Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    According Hickman and his future plans for Quentin he is omega hence him in the list. But I am asking you because Emma, xavier, Rachel and the like are all there as powerful if not more powerful sooo far Quentin has not done anything to warrant his omega title so why is he there why is he omega because you stated that if they demonstrate the highest level of their powerset then they are omega. That is not the cannon definition you came up with that. So I want you to justify it or else it is head cannon. And hence should not be touted as facts pertaining to the subject matter.
    Because Quentin has demonstrated a higher level of power then the 3 according to Xavier. You can make the argument in New X-Men for Xavier, Endsong for Emma and WATXM that alpha and Omega mini for Rachel. But in truth its most likely because his whole thing is he's an omega level mutant his codename is Kid omega

But according to Xavier he ties with Jean in terms of registered power level over the others

Extraordinary Member

Quentin does have a number of high-level feats, including holding off an attack by Xavier/Red Skull on the X-Men and willing himself back to life because he was bored with being dead. Even Jean with all her resurrections has never done that.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-queintin-q...oments-marvel/

Beyond omega as a concept is very totological.... What is above infinite potential. Like them by that logic the cosmic cubes are not cosmic they are classified omega level wepons so I guess the cosmic there is just for show.
    I can appreciate what you're saying, but my acquaintance is not an ordinary writer so that's why she's introducing the idea of "beyond infinte" potential and power. just because cosmic cubes are infinite (or nigh-infinite) in power doesnt mean there couldnt be something posssibly beyond their ability. she's proven that to me in a way i cannot really explain unfortunately.

Again the chart is to undergo SOME modifications by her and her entire team. the definition of "beyond omega level" mutants refer to mutants that aren't of "normal reality" so to not give spoilers. Matthew Malloy will be employed as an example of the new definition of "beyond omega level", and there are characters (some new and some upgraded) that will explore what "beyond infinite power" would be and look like.

For now, I'm more looking for a good, basic, structured idea of Mutant Classes so the team can create a solid idea. If you alll want once they do come up with an idea of classification Ill be more than happy to share it for good debate

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm still trying to mentally get beyond the difference between Omega and Beyond Omega as they read as the same thing. Isn't unlimited potential the same thing as beyond limitless unless you've already decided for one side they won't reach their potential and the other side will only keep going up from already realized potential.
    Well... the writer in question explores far out concepts and shes proven to me just how different "omega" and "beyond omega" would be. They definitely are nowhere close to the same. an omega can still possess unlimited potential, but be anything like a "beyond omega". the thing I like most is "beyond omega" doesnt even have to be powers that are potentially cosmic, like using Matt Malloy again who was compared to Phoenix and Dark Phoenix.

i dont know how to explain it without spoilers but the revised version of "beyond omega" opens a lot of new doors for what mutant potential.

my main concern is simply finding out what is the best explained chart of mutant classifications so "the boss" would see much clearer how to structure a more improved class system.

It doesn't matter what QQ has or hasn't done yet because Omega is an upper limit, not a current level of capability.

Xavier labeled Jean as an Omega level mutants when she was like 16/17 and just had her TP unblocked...he didn't self-designate himself as Omega level despite the obvious chasm in power and skill between them at the time. Xavier was "the world's most powerful telepath" for years and years, but he always knew Jean could, and most likely would (and did), surpass him.

As for Jean and Quentin themselves, IMO I think they specialize in different aspects of telepathy. In computing terms, I think QQ is processing speed...and Jean is storage capacity/compression

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Quentin does have a number of high-level feats, including holding off an attack by Xavier/Red Skull on the X-Men and willing himself back to life because he was bored with being dead. Even Jean with all her resurrections has never done that.

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-queintin-q...oments-marvel/
    Yh but none which comes close to other telepaths like Emma, Rachel like Rachel has telepathy soo strong it transcends time and space itself. How is that overlooked because she literally demonstrated this power in xfactor 1. What has Quentin done that has surpassed that cause I know jean can channel psychic energy through her telepathy to unprecedented levels to amp up her tk to fight. She also has casual planetary feats like conducting a global election of the xmen without effort.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    It doesn't matter what QQ has or hasn't done yet because Omega is an upper limit, not a current level of capability.

