Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    I think it is due to 3 reasons.
    1: make it clear who is staying and who is leaving.
    2: they are the most iconic versions.
    3: a clue of the future, we will see the classic superman in the flash movie.
    There have been some rumors that Routh may cameo in Flash but nothing concrete just yet. Might get a glimpse of Reeve from old stock footage as Barry travels through the Multiverse, it’s possible.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I think you guys are reading WAY too much into this. Reeve and Keaton are the first movie Superman and Batman. Gadot and Momoa are the first movie WW and Aquaman. And Robbie is just hot. We can't go thinking every picture they post is some sort of secret message or something. Besides, it's not like they can get Reeves back.
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think you guys are reading WAY too much into this. Reeve and Keaton are the first movie Superman and Batman. Gadot and Momoa are the first movie WW and Aquaman. And Robbie is just hot. We can't go thinking every picture they post is some sort of secret message or something. Besides, it's not like they can get Reeves back.
    They are?i thought it was George reeves and adam west??
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

It sucks that WB hasn’t been able to do anything else “iconic” with Superman since 1978. Superman Returns was basically just a revamp of Superman 78 and also a totally failure. Now Cavill Superman and his era are getting buried. I hope the reboot is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm genuinely surprised they're not using Pattinson's Batman.
    Probably because they want to hedge their bets - his movie's not even out yet, his Batman isn't popular or iconic yet because no one's seen it outside of last year's teaser trailer. After the movie's released (inevitably to much fanfare) I would expect them to add his image everywhere, but now is just a year too early. Plus it kind of makes sense to use Keaton since he's the DCEU guy now.

More surprised they didn't use Bale for Batman honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    They are?i thought it was George reeves and adam west??
    I think you mean Kirk Alyn and Lewis Wilson.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Definitely an odd choice. I understand them hyping their biggest IP brands, but you’d imagine they’d stick with the modern/recent iterations. HP & FB makes sense, but no representation of LOTR or the Hobbit? WW and Aquaman are a given. I’m more surprised WB is all in on making Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn “happen”. When Joker eclipses her in every respect at the moment in pop culture.

As for Reeve and Keaton, my guess is appealing to nostalgia. Considering there are no big, you can’t miss them announcements outside of CB fans and media pundits, that Keaton will be reprising Batman in the Flash.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-20-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    It sucks that WB hasn’t been able to do anything else “iconic” with Superman since 1978. Superman Returns was basically just a revamp of Superman 78 and also a totally failure. Now Cavill Superman and his era are getting buried. I hope the reboot is good.
    Superman Returns actually wasn't a total failure - it did well, it just didn't live up to the hyped expectations of the WB execs. But it made a respectable showing at the BO. The belief that it bombed is a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    More surprised they didn't use Bale for Batman honestly.
    I think it's telling that except for Superman all the other heroes are the DCEU versions - including Keaton who's replacing Affleck. They haven't figured out what they want to do with a DCEU Superman yet, they haven't re-casted, but as much as some here don't want to admit it I think it's clear that WB doesn't want to bring Cavill back. If you're not going to use Cavill you kind of need to fall back on Reeve or just not include a Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I’m more surprised WB is all in on making Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn “happen”. When Joker eclipses her in every respect at the moment in pop culture.
    I don't think WB is trying to make Harley "happen" - I think they're putting her everywhere because she's already happened. True she's not on the same level as Joker, but she's not far behind. But I can understand why they would choose her over Joker for this - outside of Superman these are the DCEU heroes (again, Keaton's in Affleck's going out) and Leto is not the version of Joker anyone wants, having another woman besides Gadot's WW adds more representation than another man (shame Mamoa is the only POC up there, but Fisher is non gratis so Cyborg's done), and these are focused on the heroic characters (yes we know HQ is not heroic, but clearly the WB heads disagree with reality and common sense).

As for Reeve and Keaton, my guess is appealing to nostalgia. Considering there are no big/you can’t miss them announcements outside of CB fans and media pundits, that Keaton will be reprising Batman in the Flash.
    Actually I don't think it's just nostalgia - I think Keaton's there because he is going to be the "main universe/DCEU" Batman going forward. This is all the DCEU versions except Superman - they don't have a DCEU Superman anymore because they know they don't want Cavill back.

Is it wrong that I wish they'd used Hoechlin ?

Just so long as they used Adam West for Batman.

Yes - Dean Cain is still clearly the benchmark.

Our time will come Frontier

But I’m not sure if Hoechlin being CW rather than WB “proper” affects how they view him. Still would love to see him up there!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think it's telling that except for Superman all the other heroes are the DCEU versions - including Keaton who's replacing Affleck.
    Its not like we have some alternatives for Aquaman or Harley who are not in DCEU. Same for Gal really.

I thought that Bale would make more sense as Batman, but I suppose Keaton might be more iconic as some other people said here.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think you mean Kirk Alyn and Lewis Wilson.
    Those were series and didn't have feature films.did they?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"