Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    It's the English the English it is kinda tricky, unknown and unknowable are as different as undefined and undefinable. Also it's potential you grow into it. You don't just sit there and create galactic storms out of nowhere you have to train expand your abilities think creatively this was best examplified in iceman when Emma took over his body and realized he was omega but he didn't even know himself. If you do not harness it you won't develop it it's as simple as that. An omega is a mutant that has the ability to reach an UNDEFINABLE upper limit of that powers specific classification. Hence the upper limits of there power cannot be defined hence cannot be surpassed. So like I said Quentin is an average telepath psylocke, the cuckoos, Emma, Betsy among others are all better than him in telepathy your as it stand now, but he is omega because his inherent potential and capacity with telepathy has an UNDEFINABLE register. So he is omega just like jean.
    It's not potential its he has according to Xavier demonstrated a higher level of power at one instance then all the other telepaths but Jean. But also according to the definition could be kicked off by another telepath should they register higher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It does not mean the individual has unlimited power. It means the power class in theory has no limit. For example Magnetos power type in theory is unquantifiable but he as an individual has a power limit before he gets exhausted. The reason why he is on the list and not Polaris is because he has registered a higher level of power. By that same definition he could be kicked off it by her should she perform a higher level of power
    Jean and Quentin are both omega telepaths one is currently higher than the other in skill and ability but in terms of sheer power they are equal they are both UNDEFINABLE! That is why jean is training Quentin on how to become better than he currently is. Polaris is a very powerful mutant but if she was ever UNDEFINABLE she would definitely be omega. Do you think magneto doesn't want an omega as his hier? Ofcourse he does but Polaris doesn't have an UNDEFINABLE upper limit to her power over magnetism hence she is not omega. Magneto on the other hand has an UNDEFINABLE upper limit and hence cannot be surpassed in any true meaningful way when it comes to magnetism. That's what it means. If it meant a higher form of power when it comes to it then cosmic beings being present negates the entire list. But that's not the case even cosmic artifacts like the cosmic cube and pheonix avatars are all stated to be omega level wepons or omega class beings. Hulk and sentry are the only human heroes with an omega level classification to their powersets. Because thats what omega mean the final the absolute the end point it's not a who is the strongest in this area it's simply means a mutant or power that is inherently has an UNDEFINABLE upper limit to it's designation.

Polaris power type is undefinable. Magneto has just demonstrated a higher level of power in that class

BANNED

It's not potential its he has according to Xavier demonstrated a higher level of power at one instance then all the other telepaths but Jean. But also according to the definition could be kicked off by another telepath should they register higher
    Then why the f is Quentin on the list along with jean then, I mean he has not one in his entire life done anything close to jean hell Rachel is there and she has telepathy that transcends time. If it were demonstrated power Emma wouldn't have stated that bobby was omega when she possesed him. He was omega die to the practically unlimited potential to his power in its speciality. Hence why he can create sentient life out of ice is immortal due to ice and can literally freeze anything even light. It's because he is practically unlimited in his capacity over ice. Cosmic beings like the beyonder have a strength class of incalculable. Does that mean that someone can come along and be stronger than them.thw only mortal with said designation is hulk and he is classified as an omega level powered charachter. So I really want to understand by your logic how on earth Quentin is omega.

BANNED

Polaris power type is undefinable. Magneto has just demonstrated a higher level of power in that class

So why is Quentin an omega not Rachel please explain that.

