Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I need to see how things end before forming an opinion.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree this is the run that could have been, but as I have said before where is the blame on Nick Spencer? He should have finished this story two years ago. I am afraid we will get stuck with a hot mess like Sins Past not being erased by JMS ( as he originally planned): Spencer being aware of this has less of an excuse then JMS did. What is really frightening to me is history repeating itself. JMS leaving and a bunch of writers take over ( OMD followed by BND). Here it is Kindred followed by the Beyond team. You would think people would have learned from history? But unfortunately NOT.
    He only started the run in 2018. He couldn’t have done it all on one year. I think he’s paced it decently up until Kings Ransom

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think this run will forever be known as the run that could’ve been. Editorial strikes again, I fear.
    Spencer should have mix things up by bringing in the Morlocks for a story arc that could have tied in well with The Kindred. Nick Lowe was X-Editor. I can't see why he couldn't bring in a few of the unused X-Characters into Spider-Man's world like The Goblin Queen, The Morlocks, and The Hellfire Club. That would had made the stories interesting, as well as making Julia Carpenter and Jessica Drew reoccurring allies in place of Black Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Spencer should have mix things up by bringing in the Morlocks for a story arc that could have tied in well with The Kindred. Nick Lowe was X-Editor. I can't see why he couldn't bring in a few of the unused X-Characters into Spider-Man's world like The Goblin Queen, The Morlocks, and The Hellfire Club. That would had made the stories interesting, as well as making Julia Carpenter and Jessica Drew reoccurring allies in place of Black Cat.
    I can't see how these characters could make stories more interesting, let them thrive in X-Men comics. Julia and Jessica could be nice, but I can't really place them in any story that doesn't scream "Hey, we are SPIDER related ya know! Totem hocus web of destiny pocus time!"

I think it's good he used things back from Spider-Man's lore.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I can't see how these characters could make stories more interesting, let them thrive in X-Men comics. Julia and Jessica could be nice, but I can't really place them in any story that doesn't scream "Hey, we are SPIDER related ya know! Totem hocus web of destiny pocus time!"

Julia I like, she should definitely be in Peter stories as the cryptic yet caring clarivoyant.
    Rest should be just team-ups

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post

The problem is that characters who are limited to the books they appear are limited to that department. The idea is to make deals with the respective editorial department to use each other's characters for a story arc. No character should be stuck to that title series exclusively. The best marketing is to place them in other editorial department books as a way of exposing the characters to readers who would not have read the X-Men(for example). This is also another way of growing the character if their respective department are not using them.

Regarding the Morlocks, I could see characters like Morbius and The Lizard become members of their community. The Hellfire Club, I could see Morlun and The Inheritors as members. It's not far fetch to see The Goblin Queen(Madelyne Pryor) and Norman Osborn working together..
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 09-07-2021 at 08:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Julia I like, she should definitely be in Peter stories as the cryptic yet caring clarivoyant.
    Rest should be just team-ups
    Jessica and Black Widow could fit into Peter world as well because there are a lot of story potential that would work best with them than, say Black Cat. The Spider-readers could migrate to the Black Widow and Spider-Woman titled books as it would be a bridge towards their respective adventures as well. It works for Daredevil and Dr. Strange who occasionally appear in the pages of Spider-Man. The same can apply towards Black Widow and Jessica Drew as well, since they should have been mainstays in the world of Spider-Man since the 1970's...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jessica and Black Widow could fit into Peter world as well because there are a lot of story potential that would work best with them than, say Black Cat. The Spider-readers could migrate to the Black Widow and Spider-Woman titled books as it would be a bridge towards their respective adventures as well. It works for Daredevil and Dr. Strange who occasionally appear in the pages of Spider-Man. The same can apply towards Black Widow and Jessica Drew as well, since they should have been mainstays in the world of Spider-Man since the 1970's...
    Ehhh.
    Black Widow should get gear from parker at Horizon.And Spider-man can reach out to her for Spy work.Mainstay is too much, maybe occasional guest stars.Also because Black usually plays a role in breaking in stuff.
    I don't much care about Jessica Drew team-ups.Keep them at a minimum for ASM, you can use Peter in her book to boost her sales.

The one character who needs to be a mainstay ally of Spidey in ASM is Sable.

Sable and black cat should be mainstays imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Ehhh.
    Black Widow should get gear from parker at Horizon.And Spider-man can reach out to her for Spy work.Mainstay is too much, maybe occasional guest stars.Also because Black usually plays a role in breaking in stuff.
    I don't much care about Jessica Drew team-ups.Keep them at a minimum for ASM, you can use Peter in her book to boost her sales.

The one character who needs to be a mainstay ally of Spidey in ASM is Sable.

Sable and black cat should be mainstays imo.
    Seconded. Sable and Cat make Black Widow feel a bit redundant in Peter Parker's world. I do like Natasha, but ever since the movies, she has been kind of everywhere anyways. I am a little burnt out on the character, whereas Silver Sable's more sporadic guest appearances make her inclusion in stories more welcome (imo).
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Seconded. Sable and Cat make Black Widow feel a bit redundant in Peter Parker's world. I do like Natasha, but ever since the movies, she has been kind of everywhere anyways. I am a little burnt out on the character, whereas Silver Sable's more sporadic guest appearances make her inclusion in stories more welcome (imo).
    This.Sable and Cat can play the same role as Nat.
    And Black Cat and peter's current dynamic as seen in Spencer's run is *chef's kiss*.And Sable is such a badass and Sable's growth from seeing Spidey as immature to getting to know him for the hero that he is is so good.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

After reading the latest issue, I really miss Brand New Day where the status quo wasn't so convoluted.

There is a lot of Spidey wankery going on.

Just give me a book where Pete has friends and they get into shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    After reading the latest issue, I really miss Brand New Day where the status quo wasn't so convoluted.

There is a lot of Spidey wankery going on.

Preferably with good characterization!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Preferably with good characterization!
    Exactly, I just want to see what these people are up to and not worry that world is ending with the damn devil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Well when it's nonexistent, it definitely doesn't feel convoluted.

Spencer's run is nothing but that. The plot is entirely down to shenanigans by Peter and his friends, his ex-friends, friends turned enemies.
    --Randy dating Janice
    --Boomerang screwing him over.
    --Harry being an evil AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    silver sable was my second favorite female pair with Spiderman in the PS4 game their dynamic was fun
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy