Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Travel speed means little. She will never catch him though. He's just too fast. He can just outlast her.
    She starts spamming AoEs that can likely eventually stun him, tire him or smash him against the wall of the arena. She then grabs and starts with the twisting.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Hulk is chaff to Carol.

Hulk never took an attack from any of the stones. He managed a snap, that screwed him up royally, despite the stones being explicitly a sort of radiation that is beneficial to him. The same snap in the other sense (Hulk brought back, Thanos deleted) did literally nothing to Thanos. No damage at all. The use that damaged him was the one destroying the stones.

Clark is faster than Carol by a significant amount, but I don't think that he can actually hurt her. Her no-selling Thanos' headbutt is just massively beyond anything Cavill Clark has shown, so he likely just can't hurt her at all. So it will probably take a crazy long time but she'll win, based on what we've seen. She's just massively too durable, and she's definitely strong enough to snap his neck once she eventually gets her hands on him.
    Id say him going "not impressed" as he amusingly no sold Wolf's axe is an indication of a level of durability not far off of Carols.

His strength casually pinballed Wolf who treated the rest of the cast as garbage. All in all, i see that as comparable to what Carol did with Thanos. Meaning I see Carol and Clark as having roughly comparable strength and durability, but since Clark has a massive speed edge over her that she will be screwed.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

it should be noted that thanos' IG was created by the same dwarfs who made Mjolnir and stormbreaker. not to mention, it was designed to allow someone to channel and harness the stones without fucking themselves up in the process.

the one bruce used was basically a poor man's version of the original, hence why bruce had to be the one who did the reserve snap since he could at least survive the energies the gems put out when used together like that.

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Think of the latest movie incarnations only (for instance, Cavill Superman rather than Reeve Superman) what's the order of power?

My picks:

Hulk: He took the power of the Infinity Stones and survived.

Superman: ridiculous as it sounds, he snapped a Kryptonian neck on Earth. But he could not withstand the potential of Hulk.

Captain Marvel: despite MCU insistence, she has yet to show she is more powerful than Hulk, despite standing up to Thanos when Hulk was defeated by him. Hulk was more powerful than the stones, and she wasn't.

What's your pick and why?
    Legendary Godzilla should be a step above every one mentioned above.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Carol’s not putting Clark down. He’s significantly faster and too tough. Carol’s not exactly punching with the force of a nuke last I checked.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Carol’s not putting Clark down. He’s significantly faster and too tough. Carol’s not exactly punching with the force of a nuke last I checked.
    See, I don't get this argument. Marvel carried a ship home from light years away in a few hours. Several other instances of galactic travel relatively instantly. How is that not as fast as Superman?

Also, last I checked she was punching with the force of a nuke and beyond, but that's just me doubting a nuke could have taken out Thanos' ship.

Think of the latest movie incarnations only (for instance, Cavill Superman rather than Reeve Superman) what's the order of power?

My picks:

Hulk: He took the power of the Infinity Stones and survived.

Superman: ridiculous as it sounds, he snapped a Kryptonian neck on Earth. But he could not withstand the potential of Hulk.

Captain Marvel: despite MCU insistence, she has yet to show she is more powerful than Hulk, despite standing up to Thanos when Hulk was defeated by him. Hulk was more powerful than the stones, and she wasn't.

What's your pick and why?
    Regarding Marvel vs. Hulk, she blatantly showed a higher level. Thanos trounced the Hulk. She locked up with Thanos and was not only equal but he had to use an Infinity gem to stop her. She just about no-sold Thanos' physical attack while Thanos beat the Hulk into unconsciousness.

The Hulk's theoretical; potential is an old, old, old argument. Nothing the Hulk has done in the movies stands up to Cavill Superman.

You're trying to compare using the gems and taking a direct blast from one as the same thing while not invoking all sorts of other evidence. The Hulk survived using them, yes. Captain Marvel survived getting blasted by one. And she wasn't badly hurt for a long while.

Of the five you mentioned Cavill, Reeve, Thanos, Marvel and Hulk), It's hard to say. Reeve Superman moved the Moon and took a hit from an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (if it had a nuclear warhead is questionable). If we count Superman Returns, there's also the speed factor.

Cavill has such speed he takes out anybody else before they can do anything, again depending on how fast we think Reeve/ Routh was and if the speed counts.

With the Infinity Gems, Thanos is next.

Without them, it's Marvel and then Thanos.

Any overall viewing of feats puts the Hulk last.
    Power with Girl is better.

See, I don't get this argument. Marvel carried a ship home from light years away in a few hours. Several other instances of galactic travel relatively instantly. How is that not as fast as Superman?