Jean and Quentin are both omega telepaths one is currently higher than the other in skill and ability but in terms of sheer power they are equal they are both UNDEFINABLE! That is why jean is training Quentin on how to become better than he currently is. Polaris is a very powerful mutant but if she was ever UNDEFINABLE she would definitely be omega. Do you think magneto doesn't want an omega as his hier? Ofcourse he does but Polaris doesn't have an UNDEFINABLE upper limit to her power over magnetism hence she is not omega. Magneto on the other hand has an UNDEFINABLE upper limit and hence cannot be surpassed in any true meaningful way when it comes to magnetism. That's what it means. If it meant a higher form of power when it comes to it then cosmic beings being present negates the entire list. But that's not the case even cosmic artifacts like the cosmic cube and pheonix avatars are all stated to be omega level wepons or omega class beings. Hulk and sentry are the only human heroes with an omega level classification to their powersets. Because thats what omega mean the final the absolute the end point it's not a who is the strongest in this area it's simply means a mutant or power that is inherently has an UNDEFINABLE upper limit to it's designation.
    So it depends on what Xavier meant by "undefinable" and whether or not his methods of assessing a given mutant's potential is in any way reliable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Magneto couldn't even beat Iron-Man at electromagnetic manipulation and Iceman got killed by being chucked into an oven. Xavier might wish his Omegas had unlimited power, but they have yet to demonstrate their ability to compete on Marvel's cosmic scale.
    Because magneto's omega power isn't electromagnetic manipulation it is magnetism. Those are two different albeit related things magnetism is a subset of electromagnetism. Hence if ironman was able to use em to beat magneto that would make sense. I mean storm dropped him when they last fought with an unfiltered lightning bolt. I mean storm channeled the power of an entire galactic core, Jaime manipulated reality in the white hot room, legion has trapped all reality in a box. Omegas are not UNDEFINABLE because xavier wants them to be they are because they are point blank period. Even outside xavier omega power is recognise by the likes of knull who stated that out of all his avatars on earth which included the likes of thor, hulk, invisible woman, Dr strange....etc storm was his most powerful... So I don't think xavier was tripping when he said omega mutants are that powerful.

BANNED

So it depends on what Xavier meant by "undefinable" and whether or not his methods of assessing a given mutant's potential is in any way reliable.
    He then stated cannot be surpassed by any meaningful measurable fashion. That made the language pretty clear. The shiar have detectors and such that can detect power as high as the pheonix force itself, if they could find an omegas power limit they should be able too and xavier's daughter is their emperor and they are on very good terms with the mutants. But they can't why because they cannot be defined, hence the word UNDEFINABLE.

Extraordinary Member

If they wanted to say unlimited they would have said unlimited. 'Undefinable' was there to be vague so they don't have to specify exactly what each person's limits are. Forge is explicitly stated to not be an omega not because his limits are known, but because those are limits that can be surpassed. Putting a number on Magneto's power like 'over 9,000' would not change his status as an omega. Only it being proven that someone else could control magnetism to a greater extent than he can would it change. Under the current definition, Storm has to be at least on the same level as Thor when it comes to weather manipulation. If she was any weaker than him she couldn't be an omega. But that does not make her able to turn the entire universe into a winter wonderland, which she would be able to do if her power was truly 'limitless.'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    There is no way Magneto's power is limitless. Does anyone seriously think he can manipulate all metal in the universe at once? That is not in any way what the Hickman definition is trying to say and would make the entire point about the powers being able to be surpassed or not superfluous. Jean and Quentin also can't touch every single mind in the universe at once. Storm can't affect the weather on every planet in the universe at once. Iceman can't bring the entire universe to absolute zero. With the possible exception of the reality warpers, every omega-level mutant has limits.
    I think here is where the whole concept of potential is lost on you. If I say you have the potential to be president... I mean it's am attainable goal how attainable well that depends on you and how hard you work towards it. Now if I say you have the potential to control weather on a universal level... And currently all you can do is manipulate weather on a continent at your best it simply means you can achieve it if you work hard enough it's not an impposiblity for you. Unlike others who can't because thier potential doesn't extent as far.
    Now let me bring it to lore iceman was a run of the kill ice charachter who could freeze things and turn into ice, Emma then entered his body and realized that he has immense potential I fact omega potential to his powers turning into steam, unlocking immortality the whole schabang. But that's just it potential after Emma entered his boy he asked storm and Emmafor help and they trained him and now he can freeze nuclear reactors and even light the most energetic particle in the universe soo far. It's because it was there all in his potential he just needed to work to bring it out. The concept of an omega level mutant I Hickman era is not a cosmically powers charachter it's simply a mutant who can reach cosmic heights and even surpass them with their omega power.the power itself has no true limit in its capacity the mutant does hence why magneto when bringing the world bullet and holding together the celestial never once complained about his power reaching its limits but rather his body. I mean can magneto control all metal in the universe nope, his power is magnetism not metal manipulation so not all metals are under his power. But can he manipulate magnetism at a universal level nope because his body has its limits the power doesn't. That's the difference between hickman's omegas vs other era omegas they are practically unlimited in their omega power but their body, mind and general health affects out put of said power. It's kinda like a host to an unlimited power the host gas limits the power doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    If they wanted to say unlimited they would have said unlimited. 'Undefinable' was there to be vague so they don't have to specify exactly what each person's limits are. Forge is explicitly stated to not be an omega not because his limits are known, but because those are limits that can be surpassed. Putting a number on Magneto's power like 'over 9,000' would not change his status as an omega. Only it being proven that someone else could control magnetism to a greater extent than he can would it change. Under the current definition, Storm has to be at least on the same level as Thor when it comes to weather manipulation. If she was any weaker than him she couldn't be an omega. But that does not make her able to turn the entire universe into a winter wonderland, which she would be able to do if her power was truly 'limitless.'
    Yes, it's meant to identify which mutants possess the currently greatest amount of power in a certain category, quite likely so they'll ultimately know which donors to pick for Sinister's chimera breeding project. But as I have a hard time imagining Marvel being cool with a plot where Nazi eugenics save the day, I'd be very surprised if that ended in anything but horrifying failure.

