Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    His power is weather manipulation unlike technopathy it has an undefinable limit. Hence why Storm can be considered for the list as she is a weather manipulator.

The Indian mutant with weather manipulation powers not the marauder
    Ah ah, where in all marvel have they stated that weather manipulation on its own is an ability with UNDEFINABLE limits. Where are you getting this from?
    The Indian mutant did not have the power to manipulate the weather she was called lash and she created energy whips which storm caught. It was never stated that she could control the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Ah ah, where in all marvel have they stated that weather manipulation on its own is an ability with UNDEFINABLE limits. Where are you getting this from?
    The Indian mutant did not have the power to manipulate the weather she was called lash and she created energy whips which storm caught. It was never stated that she could control the weather.
    That's what Hickmans definition says that weather manipulation, magnetism etc are power sets that can be considered omega power sets as they are in theory have no definable limit. While technopathy does

No not Lash this is a male weather manipulator

It's almost as if these people are, 1) not reading the current comics so do not know the new developments, or, 2) just don't care and are deciding to do headcannon. Either way they seem not to be in the authority to discuss this matter as Hickman and marvel themselves has stated it clearly who is and who is not omega. And I am sorry but in this era who have they marketed as an omega level mutant more than storm. Because. In all the games coming out she is classified omega, the hell fire gala promo she was the only one with omega level attacked to her name. So I am confused at to why these people are trying to take away that classification.....hmmmm I think we might know why.
    thats a complaint my superior has mentioned before and that is total lack of consistency. what shes doing is meant to inspire creativity without hurting A consensus (one of her making)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    "Beyond Omega" makes no sense and is flawed writing from "the lost years" era. It's shock value power creep nonsense.

AT BEST, it's a poor way of describing a mutant who is currently registering at or near peak expectations of their power potential.

Always remember that canonically, Jean and Bobby were evaluated as Omega level mutants AS TEENAGERS, well before they developed into the tanks that they are now. But yet teenage Jean&Bobby and current Jean&Bobby are both Omega level mutants, they are simply further along their developmental potential.

At least Hickman has done away with that nonsense
    well my boss has a new definition for "omega" and "beyond omega". Omega will return to meaning "unlimited potential" whereas "beyond omega" dives into some bizarre concepts, to say the least. One particular X-Man is born omega, and their display of their omega potential as an infant is what would draw the massive attention to them from the criminal underworld, similar to their canon story.

Beyond Omega in this sense would dive into Mutants that aren't of "natural" or "normal" reality. Also what defines as "unlimited potential" for an omega isn't the same as "beyond omega".

Quote Originally Posted by perdid06 View Post
    Why is Cyclops considered as ALPHA? Like Rogue, while being powerful, he has a major flaw as he cannot control his optic blast, shouldn't he be a BETA?
    Cyclops is labeled Beta in her rendition of this as he cannot control his powers without using a tool (his visor)

Omega doesn't mean infinite potential or power anymore. It's been retconed to mean the highest registered power that has not been surpassed by human means. It means you can be knocked off the list if a more powerful human comes around and the region makes their powers finite
    the boss wants to revert back to omega defining infinite potential, in order to reintroduce a new definition for "beyond omega". it wont mean that an omega like Magneto could get "dethroned" from being omega just bc someone else surpasses his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Rogue can control her powers
    lol yes, my boss loves Rogue and while she'll start off unable to control her powers, theres a great plot that grants her the ability to control her powers and moving forward she does so

BANNED

That's what Hickmans definition says that weather manipulation, magnetism etc are power sets that can be considered omega power sets as they are in theory have no definable limit. While technopathy does

They said the mutant whose power is deemed, meaning specific to a the mutant and their abilities not that weather manipulation is an infinite ability. Hence why they used magneto against forge not technopathy against magnetism. They said forge is the strongest mutant technopath but he isn't omega because the upper limits of his powers an be surpassed. Not that technopathy can't become an omega power it simply means that forge is not unlimited in his technopathy. Whilst magneto's magnetism powers cannot be surpassed. It's magneto's power not magnetism as a whole.

Not at all, it the user the one that has no defined upper limit, it is not a list of powersets, it is a list of mutant that within their powerset don’t exhibit any measurable upper limit.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

They said the mutant whose power is deemed, meaning specific to a the mutant and their abilities not that weather manipulation is an infinite ability. Hence why they used magneto against forge not technopathy against magnetism. They said forge is the strongest mutant technopath but he isn't omega because the upper limits of his powers an be surpassed. Not that technopathy can't become an omega power it simply means that forge is not unlimited in his technopathy. Whilst magneto's magnetism powers cannot be surpassed. It's magneto's power not magnetism as a whole.
    Exactly, very well said.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

And where was this male weather manipulator introduced in marauders? Because soo far there have not been any new weather manipulators occuring in xcomics.

And where was this male weather manipulator introduced in marauders? Because soo far there have not been any new weather manipulators occuring in xcomics.
    I'm using him as an example he's am obscure mutant. But the point being is that his power set is weather manipulation. He can compete for the title as his power set is undefinable. However Storm registers higher in power then him that is why she is the omega of that power class.

He falls into the same group as her jist like Polaris does to Magneto

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Not at all, it the user the one that has no defined upper limit, it is not a list of powersets, it is a list of mutant that within their powerset don’t exhibit any measurable upper limit.
    Read Hickmans definition and example.

You will never get an omega level morpher or technopath because in theory there is an upper limit.

Magneto reaches the highest level of power is in his power class as is Forge. But the nature of technopathy means Forge can never be omega

The key words are highest and power class suggesting there are more mutants for that power class. What makes Magneto omega is he has demonstrated the most power in that class.

