A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Default Rumblers League Round 3: Tomzilla vs Cleric Of Hells Brigade

Here we go!

Voting and debate rules:

- To avoid mass unreadable debate, each participant is allowed 8 posts to make their argument in their matches.
    - Each match is open for discussion for 72 hours.
    - Once all match discussions are over, vote threads will be posted on Thursday with polls (we have special dispensation from the board to allow polls). These will last for two days.

Team Cleric of Hells Brigade
    Superman (10) w/ Ant-Man’s Suit (7)
    Five (4) w/ Angel Blade (4), One Ring (6), Medusa’s Head (9), & Magneto’s Helmet (5)
    Jesse Quick (9) w/ Black Panther Suit (4) & Cloak of Levitation (4)
    Piper Halliwell (6) w/ Meteorite Radiation (10) & Curse of Hom Dai (9)
    Wonder Woman (9) w/ Crystal Sword
    Martian Manhunter (9) and Cris Johnson (3) w/ Alien Orchid Transporter Fusion (9).

Team Tomzilla
    Shadow King (10)
    Illyria (7) w/ Shazam Power (9)
    King Ghidorah (MonsterVerse) (10)
    Hela (8) w/ Stormbreaker (9)
    Vanya Hargreeves (9) w/ CRISP (George Version) (Rampage) (6)
    The Night King (8) w/ Absorption of F4 Powers (Fantastic Four: RotSS) (9)
    Buffy Summers (3) w/ Mjolnir (9)
    Thanos (9) w/ Green Lantern Ring (Green Lantern Movie) (9)
    Sherlock Holmes (Cumberbatch) (2) w/ Genie's Lamp (Aladdin) (8)
    Last edited by Darth Drizzle; 06-21-2021 at 08:01 AM.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Tomzilla’s Strategy Against Cleric

Shadow King establishes a psychic link. This being Titan, Thanos’s knowledge of his homeworld will be shared with my entire team. Next, Shadow King mind-controls Superman and sets him loose on the rest of Cleric’s team. From this point on, Shadow King can possess Superman and/or mind-controlling other members of Cleric’s team. He’s fully capable of rendering multiple Cleric team members comatose.

Meanwhile, Night King freezes the environment, not only slowing Jesse Quick down but severely injuring her in the process. There’s no evidence the Black Panther suit is capable of protecting its wearer from freezing temperatures, and the Night King is capable of freezing/shattering metal on contact. With his Fantastic Four Powers enhancing Westeros’ resident Grim Reaper, Night King reaps the speedster and then raises her as an undead supplicant. Speaking of raising the dead, Titan is a planet-sized cemetery. Millions of Thanos’s fallen kin will rise (picture Blackest Night) to tear Cleric’s team limb from limb.

At this point, Sherlock Holmes summons Genie to make his First Wish, “Genie, I wish for you to attack Cleric’s team until they’re defeated.” Following up, Sherlock makes his Second Wish, “I wish all items from Cleric’s team to be removed.”

King Ghidorah is drawn to Piper’s Meteor Radiation. As entertaining as it would be to see Piper defend herself here, there’s not much she can do to stop the space hydra from eating her alive and absorbing the Meteor Radiation. By the way, there’s a big chance the Hom-Dai Curse* has turned Piper into a member of the undead and the Night King commands the dead with his necromantic powers, so she’s commanded to let Ghidorah consume her.

* Granted, the Genie has removed it from the equation but I digress.

How do we deal with Martian Johnson (Martian Manhunter + Cris Johnson)? Simple, he’s dogpiled by massively more powerful characters. Thanos w/ Green Lantern Ring, Worthy Buffy, and Vanya Hargreeves w/ CRISP overwhelm him. While Cris’s clairvoyant powers are cool, they, uh, didn’t help him in the end of his movie. In the end, everything blew up in his face—literally—and here will be no different. Additionally, the Green Lantern Ring is capable of generating fire, which is Martian Manhunter’s weakness (the fusion doesn’t negate that weakness), and combined with Buffy’s lightning/Vanya’s energy blasts, MJ will be cremated.

Illyria vs. Five is an amusing face-off but one-sided nonetheless. It’s unlikely an Angel Blade can kill something like Illyria. The One Ring’s invisibility won’t cloak Five from Illyria’s superhuman senses. With the Power of Shazam complementing her temporal powers, the Old One makes short work of the ‘boy’ assassin.

Hela w/ Stormbreaker vs. Wonder Woman w/ Crystal Sword is spectacular, or at least it would’ve been had the Genie not removed Diana’s new sword from the battlefield. But even if it was still in play, Hela alone is too much for Diana to handle on her alone. Giving the Goddess of Death Stormbreaker, a weapon that forcibly flew through an Infinity Gauntlet energy beam seals it.

Ultimately, Shadow King mind-controlling Superman (and others), King Ghidorah raining down lightning, Genie blitzing all opposition with magical attacks, and Night King necromancing Cleric’s fallen to stack up the body count makes victory for my team more certain.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Clerics Stratagy:

Due to having two giant monsters on his team, and only one person with dubious super speed (Illyria) I’m easily able to locate his team (senses, looking, TP, etc…..) and pummel him with my several characters who have super speed. Yes, I realize a speed blitz is a bit passé, but I haven’t relied on it too much yet, so I think I’m allowed this one .

