Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Mutant power classification pls

Hey everyone!

So my boss wants me to find out where there's a good chart explaining in detail, mutant classifications. The wiki seems to be in "parts, pieces and bobs" she says and would like to know where there's full listing of each classificiation and sub classifications.

examples given are, "how many Greek letters are used?" this was said as a joke, but the point is important... how many levels are there using Greek letters?

She and her team only knows of the following tiers in said order, seeking assistance on structuring this to canon:

BEYOND OMEGA- Mutants of incalculable power, beyond limitless

OMEGA- Mutants of unlimited potential

Alpha- Mutants most powerful in one particular power

Beta- Mutants that are very powerful, requiring lethal force to subdue them

Gamma- Mutants with powers that can do sizable damage

Epsilon- Mutants with no real threatening powers, or their mutation is purely physical in appearance, bearing no powers.

Within are sub-categories like "Alpha-"" or "Alpha/Beta-""" and High Order or Highest Order of particular power types. What are the other orders, and what do they mean? However she wants to know ALL the sub-cates and rough definition of these.

Any help on this please and thanks!

Which mutant is beyond omega. 1st time I've heard about that classification.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

I've had the following on file for some time now. I hope it can of some use to you:

Omega Class: An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey, Vulcan, Rachel Summers, Iceman, Legion, Magneto. These mutants are the rarest of all mutants.

Alpha Class: The Alpha Mutants are the most powerful and most feared mutants. Alpha mutants have extremely powerful mutant traits without any significant flaws. Less than 10% of mutants are Alpha mutants so they are very rare. Some of the Alpha mutants include Cyclops, Gambit, Professor X, Havok, Colossus, and Emma Frost.

Beta Class: As far as how potent their powers are Beta Mutants are on the same level as Alpha mutants. The difference between Beta Mutants and Alpha Mutants is that the Beta Mutants have flaws, albeit very small flaws. The Beta mutants are also believed to be about 10% of the mutant population. Some examples of Beta mutants are Beast, Angel, Wolverine, Mystique and Sabretooth.

Gamma Class: Gamma mutants have very powerful mutants (starting to see a pattern?) but they have flaws. Unlike the Beta mutants a Gamma mutant's flaw is a major flaw that makes their life very hard. The best example is probably Rogue. Rogue can absorb anybody's power, which makes her very powerful, but she can't touch people making any kind of romantic life difficult. Also, while Alpha and Beta mutants can pass as regular looking humans, the majority of Gamma mutants cannot because they have physical defects like Blob or Marrow.

Delta Class: Delta Mutants are like Alpha mutants in that they don't have any significant flaws. The only problem is that Delta mutants don't have powers that match an Alpha mutant, or even a Beta or Gamma mutant. At least 50% of mutants are Delta mutants making them the most common type of mutant. Some examples of Delta mutants are Forge, Domino and Calisto.

Epsilon Class: Epsilon mutants or like Gamma mutants in that they have major flaws that make their lives very difficult. They also like Delta mutants have little or no significant powers to speak of. Approximately 20% of mutants are Epsilon mutants making them the second most common type of mutant. An example of an Epsilon class mutant is Beak.

Zeta Class: Zeta class mutants make up roughly 10% of the mutant population. They are mutants who have the "X-Gene", but it is still latent.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    i think it was nate grey and franklin that were given the distinction but i don't know if its still thing

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I've had the following on file for some time now. I hope it can of some use to you:

What about Storm, Polaris, Karma, Magik, Banshee?

I don't think Gambit is Alpha, he hasn't really demonstrate any. I think Storm and Polaris are both Alpha.

I don't think Beast and Angel are Beta, their powers are pretty mild. There are much more powerful mutants than them.
    Last edited by ericng; 06-20-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post

I don't think Gambit is Alpha, he hasn't really demonstrate any. I think Storm and Polaris are both Alpha.

I don't think Beast and Angel are Beta, their powers are pretty mild. There are much more powerful mutants than them.
    Storm is Omega. House of X #1 has a list of all the Omegas. There are only 12.

Hold on, gonna put some pop-corn in the microwave
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

You think I'm gonna classify ALL the mutants? lol

Incredible Member

I think Emma first applied the term to Vulcan. He was initially a non-omega but after absorbing all the energy from decimation, became "Omega and beyond". I remember readers complained how can someone be beyond "unlimited".

