new mutant could be born and dethrone an omega
    I’m gonna save myself a lot of time and just agree to disagree with you, after all the the definition is pretty clear and there’s no point in keeping this argument going.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-21-2021 at 08:24 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

This is further shown by Hope and Jamie having to amp several omegas powers. If its unlimited why would they need help

This may help.

undefinable adjective
    Save Word

To save this word, you'll need to log in.
    un·​de·​fin·​able | \ ˌən-di-ˈfī-nə-bəl
    \
    Definition of undefinable

: unable to be defined or precisely described : indefinable a seemingly undefinable term … he felt an undefinable dread laying hold on him …— George Eliot

That is why there can be two omega level telepaths it's not a competition it's that their power in the specific class can never can never be defined in terms of limits. Like Storm for instance, thor anywhere summons the same whether, Storms ability to the manipulate weather changes based on dimension, planet, resources available. If there is an infinite amount of stars her powers could theoretically work an infinite amount of ways where as Thor powers will always act the same no matter where he is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This is further shown by Hope and Jamie having to amp several omegas powers. If its unlimited why would they need help
    If it wasn't unlimited she wouldn't be able to keep amping them up. Like when someone says warm up a car before driving. None of them have terraformed before and they were able to do it in half the time.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Huh? Ohk erhm if that's sooo then won't that create problems I mean omega mutants as they are already are broken to the core as a concept. It's hard to imagine what can challenge them if they are written to the best of their abilities. Making a new class of beyond omega would just strip all meaning from the word. I don't mean to come of as harsh but it would seem like a cop out of all those concepts like the beyonders and such.
    I for one do not even believe there should be classification of mutant powers but we have the omegas defined so that's a thing. But beyond omega that's just a no from me. The only being beyond omega should be the one Above all as they are beyond all contradictions and as such even infinity itself. But if you want to use "beyond" omega level charachters simply use the current omegas but from another reality. All the current omegas with their potential fully realized or at least realized to a great and unfathomable degree since one cannot realize infinite potential. That would give rise to even more interesting stories and such.
    Um so i CANT reveal the plot as it delves into some wilde, innovative concepts for storytelling. the whole use of omega and beyond omega plays a role in it.

So my boss is not a normal writer and thats why its been very easy for her to find "roadblocks" on powers that are considered virtually unlimited. using psychic powers for example, she already discussed multiple powers exceeding what psychic forces are capable of, even at their infinite heights, this is new grounds that ive never seen. Using the Phoenix force as an example, an omniversal occurrence (in this new narrative) alters the fabric of existence, and the Phoenix seeks to attack and destroy its source... only to realize by doing so will cause all that is utter annihilation (and that's not the only catch-22). so theres a lot of... mindfuckery with some of these concepts but once you see it manifest, i believe it would become way more comprehensive.

Omega woudnt be on the same level as cosmic even if possessing cosmic level feats. theres explanation to this, that basically involves tiering of power that i dont remember in full.

"Beyond Omega" has to deal with mutants born of or connected to "unnatural/not normal" realities, therefore they posses powers that of the writer's new insane concepts. I cant spoil what this will mean, honestly couldnt explain it if i could. one could definitely call this "high concept" storytelling for sure.

i definitely dont agree that TOAA should be the only one surpassing Omega mutants, that doesnt make too much sense to me. However the idea of "beyond infinite/limitless or unlimited" IS supposed to represent concepts that are outside cosmic law, and that is going to be very interesting to see!

At anyrate my reason for being her is to find out what is the most cohesive Mutant classification tiering and pass it to my boss so she can write something within familiarity to current canon yet be properly refined by her upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    If it wasn't unlimited she wouldn't be able to keep amping them up. Like when someone says warm up a car before driving. None of them have terraformed before and they were able to do it in half the time.
    Or she just amps them similar to how she amps the rest of the 5. Vulcan was actually struggling despite being amped

Or she just amps them similar to how she amps the rest of the 5. Vulcan was actually struggling despite being amped
    What struggle, dude cockily wrang his hands together like "i got this" and then yelled out unleashing. I imagine it felt good to cut loose like that for him given all he has been going through in this run. But people do see what they want.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So why do you all want to change that and make a mess of things. Hickman's definition fits it makes sense it gives the most powerful mutants some limits which is very much needed. With what you are suggesting then the beyond omega mutants better solve all the problems the race is going through. We also won't want to see any mutant suffering because I mean if you are bringing charachters stronger than Franklin, magneto and storm, then all mutant problems should be wished away. Unless these beyond omega mutants are doing to be the villans then like I said that would be a cop out of the beyonder concepts and such. It won't be original and hence by default luckluster because you would have to deliver above the beyonder story.
    LOL trust me... this DOES go beyond the Beyonder tale. the narrative hits "beyond the beyond the beyond" like nothing ive seen in comic form (from what i've researched) also, keep in mind that "beyond omega" mutants aren't "all powerful" but simply possess "high concept" powers. "Beyond omegas" are also pretty vulnerable due to their circumstances, which is compromised in an existential sort of way. They are worried enough with their own plight, much less the plight of "normal" Mutants.

We're not making any more of a mess than these classifications already are. I couldn't even GOOGLE "mutant class" and find any coherent information. theres also tiers that are unexplained and not laid out like "highest order" "Alpha psi" and such.

the narrative introduces these new concepts to open the doors for far more innovation and creative story development.

If Hickman's so such a superior classification, mind linking me to it so I can pass it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I disagree, that’s not the definition that was given, technopathy could be an omega power if an omega level technopath were to be born, omega level is not a race to the top but a characteristic of the x-gene, in fact magneto is and will always be an omega level mutant.
    LOL funny enough, there IS such at thing as "omega level technopathy" and even "beyond omega technopath", and the exploration of such is literally terrifying.

there's actually another term that superceds "technopath" but is of the same power type, but what its reimagined to be is literally chilling and how "unlimited" "techno-power" is by the writer's exploration is nothing short of cosmic/beyond cosmic horror but with a technological twist. So keep that in mind

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

See these types of arguments is why power levels are bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'll be honest I'm here for my boss who is writing a major Marvel narrative right now. she wants to create a sense of consensus and open the doors for broader ideas and stories told. i'm here to get an alternative view from her current following.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yeah, this is true.

I mean, what's more thematically impactful, a dozen mutants like Magma and Rictor and Avalanche and Petra working together (some of them former enemies!), to sculpt / blaze a hole into Mars core and then a dozen more like Sunspot, Firestar, Sunfire, etc. to heat the iron to be inserted, or Vulcan and Magneto doing it all by themselves?

In the Age of Krakoa, *many mutants* working together, from formerly opposing factions, would seem to be the way to go. One uber-mutant telling them all to stand down, he got this, sounds more like the sort of attitude that would define an Age of Apocalypse, all about the big man and his ego...

This Omega stuff seems like a whole lotta hubris.

I can see more and more why Jean stepped back from the council. When she was most powerful was *not* the high point of her life. (And she loves some dudes who are clearly not Omega-tier.)

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsmack View Post
    CYCLOPS is Alpha? On par or close to Professor X or Emma Frost? Is this your opinion or has he been acknowledged as having such an incredible power. Don't get me wrong, his force blast is often impressive, but it seems a stretch to rate such a one note power as "alpha". Forge, for instance, is a "delta" class, and his power seems more powerful than Scott's optic blast.

I'm not ragging on Cyclops. I think his power is simple and elegant. I've always understood it as not overpowered as far as superheroes go. He's such a great combat leader, which is more valuable than his power most times.
    This list is over ten years old. I didn't write it. I think I plucked it from reddit or some other other discussion website. I found the classifications helpful for my own writing purposes and held onto it. The argument could be made that several mutants could be shuffled around, Cyclops being one of them. It doesn't address secondary mutations and I was always curious about the rarity of that and where it would fit in. For example; Shatterstar started out with a flawed shockwave power that ranked him as maybe a Delta. His secondary power to teleport (across galaxies, no less) could possibly bump him up to a Beta.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Um so i CANT reveal the plot as it delves into some wilde, innovative concepts for storytelling. the whole use of omega and beyond omega plays a role in it.

So my boss is not a normal writer and thats why its been very easy for her to find "roadblocks" on powers that are considered virtually unlimited. using psychic powers for example, she already discussed multiple powers exceeding what psychic forces are capable of, even at their infinite heights, this is new grounds that ive never seen. Using the Phoenix force as an example, an omniversal occurrence (in this new narrative) alters the fabric of existence, and the Phoenix seeks to attack and destroy its source... only to realize by doing so will cause all that is utter annihilation (and that's not the only catch-22). so theres a lot of... mindfuckery with some of these concepts but once you see it manifest, i believe it would become way more comprehensive.

Omega woudnt be on the same level as cosmic even if possessing cosmic level feats. theres explanation to this, that basically involves tiering of power that i dont remember in full.

"Beyond Omega" has to deal with mutants born of or connected to "unnatural/not normal" realities, therefore they posses powers that of the writer's new insane concepts. I cant spoil what this will mean, honestly couldnt explain it if i could. one could definitely call this "high concept" storytelling for sure.

i definitely dont agree that TOAA should be the only one surpassing Omega mutants, that doesnt make too much sense to me. However the idea of "beyond infinite/limitless or unlimited" IS supposed to represent concepts that are outside cosmic law, and that is going to be very interesting to see!

At anyrate my reason for being her is to find out what is the most cohesive Mutant classification tiering and pass it to my boss so she can write something within familiarity to current canon yet be properly refined by her upgrades
    So y'all are working in marvel? Also is your thing happening after Hickman or during Hickman because from what he has stated his run is going to continue for at least two more years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    LOL trust me... this DOES go beyond the Beyonder tale. the narrative hits "beyond the beyond the beyond" like nothing ive seen in comic form (from what i've researched) also, keep in mind that "beyond omega" mutants aren't "all powerful" but simply possess "high concept" powers. "Beyond omegas" are also pretty vulnerable due to their circumstances, which is compromised in an existential sort of way. They are worried enough with their own plight, much less the plight of "normal" Mutants.

We're not making any more of a mess than these classifications already are. I couldn't even GOOGLE "mutant class" and find any coherent information. theres also tiers that are unexplained and not laid out like "highest order" "Alpha psi" and such.

the narrative introduces these new concepts to open the doors for far more innovation and creative story development.

If Hickman's so such a superior classification, mind linking me to it so I can pass it on?
    O..............k