Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I'm not a Damian hater, I love the little bastard, but Grant Morrison's New 52 Batman Incorporated was such a perfect swan song for the character that it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that DC brought him back so soon.
    No because I'm not interested in some ***** using a fan favorite character that other writers have also built up to be his personal divorce metaphor. It's very egotistical.

Do it in your own personal publication, not a character you created but not owned and other writers contribute

This is one of those cases when you want to respond, but the post is so ridiculous that you can't find right words.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't necessarily mind Damian being alive again.

Now Jason, on the other hand, maybe didn't deserve to die in the first place, but I sometimes wonder if he would have been better off staying dead considering how long it was before they revived him.
    (Also the initial how they revived him is a point of contention with me . . . )
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    I have to agree with you on this one.
    Thank god. Made my day.

No, he's an interesting characters whose not finished growing.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    He actually died? I thought he just had memory loss.

Okay, revised version. If characters stayed dead the Batfamily would be minus:

Jason
    Damian
    Cass
    Kate
    Alfred
    Dick

Babs would be the longest surviving sidekick, Tim would be the only Robin. Duke and Harper would be more prominent, as would Steph. If we include the extended family, then Azrael would also have stayed dead, but Batwing and Huntress would have more panel time.
    Bold of you to think that Duke, Steph, Harper, Huntress and/or Batwing would get more panel time opposed to new OC being created to fill the void.

Besides, it’s dumb to treat death as some kind of definitive end in a universe where there is no definitive end. There are plenty of ways to give weight to death beyond keeping characters off the board for no good reason.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 06-23-2021 at 04:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I call that mercy.
    Including most of the Super Family.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Besides, it’s dumb to treat death as some kind of definitive end in a universe where there is no definitive end. There are plenty of ways to give weight to death beyond keeping characters off the board for no good reason.
    So we should bring Thomas and Martha Wayne back?

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    Much like Uncle Ben, they have a big part in Bruce's origin as a vigilante. So it's unlikely. That being said, it's not like we don't have Thomas out there running now and then, even if it's an alternate timeline one.

Mighty Member

Should he have stayed dead, well at the time yeah he should of but the horse is out of the barn so it seems he's here to stay. However the next best thing that could be done is to retcon him being Bruce's son. Damian as a character has added nothing of value to Batman's character or his mythos, if anything he's just one more club to bash Batman with. Bruce is made to be the worse person because of some kid he didn't know about, asked for or wanted. Just dropped into his lap and he has to deal with the brat. But hey, it seems Damian has found his spot and has his fan base. He has his solo and it seems he is determined to break away from Batman's orbit, and his fans also seem to want the same thing. So I propose a storyline where its revealed that actually he's not Bruce's son, it's a win win for both characters and their fans. Damian can be his own person, not standing in Batman's shadow, not being burdened with the "Son of Batman" moniker. He can swim or sink on his own and his fans don't have to concern themselves with Batman showing up, It's Damian standing alone free from Bruce. Conversely Bruce can be free from having to deal with Damian's antics, free from any responsibility towards him and most importantly for Batman fans they don't have to see Bruce character assassinated as the worse person ever for Damian's benefit. Besides we all know that it's Damian who benefits more from the relationship, if his name was Damian Al Ghul instead of Wayne he would most likely have stayed dead or drifted off into obscurity. But instead they tied him to Batman by blood and essentially made him a viable and relevant character because of said connection. Batman will sell big regardless of Damian or any bat related character being present, he doesn't need them and isn't dependent on their connection/relationship to him. Sever Damian's familiar relationship to Bruce, take away the Wayne name and how long does he remain relevant? Yeah his book may linger on for a while and he may make appearances here and there but nothing like he has now or has had in the past. Also if one character can come back from death then why not others? Death is essentially meaningless in comics so all dead characters are fair game for coming back, it's only fair right.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    . . . I propose a storyline where its revealed that actually he's not Bruce's son, it's a win win for both characters and their fans. . .
    But a "LOSE-LOSE" when it comes to Batman's intelligence / competency. After all, hadn't there been any blood tests or what-not in the beginning (either by Bruce, Alfred, Tim, Dick, or any other Bat-family members?) to determine if Damian really was who he claimed to be?
    (I thought Alfred and Tim had discussed it at one point.)

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But a "LOSE-LOSE" when it comes to Batman's intelligence / competency. After all, hadn't there been any blood tests or what-not in the beginning (either by Bruce, Alfred, Tim, Dick, or any other Bat-family members?) to determine if Damian really was who he claimed to be?
    (I thought Alfred and Tim had discussed it at one point.)
    They already did the "Damian is not Bruce's true son plot" on Batman vs Deathstroke. Got protested by many, some I heard supported it. And in the end they clearly showed blood test document that Damian is valid Bruce's son.

Extraordinary Member

This is a weird thread for an al ghoul

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is a weird thread for an al ghoul
    and a bat. Damian literally has 2 resurrection blood in him.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Should he have stayed dead, well at the time yeah he should of but the horse is out of the barn so it seems he's here to stay. However the next best thing that could be done is to retcon him being Bruce's son. Damian as a character has added nothing of value to Batman's character or his mythos, if anything he's just one more club to bash Batman with. Bruce is made to be the worse person because of some kid he didn't know about, asked for or wanted. Just dropped into his lap and he has to deal with the brat. But hey, it seems Damian has found his spot and has his fan base. He has his solo and it seems he is determined to break away from Batman's orbit, and his fans also seem to want the same thing. So I propose a storyline where its revealed that actually he's not Bruce's son, it's a win win for both characters and their fans. Damian can be his own person, not standing in Batman's shadow, not being burdened with the "Son of Batman" moniker. He can swim or sink on his own and his fans don't have to concern themselves with Batman showing up, It's Damian standing alone free from Bruce. Conversely Bruce can be free from having to deal with Damian's antics, free from any responsibility towards him and most importantly for Batman fans they don't have to see Bruce character assassinated as the worse person ever for Damian's benefit. Besides we all know that it's Damian who benefits more from the relationship, if his name was Damian Al Ghul instead of Wayne he would most likely have stayed dead or drifted off into obscurity. But instead they tied him to Batman by blood and essentially made him a viable and relevant character because of said connection. Batman will sell big regardless of Damian or any bat related character being present, he doesn't need them and isn't dependent on their connection/relationship to him. Sever Damian's familiar relationship to Bruce, take away the Wayne name and how long does he remain relevant? Yeah his book may linger on for a while and he may make appearances here and there but nothing like he has now or has had in the past. Also if one character can come back from death then why not others? Death is essentially meaningless in comics so all dead characters are fair game for coming back, it's only fair right.
    Damian was created for Bruce angst, because Morrison clearly projected themselves on Bruce. That's also why Damian got butchered in Injustice.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    No because they aren’t characters just plot devices to set up Bruce’s story (which isn’t a bad thing because that was their sole purpose).