Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I know Guilty Gear isn't on the same level as Tekken and SF. I peg them as being on the same level as Dark Stalkers.
    I mean, that's wildly incorrect but by all means go off.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The 100% cheapest boss of all time isn't in this match. For some reason, KoF has been denied Goenitz.

...and nobody, not even the KoF team, is crying about that.
    in that case, i have one question, old man...........

Koko Desu Ka?

What can long of fighter do? I figure Tekken characters are probably the physically strongest (minus Akuma), but Sub Zero’s powers would probably still work on any of them.

Akuma wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, that's wildly incorrect but by all means go off.
    Don't know where else to place gulity gear cast when comparing other fighting game characters from other companies. The series has who people who can control time. In Strive's story mode Alx literally stops time.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-22-2021 at 10:40 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    What can long of fighter do? I figure Tekken characters are probably the physically strongest (minus Akuma), but Sub Zero’s powers would probably still work on any of them.

Akuma wins.
    Did you play the Capcom versus SNK games? That's basically KOF right there. KOF is definitely on par with SF, but they have slightly better teamwork than the SF entry in this scenario.

The problem with Sub-zero is that that he loses in a fireball war with Ryu/Sagat or Terry/Mai. Freezing is good but you got to be able to hit someone. And Tekken sidesteps will cause Sub-zero a lot of pain.

Akuma is going to go after the biggest threats immediately. That's a cause for disaster. If Akuma waited until the end, then he might win. But we have to go by his character in this scenario. Akuma is going to insert himself into the Mishima family drama asap. He's not surviving that.

The one fighting game series that would do pretty well, yet not be too overpowered is the Dead or Alive series. It depends on their roster (No fireball/range game is a BIG weakness), but they could compete with the others.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    in that case, i have one question, old man...........
    To quote Pendaran, 'I hate you.'

Koko Desu Ka?
    To quote Pendaran, 'My hatred is now retroactive and thread-spanning.'
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Don't know where else to place gulity gear cast when comparing other fighting game characters from other companies. The series has who people who can control time. In Strive's story mode Alx literally stops time.
    Darkstalkers lore has the top tiers messing about on the "I mess with planets and dimensions,"

Axl can stop time but he has no real way to actually hurt the top tiers of the Darkstalkers cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Mac View Post
    Did you play the Capcom versus SNK games? That's basically KOF right there. KOF is definitely on par with SF, but they have slightly better teamwork than the SF entry in this scenario.

The problem with Sub-zero is that that he loses in a fireball war with Ryu/Sagat or Terry/Mai. Freezing is good but you got to be able to hit someone. And Tekken sidesteps will cause Sub-zero a lot of pain.

Akuma is going to go after the biggest threats immediately. That's a cause for disaster. If Akuma waited until the end, then he might win. But we have to go by his character in this scenario. Akuma is going to insert himself into the Mishima family drama asap. He's not surviving that.

The one fighting game series that would do pretty well, yet not be too overpowered is the Dead or Alive series. It depends on their roster (No fireball/range game is a BIG weakness), but they could compete with the others.
    Ayame has a fireball. Sort of.

Cutscenes show her throwing some kind of Ki attack at Kasumi, as I recall.

And if the other DoA fighters can run interference long enough for her to get her sky-scraper-annihilating groundstrike, that might do some damage. To, like, everyone, unfortunately.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

And if the other DoA fighters can run interference long enough for her to get her sky-scraper-annihilating groundstrike, that might do some damage. To, like, everyone, unfortunately.
    I think you're conflating DoA canon with Dead Fantasy...?

I don't recall Ayane doing anything like that in the games off hand...

Also, Kasumi, Haybusa and Ayane all have fireballs as of DoA5 when they got them put in. Also, Hayate... I think?

I think you're conflating DoA canon with Dead Fantasy...?

I don't recall Ayane doing anything like that in the games off hand...
    Nope.

Ayane's ending, DoA 4. That's where Dead Fantasy got the idea. Just takes her a few seconds to do the requisite Kuji-Kuri.

Also, Kasumi, Haybusa and Ayane all have fireballs as of DoA5 when they got them put in. Also, Hayate... I think?
    Interesting. Stopped playing after 4, so I wasn't aware.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 06-24-2021 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Edit: DoA 4, dammit.
    Why are we here?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Battle Arena Toshinden?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Battle Arena Toshinden?
    Dear god, that's an ancient one.

Anyway, here's the ending for Ayane. As I recall, other endings show that it's this that basically levels the building, but I could be misremembering.
    Why are we here?

Nope.

Ayane's ending, DoA 4. That's where Dead Fantasy got the idea. Just takes her a few seconds to do the requisite Kuji-Kuri.
    Ah, you're correct. I was confused because my memory was that the building mostly blew up for other reasons (Helena set off some bombs), looking at the footage it actually was very much in the process of exploding when Ayane did her thing.

Ah, you're correct. I was confused because my memory was that the building mostly blew up for other reasons (Helena set off some bombs), looking at the footage it actually was very much in the process of exploding when Ayane did her thing.
    Probably a little bit of both. Certainly was on fire and well-on its way to bad places, then Ayane decided that guys with firearms deserve a Thermobaric bomb in reply.

I guess there's no kill like overkill.
    Why are we here?

Wait, I checked again.

Ayane's explosion is really big, but based on Helena's ending it looks her setting off the self-destruct sequence is what does the majority of the damage. In this clip we see Ayane do her blast and then the base is still mostly there.

Also features Hayabusa kamehameha-ing a spaceship.