Jesse is the fastest thing here. She’s going to tear across the battlefield (locating TZ’s team thanks to GIANT monsters) and hit all of them (mainly focusing on Shadow King first) with as many AOE blitz punches and discharges as possible. But she won’t let up on SK until he’s paste (this should also knock out Sherlock and potentially the Night King).

Martian Cris protects my team mentally while using his Precog to avoid any attacks/shenanigans (including mental attacks), flying straight at the opposing team and through Ghidorah’s three heads (intangible), tearing out their brains.

Afterwards he will attempt to mentally shut down everyone else on TZ’a team. If he cannot, he will physically.

If he cannot multi-task for some reason than his main job is to defend my team against Shadow King FYI instead of initially engaging.

Piper flies to the other team, casting her time stop against Illyria and any others she can (Illyria her main target) before punching them out. Her main focus is Illyria, than Buffy and Hela. With her sand she will scour the opposing team as well, the speed and power of which should more than take a few people out.

Five undetectable, unfindable, he teleports himself and Diana to the enemy team and shanks the following: Sherlock, Night King, Hela, Buffy, etc…….

Otherwise his main strat is teleport, stab. Teleport, stab.

In an emergency, Five can also time travel to either the start of the match to warn my team of dangers/moves TZ pulls, or if that’s not allowable, will grab as many of the opposing team as he can and Time Dump them with him (thus ringing them and himself out). As shown in the end of Season 2 he can now go back in time in small increments like he did to save his family.

Diana taken there by Five, leaps/flies from behind and stabs Thanos in the head, killing him and absorbing his power and soul through the Crystal Sword. As shown magic weapons can cut Thanos (and really sharp mortal ones) so with her strength and speed/skill, he should be shanked. If a mortal blow is avoided, she use her lasso to tie him up and aid her in disposing of him.

She will move on to aid Five in taking down anyone left standing.

Superman second fastest on the field, zooms over and decks Vanya out old. He’ll proceed to go giant form and knock everyone else out that’s still up at speed (Ghidorah and Illyria and prime targets). Heat vision may be applied as well.

Beyond Shadow King effecting him mentally, a fifty foot tall Clark is pretty much an unstoppable force in terms of strength knocking everyone out.

My team will fight to the best of their skills, experience, items, and powers allow them too. They’ll back each other up as best they can.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

A big part of TZ’s actions are taken by, relatively, slow people. Illyria is the fastest there on his team (still slower than Superman, Martian Cris, and Jesse).

Sherlock and the Night King both have human to barely above human reactions, and TZ pulls heavily on their moves: Night King to slow Jesse down and Sherlock to wish away my items/Genie attack my team.

His other main move is Shadow King. I admit he’ll defeat Martian in a prolonged battle, but he’s not as fast as Martian Cris AND I specified that MC would mentally defend my team. So even if Shadow King does try and take over Superman, he should be out cold old/mush by than by Jesse and Clark is mentally defended.

As to Titan being a graveyard, that’s a cool concept. We have no way of knowing if there are any bodies under the battlefield however, so Night King kind of wastes some time there.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Firstly, I'm happy to finally be crossing swords with Cleric. I respect you a great deal, my friend! Now please allow me to show that respect by BEATING YOUR TEAM INTO THE DIRT!

I think this comes down to Speed vs. Mind.

Yes, Cleric's team has a massive speed blitz advantage; however, the Shadow King can mind-control and possess others even if his physical body is decommissioned. Illyria isn't the only defense I have against speedsters; Shadow King reacted and destroyed a Time Eater (temporal beings capable of eating/erasing timelines). Furthermore, Jesse Quick has no defense against Shadow King mind-controlling her or possessing her outright. If Shadow King elects to go for Superman instead (or all of the above, given his vast psionic power), Night King's freezing powers (in addition to his Fantastic Four Composite powers) acts as a suitable anti-speedster defense.

At which point everyone that dies is brought back by Night King as an undead addition to my team, thus securing me the win.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Firstly, I'm happy to finally be crossing swords with Cleric. I respect you a great deal, my friend! Now please allow me to show that respect by BEATING YOUR TEAM INTO THE DIRT!

I think this comes down to Speed vs. Mind.

Yes, Cleric's team has a massive speed blitz advantage; however, the Shadow King can mind-control and possess others even if his physical body is decommissioned. Illyria isn't the only defense I have against speedsters; Shadow King reacted and destroyed a Time Eater (temporal beings capable of eating/erasing timelines). Furthermore, Jesse Quick has no defense against Shadow King mind-controlling her or possessing her outright. If Shadow King elects to go for Superman instead (or all of the above, given his vast psionic power), Night King's freezing powers (in addition to his Fantastic Four Composite powers) acts as a suitable anti-speedster defense.

At which point everyone that dies is brought back by Night King as an undead addition to my team, thus securing me the win.
    I was looking forward to this match too!

Yeah, I kind of have to say that Shadow King is all sorts of terrifying and that’s why I hammered him into non-existence from the get go. *thumbs up*.

And Martian Cris is still defending my team too mentally. I do believe the combo of Jesse’s initial blitz and Martian Cris’ defense, showily keep SK down/out of the way long enough.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM