Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I think Aquaman and Wonder Woman both tanked hits from the axe. It was more "slightly inconvenient reach extender" then "major damage dealer."
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I think Aquaman and Wonder Woman both tanked hits from the axe. It was more "slightly inconvenient reach extender" then "major damage dealer."
    I don't recall them taking the bladed axe to the body, especially when he was physically superior to them in pretty much everyway, while Superman just stood there with an amused grin on his face as it failed to even make him budge, let alone cut him. He then proceeded completely over power Wolf completely, showing to be vastly physically superior to him in everyway.

All in all, it would be incorrect to assume any significant gap between him and Carol when it comes to strength and durability. Neither of them are ignoring one another's attacks, and since one of them has superspeed? Carol is going to have a bad time.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I don't recall them taking the bladed axe to the body, especially when he was physically superior to them in pretty much everyway, while Superman just stood there with an amused grin on his face as it failed to even make him budge, let alone cut him. He then proceeded completely over power Wolf completely, showing to be vastly physically superior to him in everyway.

All in all, it would be incorrect to assume any significant gap between him and Carol when it comes to strength and durability. Neither of them are ignoring one another's attacks, and since one of them has superspeed? Carol is going to have a bad time.
    I disagree. Carol pretty much ignores everything tried on her once she gets her full powers. The Kree launched missiles meant to destroy life on the planet and she flew through the explosion of all of them. Kree ships that are presented as being casual planet-surface-glassers run away from her. Thanos' ship, unloading it's entire arsenal, didn't even slow Carol down. And don't forget, that ship had been commanded by Thanos to rain fire on the ground, to kill both sides, basically, and the people doing the shooting, despite being terrified of/loyal to Thanos, turned away from his specific, direct order to shoot at Carol. The one thing that solidly bounced her was a full on blast from the power stone, a thing that is one sixth of the power required to delete half the life in the universe. And even that just knocked her back hard and knocked her out of the fight for an indeterminate time, it didn't leave lasting harm. Outside of newspaper clippings, Cavill-Man doesn't do anything approaching that level.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Extraordinary Member

I disagree. Carol pretty much ignores everything tried on her once she gets her full powers. The Kree launched missiles meant to destroy life on the planet and she flew through the explosion of all of them. Kree ships that are presented as being casual planet-surface-glassers run away from her. Thanos' ship, unloading it's entire arsenal, didn't even slow Carol down. And don't forget, that ship had been commanded by Thanos to rain fire on the ground, to kill both sides, basically, and the people doing the shooting, despite being terrified of/loyal to Thanos, turned away from his specific, direct order to shoot at Carol. The one thing that solidly bounced her was a full on blast from the power stone, a thing that is one sixth of the power required to delete half the life in the universe. And even that just knocked her back hard and knocked her out of the fight for an indeterminate time, it didn't leave lasting harm. Outside of newspaper clippings, Cavill-Man doesn't do anything approaching that level.
    I dunno. He did fly up thru that world engine and destroy it. Pretty big feat.

I think they may have gotten clubbed by the flat of the axe or something but I don't think they ever got hit by the blade, an actual axe strike.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think they may have gotten clubbed by the flat of the axe or something but I don't think they ever got hit by the blade, an actual axe strike.
    I think it's telling about the film making, whichever version you're watching, that no one seems to remember clearly what happened between the heroes and the villain in the climactic fight.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I dunno. He did fly up thru that world engine and destroy it. Pretty big feat.
    I also think they are both durability monsters and it's too bad their respective biggest durability feats (Thanos' ship and the World engine) are very hard to gauge in terms of damage output. I would put which one is more durable as either roughly equal or too indeterminant to know because we don't know exactly the damage output of the ship or the engine.

I do think there is no question both can hit hard enough to hurt each other. In Carol's case, that might be a punch or an energy blast. But Superman's speed is just too much if it's an arena fight. Now, make it a battle in open space or anywhere that she can move, she might be able to put enough distance between them by her flight speed and maintain that distance while blasting away with area attacks. But I put odds that he's going to hit so many times before she can move away that she gets stunned.

I realize this can be argued either way. I could just as easily argue, as someone did, that taking a hit from an Infinity gem is taking a hit from something that is one-sixth of what killed half of all life in the universe and only being taken out of a fight for a little while. But that assumes that one gem, used by itself, is that powerful as opposed to the sum of all of them being greater than the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I think it's telling about the film making, whichever version you're watching, that no one seems to remember clearly what happened between the heroes and the villain in the climactic fight.
    Well, I've only watched the Snyder cut once. Hmm, Snyder "Cut"? Possible pun there. I was actually looking for that when I was watching it though and I don't recall anyone getting hit by the blade except Superman. I took that as an implication that nobody else could have taken getting chopped by the blade.

Extraordinary Member

I also think they are both durability monsters and it's too bad their respective biggest durability feats (Thanos' ship and the World engine) are very hard to gauge in terms of damage output. I would put which one is more durable as either roughly equal or too indeterminant to know because we don't know exactly the damage output of the ship or the engine.

I do think there is no question both can hit hard enough to hurt each other. In Carol's case, that might be a punch or an energy blast. But Superman's speed is just too much if it's an arena fight. Now, make it a battle in open space or anywhere that she can move, she might be able to put enough distance between them by her flight speed and maintain that distance while blasting away with area attacks. But I put odds that he's going to hit so many times before she can move away that she gets stunned.

I realize this can be argued either way. I could just as easily argue, as someone did, that taking a hit from an Infinity gem is taking a hit from something that is one-sixth of what killed half of all life in the universe and only being taken out of a fight for a little while. But that assumes that one gem, used by itself, is that powerful as opposed to the sum of all of them being greater than the parts.
    Yeah I guess some of it is open to interpretation to a certain extent. But agree nobody took a direct hit from that axe except Mos.

Yeah that pretty much covers it. NJ Powerboy.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yeah that pretty much covers it. NJ Powerboy.
    Thanks.

[Extra words thrown in because message was blocked for being too short].