Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm not saying Darkseid is some sort of Superman level speedster or anything. But again, that's not actually blitzing. Clark did the same thing to Wonder Woman and she's not someone Clark can outright blitz. It's just overpowering someone and then using ridiculous travel speed.

It's like people using the Sentry bullrushing Thor to another planet thing as a reflex feat for Thor. Reflexes don't enter into it.
    It's more the whole Darkseid doing jack while it happens, all the way to the sun. And while one could say instead that was because the dude was overpowered then, Wonder Woman style, that's basically doing a trade of things for what Darkseid looks worse in there. Granted that overall sequence is pretty woeful for the dude anyway.

Basically either Darkseid is not fast enough to take action during said travel time ram, or he was just straight up overpowered. I refer more to the former as far as noting it not saying anything great for him speedwise.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 09-07-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    It's more the whole Darkseid doing jack while it happens, all the way to the sun. And while one could say instead that was because the dude was overpowered then, Wonder Woman style, that's basically doing a trade of things for what Darkseid looks worse in there. Granted that overall sequence is pretty woeful for the dude anyway.

Basically either Darkseid is not fast enough to take action during said travel time ram, or he was just straight up overpowered. I refer more to the former as far as noting it not saying anything great for him speedwise.
    Either way, it's not a great showing for Darkseid, yes. Although it did sort of look like that was one of those showings where Darkseid can't actually fly, which probably didn't help him much there.

Also, to clarify, I'm not arguing that Superman CAN'T blitz Darkseid, going by feats, just that he hasn't in comics. Darkseid does have the odd speed feat over the years, but he's not consistently any sort of speedster. By contrast, there have been oodles of Superman villains that he normally doesn't blitz, but every now and then he does. Mongul, Lobo, Equus, Doomsday (Although Doomsday was depowered that time), Braniac, Metallo, etc.

Matt The Manly, do not post on this thread again for making references to Superman after explicit instruction not to do so.

Explicit moderator note that just because a mod notes that someone is distorting a feat does not mean the feat itself is ruled valid.