Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Power levels are, essentially, total arbitrary bullshit. Non-Omegas have accomplished feats on par with real Omegas, because of story convenience. Likewise, when a writer doesn't want an Omega to instantly end the story with their godlike powers (which is essentially all the time) the Omegas become ridiculously weaker for the sake of the story not instantly ending. It's why one second Magneto can be chucking meteors and the next gripe about how nothing can be done about Orchis.

The concept of Mutant Circuits has also made the concept seem even more ridiculous, where non Omegas like Goldballs can accomplish insane feats working together with other mutants.
    My friend says this problem lies in the lack of consistency and sense of consensus for the MU. Its like Jane lifting Mjolnir for no GOOD reason. too many times writers are given carte blanche without realizing the impact of the narrative's cohesion. i wish she was here, she's amazing as a creative mind and a thinker

Vulcan was the only one described as beyond omega when fused with Darwin, Sway and Petra

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Well... according to boss lady, there's such a thing as "beyond unlimited" and her writing will explore what the hell such concept would mean lol
    The only thing that goes beyond omega is the genetically engineered chimeras from one of moira’s lives, a particular generation of chimeras was designed with the ability to have more than one omega power, they lived on mars, sinister breeding pits were located on the red planet, I think sinister purposely made them unstable and they committed mass suicide by singularity.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Darwin should be omega

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The only thing that goes beyond omega is the genetically engineered chimeras from one of moira’s lives, a particular generation of chimeras was designed with the ability to have more than one omega power, they lived on mars, sinister breeding pits were located on the red planet, I think sinister purposely made them unstable and they committed mass suicide by singularity.
    Should we really belief they commited suicide?

First those data pages are allready highly suspicious since they are in universe documents, which means that someone wrote, collected and edited them and someone else is reading them. The reader has never been informed who either of these people are. So any information in them should allready be taken with a grain of salt.

Second, the same story introducing the chimeras also had a whole data page dedicated towards super hive minds, so powerfull they form black holes and exist in them beyond time and space (Dominions). Which raises the question if the 4th gen chimeras really commited suicide or just "evolved" into their own super gestalt.
    Perhaps because they became so powerfull they felt the whole "mutant vs. human" conflict was beneath them (another example of more powerfull beings failing to see the true difference between normal and mutant humans).

Third, there is at least one mutant who is basicly a living black hole and he is a natural mutant. So the idea that these super "multi-X-gene" mutants would simply "die" from a black hole sounds dubious.

So there is a serious possibility that the 4th gen chimeras were a "catastrophic success" and just left everyone behind... or they are still around and manipulating events right now.
    The black hole gods are watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Should we really belief they commited suicide?

First those data pages are allready highly suspicious since they are in universe documents, which means that someone wrote, collected and edited them and someone else is reading them. The reader has never been informed who either of these people are. So any information in them should allready be taken with a grain of salt.

Second, the same story introducing the chimeras also had a whole data page dedicated towards super hive minds, so powerfull they form black holes and exist in them beyond time and space (Dominions). Which raises the question if the 4th gen chimeras really commited suicide or just "evolved" into their own super gestalt.
    Perhaps because they became so powerfull they felt the whole "mutant vs. human" conflict was beneath them (another example of more powerfull beings failing to see the true difference between normal and mutant humans).

Third, there is at least one mutant who is basicly a living black hole and he is a natural mutant. So the idea that these super "multi-X-gene" mutants would simply "die" from a black hole sounds dubious.

So there is a serious possibility that the 4th gen chimeras were a "catastrophic success" and just left everyone behind... or they are still around and manipulating events right now.
    The black hole gods are watching.
    This is all very plausible, who knows if they will ever explore this.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

well she was talking about power wise, there would be exploration of "power" that is "beyond unlimited/limitless" in nature. thats a cool idea and i cant wait to see where it goes. all of us cant.

speaking on "beyond omega mutants" in unncanny X-Men the issue with Matt Malloy, he was described by several as "beyond omega" with power beyond anything Cerebro ever detected, which even included the Phoenix. some have told me that perhaps "beyond omega" could refer to mutants who NATURALLY possess cosmic level potential. there are cosmic mutants that could fit this bill and have even been discussed back in our discussion boards about this new multi-layered narrative.

As for actual "beyond omega mutants" she has an idea for that as well which involves a very, very few select mutants that aren't born of "normal reality", thus would explore the definition of "beyond omega".

I'm still trying to mentally get beyond the difference between Omega and Beyond Omega as they read as the same thing. Isn't unlimited potential the same thing as beyond limitless unless you've already decided for one side they won't reach their potential and the other side will only keep going up from already realized potential.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

I would love to see this explored on Krakoa, to see if a caste system develops (as I’ve said before, do you really think Emma cleans her toilets in the White Palace? Eric? Sinister?).
    And,if not a caste system, what do mutants do if they’re not on a team and don’t want to be a beach bum in a tropical paradise? Can they commute to their family and work in Paris or Hong Kong?
    So much potential.

I assumed Kurt was a gamma, but now I’m not so sure. I’d love to see definite in canon definitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I would love to see this explored on Krakoa, to see if a caste system develops (as I’ve said before, do you really think Emma cleans her toilets in the White Palace? Eric? Sinister?).
    And,if not a caste system, what do mutants do if they’re not on a team and don’t want to be a beach bum in a tropical paradise? Can they commute to their family and work in Paris or Hong Kong?
    So much potential.

I assumed Kurt was a gamma, but now I’m not so sure. I’d love to see definite in canon definitions.
    Sounds like a Gattaca-esque nightmare society, but with the Omaga mutants already forming an elite, I wouldn't be surprised if that's where we're headed, but I expect Kurt to do what he can do find a better way.

BANNED

Hold on, gonna put some pop-corn in the microwave
    I am going to take the cupped soda, some foolishness is about to abound as we can see.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm still trying to mentally get beyond the difference between Omega and Beyond Omega as they read as the same thing. Isn't unlimited potential the same thing as beyond limitless unless you've already decided for one side they won't reach their potential and the other side will only keep going up from already realized potential.
    Like make make sense... They are trying to get beyond infinity classification.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    well she was talking about power wise, there would be exploration of "power" that is "beyond unlimited/limitless" in nature. thats a cool idea and i cant wait to see where it goes. all of us cant.

speaking on "beyond omega mutants" in unncanny X-Men the issue with Matt Malloy, he was described by several as "beyond omega" with power beyond anything Cerebro ever detected, which even included the Phoenix. some have told me that perhaps "beyond omega" could refer to mutants who NATURALLY possess cosmic level potential. there are cosmic mutants that could fit this bill and have even been discussed back in our discussion boards about this new multi-layered narrative.

As for actual "beyond omega mutants" she has an idea for that as well which involves a very, very few select mutants that aren't born of "normal reality", thus would explore the definition of "beyond omega".
    Beyond omega as a concept is very totological.... What is above infinite potential. Like them by that logic the cosmic cubes are not cosmic they are classified omega level wepons so I guess the cosmic there is just for show.

BANNED

Oh yh I thought I saw something on chimeras please which issue I have forgotten. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh yh I thought I saw something on chimeras please which issue I have forgotten. Lol
    Powers of x 1