Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think the DCEU is done as we know it. Affleck isn't coming back. Fisher isn't welcome back. Cavill isn't going to have much to come back to even if they can get him back. There certainly won't be another JL movie. I think the Pattinson Batman is them signaling they are moving on. Gadot might get one more movie. Ditto Momoa but I don't see anything else taking place in that particular universe going forward. It certainly won't be the MCU in the way they hoped. Miller's Flash might even be moved to another universe. Though that's just over speculation on my part. The SS movies can take place wherever they want. Keaton is no spring chicken. So I can't imagine he's got a decade's worth of Batman movies in him. Even if they did use him to replace Affleck.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think the DCEU is done as we know it. Affleck isn't coming back. Fisher isn't welcome back. Cavill isn't going to have much to come back to even if they can get him back. There certainly won't be another JL movie. I think the Pattinson Batman is them signaling they are moving on. Gadot might get one more movie. Ditto Momoa but I don't see anything else taking place in that particular universe going forward. It certainly won't be the MCU in the way they hoped. Miller's Flash might even be moved to another universe. Though that's just over speculation on my part. The SS movies can take place wherever they want. Keaton is no spring chicken. So I can't imagine he's got a decade's worth of Batman movies in him. Even if they did use him to replace Affleck.
    Yeah the DCEU is just so randomly fragmented I have no idea what things will look like a year from now, not even considering long term plans.

I mean Flash is doing crazy multiverse stuff we can only guess, Aquaman and Wonder Woman are getting more sequels that will no doubt continue to ignore Justice League, a whole new Batman and Superman, Shazam is going strong, Black Adam and Suicide Squad feel like separate entities, no idea what's happening with Hourman, and let's not forget all those HBO max movies like Batgirl, Blue Beetle, and Zatanna.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

I'm not saying Christopher Reeve's superman is a co-star, but I think it would be possible for him to show up for a minute or 2 and be supergirl's father. If there is a reboot, I would have liked superboy prime, a pissed-off fan who decides to go to the cinematic universe to beat up those who don't like it, and then reboot it.

Sasha Supergirl’s “dad” being Chris Reeve would be hilarious, the salt that would erupt from Cavill getting replaced by the daughter of Reeve would be amazing. But I’m still assuming they plan to just swap Cavill Kal for Sasha Kara. They might be taking elements from other Supergirls such as Lara, but that’s no different from how Barry has swiped stuff from Wally. For now I’m assuming they’re going with a take on the most popular Supergirl.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

I thought that Bale would make more sense as Batman, but I suppose Keaton might be more iconic as some other people said here.
    Keaton is not more iconic than Bale.

Keaton is most likely up there due to: 1. being the first iconic film Batman or 2. Because he's going to be in The Flash movie.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I honestly think people are reading too much into it. They are simply the two most iconic live action versions of those perspective characters. I don't think it was meant as a slight against either Cavill or Affleck, or even Robert Pattinson or Tyler Hoechlin for that matter. I mean,the exhibit inside still has suits and props etc from all of the films,including the Snyderverse.

Chris' Superman is for all intents and purposes the touchstone that begat the comic book movie,and Keaton's Batman redefined that particular character's place in pop culture and became the template all the following movie Batman, Bale and Affleck included has more or less followed. They are still the DCEU's "founding fathers" with both Gal's Wonder Woman and Jason's Aquaman being the faces of the DCEU today. A little of the past and the present/future.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 06-22-2021 at 05:50 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

BANNED

A Christopher reeves Superman cameo would be amazing...especially if weta does the CGI face

They could’ve used Shazam instead of Superman. I’d rather done that and then maybe change it once the new Superman film comes out. Using Reeve is just weird. As someone who didn’t grow up with those films, I just can’t grasp that a more modern image couldn’t have been used. If they’re not going to use Cavill, then there is no Superman right now. Play up Shazam and hopefully the new film makes a big splash.

It's a studio tour banner. That means they'll be talking about the history of their characters. And, historically, those are the benchmarks then-to-now in cinema for those heroes. It's not like they're making Harry Potter movies with that cast anymore.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    Keaton is not more iconic than Bale.

Keaton is most likely up there due to: 1. being the first iconic film Batman or 2. Because he's going to be in The Flash movie.
    He isn’t more iconic than bale...but he is almost certainly the only usable iconic Batman

Christian bale will never come back, even if you gave him a pile of money and made his Batman the center of the dc franchise

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Those were series and didn't have feature films.did they?
    They were theatrical serials, so I'd count them vs a series on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    He isn’t more iconic than bale...but he is almost certainly the only usable iconic Batman

Christian bale will never come back, even if you gave him a pile of money and made his Batman the center of the dc franchise
    I don't know about the first part of that... I think Keaton is more iconic than Bale.

With Bale, it's the movies, not necessarily him (he's solid and did a great job, but not necessarily iconic). I'd argue that Heath Ledger is the most iconic thing about Bale's franchise, whereas Keaton (and Nicholson) are iconic.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Can someone explain why folks are debating the significance of a studio tour banner?

Astonishing Member

I don't think there's a need to read too much into it. It is, as manofsteel1979 said, a mix of the past and future. On the Harry Potter side, you've got the iconic trio from the original movies, and you've got Eddie Redmayne to represent the current Fantastic Beasts movies. Likewise, for DC, you've got Margot, Gal and Momoa representing the 'present' of the DCEU, and you've got Keaton and Reeve representing the past from classic films.

That said, if Affleck and Cavill were the incumbent Batman and Superman, there's a pretty good chance they would have gone with them. If Pattison's movie had been out, he'd have been up there. Instead, they went with Keaton because he's the first Batman of the big-screen (and also because he's scheduled to make a comeback next year) and Reeve because...well, let's face it, the Superman franchise has never really been able to get past the Donner movie, for better or for worse.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    Can someone explain why folks are debating the significance of a studio tour banner?
    Because people believe it automatically means that both Cavill and Affleck are being erased/ignored/disrespected by Warners and DC.

We have to keep in mind that with Affleck, it was his decision to leave the franchise behind. True,the events of Justice League's troubled production may have hastened his decision to quit, but it seems more due to the fact he quit to get his life in order and being the defacto face of the DCEU franchise wasn't really a good fit for him,especially after it became clear the directorial vision and limited arc he signed up for was no longer being pursued. Warners probably were more than fine with Ben Affleck being Batman for the next several years yet. He wasn't fired. He quit. Frankly I was shocked he came back for Flash and even the Snyder cut reshoots.

With Cavill...its just unclear. I think WB likes him in the role of Superman. I think he likes being Superman and if given the right circumstances he'd be content on playing him for several more movies yet. However the empasse seems to be over how WB wants to use Superman and Cavill wanting more money and increased creative input. For whatever reason neither party is willing to budge,and thus Cavill is, and will likely to remain,in a strange limbo.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.