Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Okay, then my bad. It basically takes the top off a skyscraper rather than dropping the whole building.

^_^

Long time no play.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Okay, then my bad. It basically takes the top off a skyscraper rather than dropping the whole building.

^_^

Long time no play.
    in doing this bit of research, I discovered that there's a post-credit sequence where Zack saves Helena from the explosion by hanging from a ladder from a helicopter.

this answers my long held thought "wait, how is Helena still in DoA after the end of 4, she seemed super dead?!"

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    in doing this bit of research, I discovered that there's a post-credit sequence where Zack saves Helena from the explosion by hanging from a ladder from a helicopter.

this answers my long held thought "wait, how is Helena still in DoA after the end of 4, she seemed super dead?!"
    Maaaaan, it has been a while. I've forgotten everything.

But then, I've moved away from fighting games in general and the DoA franchise in particular.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Fantastic Member

Does Ryu (and company) gets any feats from the Ninja Gaiden series? I dont remember anything too crazy from the DoA series in terms of power. But Ninja Gaiden might boost them a lot. (It's a LONG time since I played Ninja Gaiden, though).

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Akuma is going to go after the biggest threats immediately. That's a cause for disaster. If Akuma waited until the end, then he might win. But we have to go by his character in this scenario. Akuma is going to insert himself into the Mishima family drama asap. He's not surviving that.
    Why not? Surely at his most powerful he is at least on par, of not superior to the strongest member of that family, and it isn't like they won't be fighting one another anyway, so adding him in will essentially boil down to a free for all between the 4 of them.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Just going to put Guilty Gear verse in its own category below Darkstalkers.

according to Strive's Story mode when Jack-0 asks Sol who he thinks currently poses the greatest threat to the world, and his answer is Alx, and him stating that Alx can stop and reverse time, that magic and science having nothing on it. Then Jack-0 statements about Alx and I-no. basically going off their statements Alx and complete I-No are the most powerful characters in the Guilty Gear verse.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

Hmm, should I add new teams to this?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Dear god, that's an ancient one.

Anyway, here's the ending for Ayane. As I recall, other endings show that it's this that basically levels the building, but I could be misremembering.
    And don’t you ever forget it.

BAT was one of the first anime movies I think I ever watched.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Akuma is going to go after the biggest threats immediately. That's a cause for disaster. If Akuma waited until the end, then he might win. But we have to go by his character in this scenario. Akuma is going to insert himself into the Mishima family drama asap. He's not surviving that.
    I mean....canonically he already is in the middle of the Mishima drama and he honestly survived it just fine.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    I mean....canonically he already is in the middle of the Mishima drama and he honestly survived it just fine.
    Maybe, but he's in the Tournament of Power with no place to rest. Akuma stamina is normally low. He hits hard, but takes damage easily. Charging into battle immediately will take him out in the long run. He's canonically not the type to hide, ask for protection or sneak around. He MIGHT survive the Mishima (and I still think it's very doubtful), but he can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hmm, should I add new teams to this?
    Soul Caliber is a big one, and I know there's others out there.

Extraordinary Member

I have decided to add four new teams.

Team Soul Calibur
    1. Heishiro Mitsurugi
    2. Ivy Valentine
    3. Siegfried Schtauffen
    4. Cervantes
    5. Raphael Sorel
    6. Sophitia Alexandra
    7. Kilik
    8. Yoshimitsu
    9. Inferno
    10. Zasalamel
    Team Killer Instinct
    1. Black Orchid
    2. Cinder
    3. Glacius
    4. Fulgore
    5. Jago
    6. Riptor
    7. TJ Combo
    8. Sabrewulf
    9. Gargos
    10. Eyedol
    Team Dead or Alive
    1. Rya Hayabusa
    2. Kasumi
    3. Ayane
    4. Zack
    5. Raidou
    6. Helena Douglas
    7. Hayate
    8. Tengu
    9. Christie
    10. Genra
    Team Virtua Fighter
    1. Akira Yuki
    2. Pai Chan
    3. Lau Chan
    4. Kage-Maru
    5. Jacky Bryant
    6. Sarah Bryant
    7. Dural
    8. Lei-Fei
    9. Goh Hinogami
    10. Jean Kujo

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I have decided to add four new teams.

Team Soul Calibur
    1. Heishiro Mitsurugi
    2. Ivy Valentine
    3. Siegfried Schtauffen
    4. Cervantes
    5. Raphael Sorel
    6. Sophitia Alexandra
    7. Kilik
    8. Yoshimitsu
    9. Inferno
    10. Zasalamel
    Might be the new favourites. No fireball game, but the range advantage with Kilik, Cervantes and Siegried is considerable. They should have good teamwork in general. If they turtle up, they will last long.

Team Killer Instinct
    1. Black Orchid
    2. Cinder
    3. Glacius
    4. Fulgore
    5. Jago
    6. Riptor
    7. TJ Combo
    8. Sabrewulf
    9. Gargos
    10. Eyedol
    If they pick their spots, they might be decent. The "COMBO-BREAKER" is big against the right people . (If T.J. Combo did a combo-breaker on Akuma Super, it would be SWEET). Iffy fireball game, no great range game. Their combo game is elite but they are probably last among the four groups here. Team SC wouldn't let them get near, and they couldn't keep Team VF from getting close.

Team Dead or Alive
    1. Rya Hayabusa
    Welcome to the Legion of Typos!!
    2. Kasumi
    3. Ayane
    4. Zack
    5. Raidou
    6. Helena Douglas
    7. Hayate
    8. Tengu
    9. Christie
    10. Genra
    I need to know if Ryu, Ayane and Kasumi gets any Ninja Gaiden feats here. Otherwise, it's a toss-up between them and SC.

p.s. For cheap VG bosses, can I put Alpha-152 on the honorable mention list? There are times when you just need to reset the game if she gets going. Bass/Bayman versus the cheapness of Alpha-152 could take a hour to complete.

Team Virtua Fighter
    1. Akira Yuki
    2. Pai Chan
    3. Lau Chan
    4. Kage-Maru
    5. Jacky Bryant
    6. Sarah Bryant
    7. Dural
    8. Lei-Fei
    9. Goh Hinogami
    10. Jean Kujo
    They might be team Killer Instinct worst matchup. They don't do many combos, but they are short and all of them HURT. Akira shoulder block, Sarah's bicycle kick, they are powerhouses. I don't think they can match up quite to Team SC and Team DoA, but they will be ok.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Iffy fireball game, no great range game.
    A team that has Fulgore, Jago, Glacius and Eyedol has no great range game?

Like those are some really unpleasant range games on the table. Especially Eyedol.

Fantastic Member

A team that has Fulgore, Jago, Glacius and Eyedol has no great range game?

Like those are some really unpleasant range games on the table. Especially Eyedol.
    I confess that I didn't play the latest KI game. I was thinking of KI and KI2. In my head, I was wondering how they were going to compete with SF/KOF in terms of fireball and SC in terms of distance control. Also, VF, DoA, SC and Tekken bring side-stepping into the arena. I don't mind admitting that I'm wrong here. I will bow to a better expert.