Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
In my opinion,the infinite stupidity of that whole situation was their attempt to Frankenstein Justice League the way they did with Whedon instead of either replacing Snyder before principal photography got too deep or letting Snyder finish his cut and just putting it out there. If they had done either, JL would have either done well or not and it wouldn't be this albatross around WB's neck.

Given that Snyder's cut was actually a far superior film compared to the hacked together one Whedon put out,I'd say Snyder's fans and DC fans in general should be a little pissed off and questioning the company's ability to make sound decisions. I'm glad the Snyder cut came out and it actually warms my heart that it's causing WB headaches, as well as it should.

After all,instead of making a Superman trilogy and building to JL like they should have,they rushed things and then expected Snyder to do all that universe building heavy lifting in two 2 hour films. They are the ones who wanted what Snyder was doing until they decided they didn't . instead of admitting their mistake and doing the right thing (again,either removing Snyder from JL before too much footage was shot or just letting him finish the movie) they were cowardly and greedy and it bit them in the ass. It warms my heart honestly. It should be a teachable moment ...but it probably won't change the culture within the company sadly.They are still just throwing shit against the wall and hoping something sticks.
Oh it doesn’t bother me at all that WB now has to lie in the bed they’ve made, but it was stupid of them to release the Cut because I guess people liked it. They thought it was good, and so now they want more. Which they aren’t getting and instead WB expects them to go support another new take, one which is replacing Cavill and blocking his chance of returning and getting another shot at a solo (in their minds). Affleck at the very least is willing to hand off the cowl and exit gracefully but Cavill isn’t, and that’s going to overshadow what’s to come (not to mention the feud with Fisher). I have no clue what their expectations are for this coming reboot, but it was idiotic either way to bring back the old guy in a big way a scant few years before you try to launch yet another new take, one guaranteed to be controversial.

But I’ve more or less given up any hope on getting a Superman film I like. The post Snyder plans aren’t as offensive to me as his were, but they aren’t good either. Other than The Suicide Squad, Shazam 2, and The Batman I don’t feel much interest in what’s to come from the films.
Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
Not to mention Cavill would have still been fresh in people's minds, Snyder cut or no, since he was the last person to play Superman on film.
2017 would’ve been a lot further away if this new reboot hits in 2023 or 2024 than the reboot hitting a scant 2 to 3 years after Cavill’s last appearance. Not that there wouldn’t have been backlash either way though.