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Power levels are, essentially, total arbitrary bullshit. Non-Omegas have accomplished feats on par with real Omegas, because of story convenience. Likewise, when a writer doesn't want an Omega to instantly end the story with their godlike powers (which is essentially all the time) the Omegas become ridiculously weaker for the sake of the story not instantly ending. It's why one second Magneto can be chucking meteors and the next gripe about how nothing can be done about Orchis.

The concept of Mutant Circuits has also made the concept seem even more ridiculous, where non Omegas like Goldballs can accomplish insane feats working together with other mutants.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Just like to remind everyone that Dazzler is OG classified as an Omega by Project Pegasus, thanks.
    49B1BD12-36AF-433A-B9A9-566B0B75988E.jpg

So I was told Mr. M, Matthew Malloy (my boss's personal fave), and Vulcan are the few of the few "beyond omega" mutants. She's become involved with Marvel (in a somewhat indirect way) and so for what she's writing, she wants a good lay out for these classification.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post

Omega Class: An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey, Vulcan, Rachel Summers, Iceman, Legion, Magneto. These mutants are the rarest of all mutants.

Alpha Class: The Alpha Mutants are the most powerful and most feared mutants. Alpha mutants have extremely powerful mutant traits without any significant flaws. Less than 10% of mutants are Alpha mutants so they are very rare. Some of the Alpha mutants include Cyclops, Gambit, Professor X, Havok, Colossus, and Emma Frost.

Beta Class: As far as how potent their powers are Beta Mutants are on the same level as Alpha mutants. The difference between Beta Mutants and Alpha Mutants is that the Beta Mutants have flaws, albeit very small flaws. The Beta mutants are also believed to be about 10% of the mutant population. Some examples of Beta mutants are Beast, Angel, Wolverine, Mystique and Sabretooth.

Gamma Class: Gamma mutants have very powerful mutants (starting to see a pattern?) but they have flaws. Unlike the Beta mutants a Gamma mutant's flaw is a major flaw that makes their life very hard. The best example is probably Rogue. Rogue can absorb anybody's power, which makes her very powerful, but she can't touch people making any kind of romantic life difficult. Also, while Alpha and Beta mutants can pass as regular looking humans, the majority of Gamma mutants cannot because they have physical defects like Blob or Marrow.

Delta Class: Delta Mutants are like Alpha mutants in that they don't have any significant flaws. The only problem is that Delta mutants don't have powers that match an Alpha mutant, or even a Beta or Gamma mutant. At least 50% of mutants are Delta mutants making them the most common type of mutant. Some examples of Delta mutants are Forge, Domino and Calisto.

Epsilon Class: Epsilon mutants or like Gamma mutants in that they have major flaws that make their lives very difficult. They also like Delta mutants have little or no significant powers to speak of. Approximately 20% of mutants are Epsilon mutants making them the second most common type of mutant. An example of an Epsilon class mutant is Beak.

Zeta Class: Zeta class mutants make up roughly 10% of the mutant population. They are mutants who have the "X-Gene", but it is still latent.
    Hands down this is the best lay out I've seen so far, so thanks for that!

there are a few minor details I need...

I'll use Jean Grey for an example (as I couldn't find any other) she's described in the wiki as "Alpha-Psi" and "Psionic of the Highest Order". Vulcan was also described as "High Order Energy Manipulator". What are these orders? What's their range?

So Gambit chose to be kinda on a Beta level, but naturally is actually Omega. In what my boss is writing, Gambit would evolve into becoming a... I guess "High Order" Omega level Mutant.

Storm varies. I think sometimes she's Alpha and other times by fans lableed Omega. My supervisor (fi you will) says Storm is much more "Alpha" as she only has a limited range of what her powers are and can do, despite destructive nature. Omega she says (according to her research) is a Mutant with virtually unlimited potential in what they can do and cause. For her, Matthew Mallow is the best example.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I think Emma first applied the term to Vulcan. He was initially a non-omega but after absorbing all the energy from decimation, became "Omega and beyond". I remember readers complained how can someone be beyond "unlimited".
    Well... according to boss lady, there's such a thing as "beyond unlimited" and her writing will explore what the hell such concept would mean lol