BANNED

Yes, it's meant to identify which mutants possess the currently greatest amount of power in a certain category, quite likely so they'll ultimately know which donors to pick for Sinister's chimera breeding project. But as I have a hard time imagining Marvel being cool with a plot where Nazi eugenics save the day, I'd be very surprised if that ended in anything but horrifying failure.
    First foremost Eden being the most powerful teleporter knull has met In his life not being an omega literally debunks your point, the god was even stunned he wansnt omega stating who could possibly be more than him out there.
    Like guys the definition literally states a mutant whose dominant power is deemed to reach an UNDEFINABLE upper limit. Deemed over here alludes to potential not current ability. Because if it were current ability then Quentin won't be omega at telepathy along with jean, it would xavier, Emma, or Rachel hell sinister is a grater telepath than Quentin as stated by exodus. But it's potential hence why Quentin is one the list over all the telepaths better than him.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-21-2021 at 06:41 AM.

Then why the f is Quentin on the list along with jean then, I mean he has not one in his entire life done anything close to jean hell Rachel is there and she has telepathy that transcends time. If it were demonstrated power Emma wouldn't have stated that bobby was omega when she possesed him. He was omega die to the practically unlimited potential to his power in its speciality. Hence why he can create sentient life out of ice is immortal due to ice and can literally freeze anything even light. It's because he is practically unlimited in his capacity over ice. Cosmic beings like the beyonder have a strength class of incalculable. Does that mean that someone can come along and be stronger than them.thw only mortal with said designation is hulk and he is classified as an omega level powered charachter. So I really want to understand by your logic how on earth Quentin is omega.
    According to Xavier he has. That is why. That is the retconed definition of omega
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-21-2021 at 05:52 AM.

BANNED

According to Xavier he has. That is why. That is the retconed definition of omega
    According Hickman and his future plans for Quentin he is omega hence him in the list. But I am asking you because Emma, xavier, Rachel and the like are all there as powerful if not more powerful sooo far Quentin has not done anything to warrant his omega title so why is he there why is he omega because you stated that if they demonstrate the highest level of their powerset then they are omega. That is not the cannon definition you came up with that. So I want you to justify it or else it is head cannon. And hence should not be touted as facts pertaining to the subject matter.

It is very possible to have limitless power within a limited zone, for instance bobby’s ability to cause negative temperature could be unlimited within the area he is able to influence, however vast the range….let’s say planetary
    To better elaborate we consider an ideal area were the mutant power in quedtion can be manifested at pick conditions with no measurable upper limit, beyond the limits of the area power application may begin to degrade due to the distance factor.
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-21-2021 at 06:29 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”