And yes a baby could be born tommorrow and kick him out of that class

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I can appreciate what you're saying, but my acquaintance is not an ordinary writer so that's why she's introducing the idea of "beyond infinte" potential and power. just because cosmic cubes are infinite (or nigh-infinite) in power doesnt mean there couldnt be something posssibly beyond their ability. she's proven that to me in a way i cannot really explain unfortunately.

Again the chart is to undergo SOME modifications by her and her entire team. the definition of "beyond omega level" mutants refer to mutants that aren't of "normal reality" so to not give spoilers. Matthew Malloy will be employed as an example of the new definition of "beyond omega level", and there are characters (some new and some upgraded) that will explore what "beyond infinite power" would be and look like.

For now, I'm more looking for a good, basic, structured idea of Mutant Classes so the team can create a solid idea. If you alll want once they do come up with an idea of classification Ill be more than happy to share it for good debate
    Huh? Ohk erhm if that's sooo then won't that create problems I mean omega mutants as they are already are broken to the core as a concept. It's hard to imagine what can challenge them if they are written to the best of their abilities. Making a new class of beyond omega would just strip all meaning from the word. I don't mean to come of as harsh but it would seem like a cop out of all those concepts like the beyonders and such.
    I for one do not even believe there should be classification of mutant powers but we have the omegas defined so that's a thing. But beyond omega that's just a no from me. The only being beyond omega should be the one Above all as they are beyond all contradictions and as such even infinity itself. But if you want to use "beyond" omega level charachters simply use the current omegas but from another reality. All the current omegas with their potential fully realized or at least realized to a great and unfathomable degree since one cannot realize infinite potential. That would give rise to even more interesting stories and such.

Reading Hickmans definition again:

There's two limitations.

You cannot be omega if your power type could in theory be surpassed.

So Calibans mutant sensor sucks compared to Cerebro so he could never be in the running.

While Magnetism, reality warping etc in theory have no limits. And this is what is meant by undefinable upper limit. It's not talking about individuals its talking about the power type.

The second difference is while the old definition meant infinite potential of the individual the new definition talks about undefinable upper limit of the power type.

So after you complete the first criteria then you have basically every telepath on the planet in the running.

Now the second criteria is who has registered highest in the category. Now we have Kid Omega and Marvel Girl I tied in first place.

So in fact the definition has nothing to do with humans. And you can humans and aliens stronger then omega level mutants.

The New definition actually puts limits on omega mutants.

The reason manifold is not an omega mutant is because his power type is potentially capped.
    some of this IS applicable to what my boss is currently developing, however with some differences there...

Omega doesn't mean one cant be surpassed. Using telepathy for example, this power wouldnt stand a chance against certain powers, esp the new concepts being introduced. by your logic then someone like Kid Omega or Jean Grey would lose their Omega status, against users of these "new" powers.

Secondly, while one may have undefinable limits to their powers, it doesnt mean its necessarily, fully infinite or even if "infinite" in nature, it couldn't be surpassed.

now I know this isnt canon but these are the ideas on the table of reclassification. thus omega still maintains is position as "mutant with uncappable power", however this does introduce the idea that omega can be surpassed.

Read Hickmans definition and example.

You will never get an omega level morpher or technopath because in theory there is an upper limit.

Magneto reaches the highest level of power is in his power class as is Forge. But the nature of technopathy means Forge can never be omega

The key words are highest and power class suggesting there are more mutants for that power class. What makes Magneto omega is he has demonstrated the most power in that class.

And yes a baby could be born tommorrow and kick him out of that class
    I disagree, that’s not the definition that was given, technopathy could be an omega power if an omega level technopath were to be born, omega level is not a race to the top but a characteristic of the x-gene, in fact magneto is and will always be an omega level mutant.

BANNED

I'm using him as an example he's am obscure mutant. But the point being is that his power set is weather manipulation. He can compete for the title as his power set is undefinable. However Storm registers higher in power then him that is why she is the omega of that power class.

He falls into the same group as her jist like Polaris does to Magneto
    Girl it's not a competition, it's a thing you simply are hence why bobby was stated to be omega without him never knowing it. We have weather manipulators but we have storm whose weather manipulation is essentially limitless in its capabilities. Same goes for iceman and other cryokinetic users out there, Vulcan and other energy manipulators. They simply have unlimited potential I their powers specific classification hence why they are omega. It states again that " and omega is a mutant whose dominant power is deemed to register or reach an UNDEFINABLE upper limit of said power's specific classification." Specific classification means that the mutas potential with weather manipulation is limitless not that weather manipulation is a limitless ability. You can't train to become omega, you can train to be more skillfully yes but no matter what you do you can't and will never surpass the omegas upper limit in thier omega power.

Jesus, like this thing is just straight forward why is it soo hard for some to comprehend it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I disagree, that’s not the definition that was given, technopathy could be an omega power if an omega level technopath were to be born, omega level is not a race to the top but a characteristic of the x-gene, in fact magneto is and will always be an omega level mutant.
    Yes exactly it's an anomaly of sort hence why they occur very sparingly. Omega level mutants are so from birth hence why moira and Charles purposefully gave birth with their partners to get omega level mutants. Because it is a genetic trait unique to that specific mutant not a powerset as a whole. Then by that definition tempus must be omega then since time is also an unlimited ability, what about gold ball production since it was stated that egg can create an unlimited amount of it. Their definition that it's the power that is unlimited and that it's a race to the top is very wrong like I am confounded where in the entire definition was that stated or even implied.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-21-2021 at 07:44 AM.

Yes exactly it's an anomaly of sort hence why they occur very sparingly. Omega level mutants are so from birth hence why moira and Charles purposefully gave birth with their partners to get omega level mutants. Because it is a genetic trait unique to that specific mutant not a powerset as a whole.
    Totally, Hickman has been very straightforward on the matter, this argument is kinda pointless.