Also, last I checked she was punching with the force of a nuke and beyond, but that's just me doubting a nuke could have taken out Thanos' ship.
    That's a good point. Although flight speed is not overall reaction and combat speed, she might be able to ram him. The problem is it's flight speed versus combat speed. She doesn't show super combat speed. So it's questionable.

We really have no way of knowing how devastating a hit from SW's axe was. Clearly, based on S v B, Superman is not invulnerable to a ground zero nuke. So we get into a discussion of whether Carol's energy blasts are that powerful.

Cavill Superman versus Captain Marvel is a very complex debate that can be argued many ways based on things that people interpret very differently.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    That's a good point. Although flight speed is not overall reaction and combat speed, she might be able to ram him. The problem is it's flight speed versus combat speed. She doesn't show super combat speed. So it's questionable.

We really have no way of knowing how devastating a hit from SW's axe was. Clearly, based on S v B, Superman is not invulnerable to a ground zero nuke. So we get into a discussion of whether Carol's energy blasts are that powerful.

Cavill Superman versus Captain Marvel is a very complex debate that can be argued many ways based on things that people interpret very differently.
    That’s true, though Clark was weakened from Kryptonite at the time. Still, the him vs Carol fight is very complex and close.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Because that's flying travel speed, through space at that, it has nothing to do with reaction speed.

There is absolutely zero indication she has this level of power.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

BANNED

[Because that's flying travel speed, through space at that, it has nothing to do with reaction speed.[/QUOTE]

So your point boils down to reflexes? OK, I can live with that. That's been sideman shtick of decades. But I think there's aa distingction to be Made between reflexes and actual speed.

QUOTE=Cody;5597758] There is absolutely zero indication she has this level of power.[/QUOTE]

If only it wasn't for Endgame, of course, but as I said that is a mostly personal feeling that every nuke on Earth wouldn't have damaged that ship. There's no canonical reference that I know of, but Earth standing up to Thanos technology seems remote.

Extraordinary Member

A nuke fucked up one of his ships before. Not the flagship, but still one of his

Swiss army nerd

What's the board ruling on things we're told happened in-world, but don't actually see? Batman V Superman has a newspaper headline about Superman stopping an earthquake by pushing the tectonic plates apart. I'd assume it's not admissible as it didn't happen on-screen?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

but as I said that is a mostly personal feeling that every nuke on Earth wouldn't have damaged that ship.
    I think I just have to note that this is a astoundingly bold assumption regarding a single ship with no durability feats to speak of. This would not stand up to rigorous argument.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    What's the board ruling on things we're told happened in-world, but don't actually see? Batman V Superman has a newspaper headline about Superman stopping an earthquake by pushing the tectonic plates apart. I'd assume it's not admissible as it didn't happen on-screen?
    If we don't see how it happens then it's not that useful in a debate context. There could have been mitigating factors involved or something so it's not a solid piece of evidence. It could be somewhat useful in terms of establishing the broader intended presentation of a character like; "We never see Superman struggle with XXX feats, and we are told he could move tectonic plates which are XXX more impressive, ergo we could infer that this level could be his theoretical ceiling of power,"

But it would be a pretty dubious argument. Best to stick with on screen stuff that can be properly litigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I think I just have to note that this is a astoundingly bold assumption regarding a single ship with no durability feats to speak of. This would not stand up to rigorous argument.

If we don't see how it happens then it's not that useful in a debate context. There could have been mitigating factors involved or something so it's not a solid piece of evidence. It could be somewhat useful in terms of establishing the broader intended presentation of a character like; "We never see Superman struggle with XXX feats, and we are told he could move tectonic plates which are XXX more impressive, ergo we could infer that this level could be his theoretical ceiling of power,"

But it would be a pretty dubious argument. Best to stick with on screen stuff that can be properly litigated.
    The tectonic plates thing sounds like a brief nod to the Christopher Reeve Superman though, admittedly, too vague.

It could also be argued that nukes would never reach Thanos' ship because the ship would fire blasts to prevent that but couldn't hit Carol. She doesn't need nuke level blasts to take out the ship physically and there's nothing else indicating her energy blasts were on that level.

I think her going one against one with Thanos and even starting to outmuscle a guy who manhandled the Hulk, to the point he had to use a gem to stop her and couldn't on his own power says a lot.

But Superman completely no-selling a hit from SW and his axe is telling too. I don't think anybody else actually got hit by the axe but SW was manhandling them without that.

But Superman's speed is the biggest factor here- and, as we know, there is a big difference between flight speed and just overall speed.