Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Superman the weakest Kryptonian?

Zod is the same as Superman, but is better trained.
    H'El is much more powerful.
    Jon is more powerful.
    Kara has said that she is or will be more powerful.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

There's still the whole Kandorians who never see Earth's sun until the bottle breaks so he shouldn't be the weakest.

Extraordinary Member

I would take proclamations as to who is more powerful than Superman among other Kryptonians with a grain of salt. After all, at the end of the day, Superman himself if DC's go-to character, (not counting Batman), NOT any of them. And sure enough, a few years after something like that, say Batman saying that Supergirl is more powerful than Superman, DC backs off and says, "Never mind". This will happen again. Pretty much any time a writer and editor think another Kryptonian character needs a boost, and are too lazy or too uncreative to think of a better way, they just say, "oh, he or she is so much more powerful/better/more skilled than Superman. Then, later, when they sober up, they realize what they did and quietly, presumably with a very ashamed face, correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Zod is the same as Superman, but is better trained.
    H'El is much more powerful.
    Jon is more powerful.
    Kara has said that she is or will be more powerful.
    Kara being more powerful was disproven and Superman defeats Zod far more often than he loses to him.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-04-2021 at 11:14 PM.

Astonishing Member

Modern writers can't actually write very well and don't really even understand why Superman's powers went through the roof in the first place. Superman's powerlevels went up because the writers over the years wanted to take his stories in a different direction. The writers for the other characters are just desperate for the title of being more powerful than Superman but at the end of the day they never put in the proper leg work to get anyone to even care about how powerful they are and everyone just forgets again and it defaults back to Supes in the end.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Astonishing Member

Now that I think about it has any other character gone through all the powercuts Superman has so the writers could figure out what to do with the character.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Now that I think about it has any other character gone through all the powercuts Superman has so the writers could figure out what to do with the character.
    It's a specialty of Power Girl, but in her case, it's simply contempt for the character on the part of writers and editors. It's just all part of the more general thing for SM or PG for that matter of having them job for other characters....so it's more that they can't figure out what to do with those characters, not SM.

Does WW job that much these days? She didn't do any of that when I was reading her.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-04-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Does WW job that much these days? She didn't do any of that when I was reading her.
    She certainly jobbed in both cuts of the JL movie. The power gap between her and Superman should never be anywhere near that big.

Comics wise I don't think she's jobbed lately, but there have been plenty of complaints that she isn't displaying a lot of power since the New 52 and Rebirth. Some of the complaints have merit, but a lot are overblown IMO.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    She certainly jobbed in both cuts of the JL movie. The power gap between her and Superman should never be anywhere near that big.

Comics wise I don't think she's jobbed lately, but there have been plenty of complaints that she isn't displaying a lot of power since the New 52 and Rebirth. Some of the complaints have merit, but a lot are overblown IMO.
    I was not counting the movies or animation. Just the books.

What I just can't understand is making Jon more powerful than Clark. How can a half blooded Kryptonian become more powerful than a full blooded Kryptonian? Especially if they both live on Earth?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I was not counting the movies or animation. Just the books.
    Aside from a not great showing here and there, the only outright jobbing Wonder Woman's done in comics recently--that I can recall--would be DCeased where she got one-punched by Superman and then Mary Marvel crushed her when she was a zombie.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Pre-52, Kara was an honorary Amazon so she definitely would've been better trained than Supes overall.

So i wouldn't say that Kal-El is the WEAKEST, just that he is the least trained outside of his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Pre-52, Kara was an honorary Amazon so she definitely would've been better trained than Supes overall.

So i wouldn't say that Kal-El is the WEAKEST, just that he is the least trained outside of his powers.
    And even then some iterations of Kal-El actually do have enough combat training that you'd need to be a professional soldier like Dru-Zod to have an edge there. Also Superman is a Kryptonian who is, by Kryptonian standards, highly athletic.

BANNED

I have read the comments, I understand what you mean, but it does not take away the fact that if we talk about important Kryptonians, Superman is the weakest, the least skilled, the least intelligent, it seems that the landing of the ship caused some damage to the baby Kal El.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Zone View Post
    What I just can't understand is making Jon more powerful than Clark. How can a half blooded Kryptonian become more powerful than a full blooded Kryptonian? Especially if they both live on Earth?

I have to agree 100% . There's no way that Jon a 50% Kryptonian is more powerful than his father.
    If anything Kal -El having spent 99% of his life under Earth's yellow sun, he should be the most powerful Kryptonian bar none.