Xavier labeled Jean as an Omega level mutants when she was like 16/17 and just had her TP unblocked...he didn't self-designate himself as Omega level despite the obvious chasm in power and skill between them at the time. Xavier was "the world's most powerful telepath" for years and years, but he always knew Jean could, and most likely would (and did), surpass him.

As for Jean and Quentin themselves, IMO I think they specialize in different aspects of telepathy. In computing terms, I think QQ is processing speed...and Jean is storage capacity/compression
    EXACTLY! ITS POTENTIAL POWER! That's literally why it is deemed to register or reach an UNDEFINABLE upper limit. Deemed alludes potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Bad Bad Bad WTF.... Rogue is in control now . Tks.

Rogue for now is Alpha . With Omega potential
    Um... why did you quote me for this statement?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Because Quentin has demonstrated a higher level of power then the 3 according to Xavier. You can make the argument in New X-Men for Xavier, Endsong for Emma and WATXM that alpha and Omega mini for Rachel. But in truth its most likely because his whole thing is he's an omega level mutant his codename is Kid omega

But according to Xavier he ties with Jean in terms of registered power level over the others
    His whole thing isn't being an omega level mutant his whole thing is that he is insolent and a brat, in this era that is catching up to him. Rachel being jeans daughter has always been defacto omega. And he hasn't demonstrated greater power than Rachel whom had read the minds of every single human being on earth at once. If it's power demonstration he definitely is not omega. But if it's potential he is hence why he is on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post

That's the old definition not the new one.

EXACTLY! ITS POTENTIAL POWER! That's literally why it is deemed to register or reach an UNDEFINABLE upper limit. Deemed alludes potential.
    Of course, that’s how I understood it as well
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

His whole thing isn't being an omega level mutant his whole thing is that he is insolent and a brat, in this era that is catching up to him. Rachel being jeans daughter has always been defacto omega. And he hasn't demonstrated greater power than Rachel whom had read the minds of every single human being on earth at once. If it's power demonstration he definitely is not omega. But if it's potential he is hence why he is on the list.
    It's not potential in the new definition otherwise it would say it. It says exactly what it is in the definition.

The nature of the power is what has to be undefinable not the individual

Typhoon powerset (Weather manipulation) is also undefinable but Storm has registered higher in terms of feats
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-21-2021 at 06:53 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Well... the writer in question explores far out concepts and shes proven to me just how different "omega" and "beyond omega" would be. They definitely are nowhere close to the same. an omega can still possess unlimited potential, but be anything like a "beyond omega". the thing I like most is "beyond omega" doesnt even have to be powers that are potentially cosmic, like using Matt Malloy again who was compared to Phoenix and Dark Phoenix.

i dont know how to explain it without spoilers but the revised version of "beyond omega" opens a lot of new doors for what mutant potential.

my main concern is simply finding out what is the best explained chart of mutant classifications so "the boss" would see much clearer how to structure a more improved class system.
    Exactly why Hickman threw that thing out. I mean Matthew doesn't deserve to be erased but his presence in the story was redundancy at its best. I mean he has more power than the pheonix force? Seriously the single manifestation of all life including Matthew is less powerful than Matthew? Like make this thing make sense. There are stupidly op charachters then there is just plain stupidity beyond omega falls in that category. I mean that's like saying beyond infinity. Only true omnipotence void and free of all contradictions is beyond infinity. And only the one above all. Is in that level hence why even the cosmic cubes which have power form the beyonders dimension are designated omega not beyond omega. Like legion with his 200 omega personalities would be beyond omega...but he isn't why because beyond omega is literally a paradox of paradoxes.
    I apologize if I seemed a little harsh just that the concept really messes with me lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It's not potential in the new definition otherwise it would say it. It says exactly what it is in the definition.

The nature of the power is what has to be undefinable not the individual

Typhoon powerset (Weather manipulation) is also undefinable but Storm has registered higher in terms of feats
    Really? Please where was it stated that typhoon has an undefinable upper limit to his power. i want the panel Stating this, also wasn't it at his peak that he got the power to control the weather?
    Last edited by dirtynun; 06-21-2021 at 07:02 AM.

Really? Please where was it stated that typhoon has an undefinable upper limit to his power.i want the panel to demonstrate this.
    His power is weather manipulation unlike technopathy it has an undefinable limit. Hence why Storm can be considered for the list as she is a weather manipulator.

The Indian mutant with weather manipulation powers not the marauder
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 06-21-2021 at 07:02 AM.