Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    See this is the thing for me. Is Marvel not wanting to bring him back because we have "enough" native american rep, or is this more a case of they just "forgot"? Because to me I would think that top priority in this situation with not only James would be his former team mates. I would think the likes of Ororo, Kurt, Scott and Logan, even Banshee would be very much "Hey we want James back. He deserves a chance."

Oh how nice we named a plane after him, such a BS move. And you can't say that they have a Thunderbird, because as far as I know there hasn't been one since the third was there back in the early 2000s. And you can't play an Uncle Ben on this, and you can't point to Bucky or Gwen because they're both back in various ways. So what reason does Marvel have to not have him back? You don't even need to play him in any huge roles, just have him come back, celebration and then put him in the background with James, since that's been what they've been doing for years anyway.
    Not true. Neal was used as recently as last month going by the codename Thunederbird

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    no canon. He's been confirmed as dead in the book as as recently as yesterday
    Isn't that a 'memorial' to Magik in the background....it doesn't seem very trustworthy
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Isn't that a 'memorial' to Magik in the background....it doesn't seem very trustworthy
    They implied that he was dead in this issue and the most recent issue of New Mutants. The books have acknowledged that he isnt around

They implied that he was dead in this issue and the most recent issue of New Mutants. The books have acknowledged that he isnt around
    Who did Kurt Run into in his one shot (that was seriously confusing was it a ghost? Illusion? ) Oh read it once but my takeaway was that was the real deal
    GrindrStone(D)

Who did Kurt Run into in his one shot (that was seriously confusing was it a ghost? Illusion? ) Oh read it once but my takeaway was that was the real deal
    A Thunderbird silhouette appeared on the cover; he wasnt in the issue

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Maybe he's one they did not save DNA off and Cabot be brought back.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

A Thunderbird silhouette appeared on the cover; he wasnt in the issue
    Maybe... maybe not
    GrindrStone(D)

Maybe... maybe not
    That were the Sidri Hunters; John wasnt actually in the issue.

I dont know. I cant see anyone really advocating for him other than Warpath and he carries no clout. The Morlocks, Hellions and Maraurders all have personal connections to QC members which does stand for something. It may not be fair but it is what it is
    Yeah, but wouldn't Ororo and Kurt push to have their dead teammate resurrected? I know they haven't been a team long enough to establish long term bonds, since he died so soon, but still. Or as CC, Scott could've pushed for it, since he was their leader and felt some significant guilt over John's death. Outside of the Sinister thing, I think there is something plot signicant that would explain why he wasn't brought back, and why the X-office has been sketchy about it. Also, remember, Moira showed up right after his death. Makes me wonder Hickman will try to tie his death and appearance together.

That were the Sidri Hunters; John wasnt actually in the issue.
    But whyyy would they take that form? Instead of trying to figure out who has or hasn't been resurrected or why TBird hasn't is fun coming up with esoteric theory's...but the simplest answer is usually the truth. This issue+XoSwords handbook makes me think he was revived and is just chilling getting used to the world
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Yeah, but wouldn't Ororo and Kurt push to have their dead teammate resurrected? I know they haven't been a team long enough to establish long term bonds, since he died so soon, but still. Or as CC, Scott could've pushed for it, since he was their leader and felt some significant guilt over John's death. Outside of the Sinister thing, I think there is something plot signicant that would explain why he wasn't brought back, and why the X-office has been sketchy about it. Also, remember, Moira showed up right after his death. Makes me wonder Hickman will try to tie his death and appearance together.
    Not really. They knew him for like a week? That was ages ago. I dont think they are really pressed to push for his return. I think he may simply be an afterthought

But whyyy would they take that form? Instead of trying to figure out who has or hasn't been resurrected or why TBird hasn't is fun coming up with esoteric theory's...but the simplest answer is usually the truth. This issue+XoSwords handbook makes me think he was revived and is just chilling getting used to the world
    It wasnt clear but it was explained that they took that form bc Lady Mastermind was exerting some influence on them. She was having them appear as random X-men in order to lure the actual team to find her where she was trapped
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-09-2021 at 10:38 AM.

I dont know. I cant see anyone really advocating for him other than Warpath and he carries no clout. The Morlocks, Hellions and Maraurders all have personal connections to QC members which does stand for something. It may not be fair but it is what it is
    Uh? Most of the characters resurrected aren’t really high priority to anybody except for the Hellions for what they meant to Emma (not that they even showed their reunion), but John should be a priority especially to someone like Charles as that would be a failure that I imagine he would want to correct. Also both Scott and Sean were shown having feelings of guilt over his death in the following issues, so I imagine they would also be pushing for his return. And a lot has been changed from All New, to the point that a lot of the characters were shown bonding over the time between their rescue of the original in Krakoa and the first oficial mission that the All New participated in. So yes, I would imagine that the All New team would want their teammate back as well as his brother who has served in numerous X-Force and X-Men teams.

Not really. They knew him for like a week? That was ages ago. I dont think they are really pressed to push for his return. I think he may simply be an afterthought

It wasnt clear but it was explained that they took that form bc Lady Mastermind was exerting some influence on them. She was having them appear as random X-men in order to lure the actual team to find her where she was trapped
    No, they knew him for longer. Marvel has retconned the time that they spent together a few times. John is even responsible for Ororo starting her plant collection in her room, as when she was feeling homesick he was the one who brought her a cactus (told her that like herself it was incredible resilient), which ended up being her first plant in the mansion. Marvel for some reason has decided that John is the mutant that has to remain dead (besides the seers for story reasons) but is not logical to think that a lot of the other characters shown would be considered higher priority than the guy who was the first X-Man to fall in battle.

My point still remains. I do think he is an afterthought for most characters outside of Warpath

My point still remains. I do think he is an afterthought for most characters outside of Warpath
    Even if that were true, it would still not answer why he would be so low on the resurrection's list, especially considering the characters that have already been brought back (although I disagree on him being an afterthought).