Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Harry being an evil AI.
    LOL, I guess that's the ultimate shenanigan

I mean stuff outside of fights and tights; I feel like there is so little of it nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    LOL, I guess that's the ultimate shenanigan

I mean stuff outside of fights and tights; I feel like there is so little of it nowadays.
    They kill his cast much Ned Leeds dead Harry dead gwen dead flash dead anyone that is new just doesn’t last now granted some of those I just named just came back at least Betty is still around

This run is a disaster in terms of pacing, art, and basic storytelling at times. It has no interest in innovating with the character, and Spencer's scripting talents suffer when he's so rushed. But the actual ideas that are here are fine to cool so hopefully now that he's done working for the Rats he can go on a podcast and explain how badly editorial fucked him over and why he left the book like Tom King when he got cucked during Batman.

4/10, C+, Stick to the Slott and give the book to Jed McKay
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This run is a disaster in terms of pacing, art, and basic storytelling at times. It has no interest in innovating with the character, and Spencer's scripting talents suffer when he's so rushed. But the actual ideas that are here are fine to cool so hopefully now that he's done working for the Rats he can go on a podcast and explain how badly editorial fucked him over and why he left the book like Tom King when he got cucked during Batman.

4/10, C+, Stick to the Slott and give the book to Jed McKay
    Aww yeahhh that would be so good

Spider-Man's old supporting cast dying off is fine as long as they're not all dead and new, diverse characters are introduced to have stories about instead. Slott tried.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spider-Man's old supporting cast dying off is fine as long as they're not all dead and new, diverse characters are introduced to have stories about instead. Slott tried.
    I really liked Slott's supporting cast a lot of them were really fun.

Extraordinary Member

See the thing is Slott ruined the old cast, he didn't retire them from ASM w/ respect.That's not okay.
    And which new ones were good?Most of them were bad or mediocre at best IIRC

Depending on the ending, it's a B+ or C.
    I would love to give him an A, but Last Remains and convoluted story with Twins prevents me from doing that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I really liked Slott's supporting cast a lot of them were really fun.
    Really? Like who? The only memorable ones would be Anna Maria Marconi and maybe Max Modell. They were fine… not exactly JJJ or Harry Osborn tier. And the rest ranged from average to awful (Sajani, Lian Tang, Alpha to name just a few).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Really? Like who? The only memorable ones would be Anna Maria Marconi and maybe Max Modell. They were fine… not exactly JJJ or Harry Osborn tier. And the rest ranged from average to awful (Sajani, Lian Tang, Alpha to name just a few).
    The only supporting cast introduced by BND that's endured is Norah Winters.

Extraordinary Member

And barely at that, she's like the one chick from superman comics who once was hitting on him and Clark made a surgery joke.

Astonishing Member

Carlie Cooper is still appearing, especially recently.

I'm not a fan of her's, but she is.

BANNED

Carlie Cooper is still appearing, especially recently.

I'm not a fan of her's, but she is.
    By endured I mean featuring in several different comics and appearing more consistently. Carlie for instance dropped out of Spider-Man after Superior and was a no-show until Spencer reintroduced her, and even after Spencer has featured her only sporadically.

Norah Winters for instance appeared in BND and Slott's run, and then in DeConnick-Rios' OSBORN, Greg Rucka's Punisher, and then returned in Spencer's run again.

I liked Anna Maria up until she started being depicted as being smarter and having to lecture Peter like most Slott supporting characters did.

My favorite use of Modell was in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where he was this well-intentioned guy who somehow kept screwing Peter over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    And barely at that, she's like the one chick from superman comics who once was hitting on him and Clark made a surgery joke.
    Cat Grant?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I liked Anna Maria up until she started being depicted as being smarter and having to lecture Peter like most Slott supporting characters did.

My favorite use of Modell was in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon where he was this well-intentioned guy who somehow kept screwing Peter over.

Cat Grant?
    Agreed.Anna was good but Slott messed her up.Every female character was a moral high ground type Mary Sue from Anna and Silk to Bobbi.

Modell was chill.I liked his character.That and MJ was a perfect modern MJ, if they thought the bombshell redhead was too much.

Yeah, thanks.They changes her a lot in the Supergirl show IIRC so I get confused.