Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    I'd have thought, and of course I may be way off the mark, that if you're working as closely with Marvel as you appear to be telling us, you could just ask them and they'd no doubt give you anything you want. I mean since you're all so highly regarded and all that.
    Boom...
    Pretty much this

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Another wrong take.
    It’s the same take!
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    See these types of arguments is why power levels are bullshit
    This right here
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I'll be honest I'm here for my boss who is writing a major Marvel narrative right now. she wants to create a sense of consensus and open the doors for broader ideas and stories told. i'm here to get an alternative view from her current following.
    A major Marvel narrative for what media?

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Definition of undefinable

: unable to be defined or precisely described : indefinable

Attachment 110816

There you go. So if you guys are serious you can start from the in canon top classification of mutantdom and work your way down. Undefiniable meaning can not be defined, it's limits will never be known, that is why there can be more than one ala Quentin/Jean.
    Yes. This is it. Complete current definition. Doesn’t make much sense to me and I don’t think the OP’s boss is going to do any better. In my opinion, the concept should be scrapped as it seems clear Hickman is starting with a group of characters and then trying to figure out what they all have in common that no other mutant possesses. It may be an impossible task which is why the above that jWatson posted is so vague.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Seems pretty straight forward….
    It’s not though

OP indicates that this will bring in a lot of new people to Marvel. Going down this line is likely to be very confusing to any potential new fans. Might I suggest staying completely away from the word “Omega” in your boss’ work. The concept you are talking about sounds like it really doesn’t even need that word as a descriptor. So instead of “Beyond Omega” which is likely to cause confusion with existing Marvel fans, as you see in this thread, come up with a term that has nothing to do with current of previous attempts at defining the word “omega” from a Marvel mutant sense. You’re unclear as to what makes these characters different, except to indicate that these characters come from other realities so it’s hard to come up with a definition to help you myself.

Actually, as I look up the word “omega” with google, it doesn’t seem to make any sense even in regards to how Marvel is trying to use it now, or has tried to use it previously. The concept you MAY be looking for may be something like an “Infinte” mutant. But again, I caution you to stay away from the word “omega”. It seems like it will lead you down a dangerous rabbit hole that will cause more confusion than clarity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Actually, as I look up the word “omega” with google, it doesn’t seem to make any sense even in regards to how Marvel is trying to use it now, or has tried to use it previously.
    Marvel doesn't use it to mean 'the weakest of the pack, crapped on by the rest' like werewolf fans.

Similarly, they don't use 'mutant' to mean someone different from their parent's species, or else Lorna, Rachel, Nate, Cable, Siryn, Nightcrawler, the Mastermind sisters, etc. the various marvel mutants who have the exact same powers as (one of) their parents, and therefore aren't 'mutants' so much as strains of a new species sprung off from their mutant parent, wouldn't technically be 'mutants.'

Lots of words have different meanings in comic books. 'Indestructible' or 'unbreakable' for instance means 'something the next event Big Bad will effortlessly break to show off how utterly badass they are' and 'dead' means 'will be back in a few months.'

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    I will get to some of the replies on here later today... HOWEVER... I think we've gotten WAAAAAAY off track with my ORIGINAL question/discussion...

That is, WHERE IS THE MOST CURRENT MUTANT CLASSIFICATION CHART, THAT IS NOT FROM A WIKI?

I need to find where in a handbook or article or SOMETHING that offers what the current Mutant classification ACTUALLY IS. Don't tell me "oh you need to be keeping up with the comics..." no that's NOT an answer. Where IS Marvel's own most recent chart that outlines what the classifications are and HOW the hell they work.

That's ALL I'm trying to learn, PLEASE everyone.
    Other than that Omega Level mutant data page from HoX/PoX, there is no other official mutant classification chart. As far as I know, nothing else has ever been clearly defined in canon comic books. Everything else (like the stuff you quoted concerning alphas, betas, gammas, etc.) is just fan conjecture. This writer you're working for could make up their own stuff as long as it doesn't contradict Hickman's Omega classification.

Honestly, I doubt we'll ever see clearly defined classifications. Mutant powers are too broad and diverse to be classified in just one way.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I reiterate, Dazzler is an Omega. Nobody can do what she does and theirs no limit to her ability.

Default quick reply and expounding on everything

I am super busy and hadnt the time to reply to everyone and I WILL do so when i get the chance.

there are those confused as what the project ITSELF is, and here's what I can reveal...

This is NOT 616 continuity, it's not even actually the MU itself. its in a league of its own, and many even deeming it its own "multiverse". HOWEVER, it's still highly important for TWO REASONS

1. the followers. This project is connected with many, MANY Marvel fans and with many of them having no comic knowledge this project stands to shape a lot of their views of the MU in general, much like the MCU has. thats why I'm hwere trying to learn from more perspectives SO the project will contain elements acurrate to the canon and give ppl the "right" knowledge and expectations.

2. Marvel's OWN personnel have taken interest in my boss.
    I just learned something else today she shared just late last night and i was like, WHOA. she's already an admin for Marvel Studio's private fanclub, more is coming her way, and honestly I see where that's going to go.

The project itself is a massive narrative as an animated series. it takes a LOT of opinion from fans into its story, and its the reason why this narrative has Bucky Barnes... obtaining insane powers, to say the least lol. but there are so many factors I cant get into behind it all, i'm here reaching out for SUGGESTIONS i wanna hear from YOU ALL for good advice, before the plot is EVEN released.

As for the Mutant Classifications, I already passed on the info twho of the members here provided (thanks again) at some point I'll address everyone's replies to me or most relevant to the topic. some point soon i'll share my boss' mutant classification chart once she has a draft done, and hope to get some constructive opinions on it