Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

I'm figuring certain high profile mutants are being left unresurrected at the moment to help keep the Resurrection Protocols a secret. His sacrifice for his fellow mutants continues!

"Look! Thunderbird is dead! We don't have the secret to immortality! If we had it, don't you think we'd bring back the first official X-Man to die? Do you see Thunderbird anywhere alive? Nope! No immortality here!"

Unfortunately, Jumbo was actually high profile but Emma really needed his fashion sense so the mutants couldn't keep his return secret what with his designs everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'm figuring certain high profile mutants are being left unresurrected at the moment to help keep the Resurrection Protocols a secret. His sacrifice for his fellow mutants continues!

"Look! Thunderbird is dead! We don't have the secret to immortality! If we had it, don't you think we'd bring back the first official X-Man to die? Do you see Thunderbird anywhere alive? Nope! No immortality here!"

Unfortunately, Jumbo was actually high profile but Emma really needed his fashion sense so the mutants couldn't keep his return secret what with his designs everywhere.
    I dont think bringing him back would cause people to question things. For one, most people would just assume that was Warpath, who has worn the same costume and looks like him

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think bringing him back would cause people to question things. For one, most people would just assume that was Warpath, who has worn the same costume and looks like him
    Mutants on Krakoa include literal time travelers. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't go back in time acquire Thunderbirds DNA and download his brain from moment of his death. And that just brings me to another point: there is absolutely no reason why Magneto hasn't pushed to bring back his deceased eldest daughter either.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

I don't think most of the Marvel Universe is even aware who Thunderbird is. And is not like the X-Men are the first group to have resurrected members go back to active duty (heck, if you wanted to keep him a secret you could just have him stay in Krakoa for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    some reason has decided that John is the mutant that has to remain dead (besides the seers for story reasons) but is not logical to think that a lot of the other characters shown would be considered higher priority than the guy who was the first X-Man to fall in battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    I don't think most of the Marvel Universe is even aware who Thunderbird is. And is not like the X-Men are the first group to have resurrected members go back to active duty (heck, if you wanted to keep him a secret you could just have him stay in Krakoa for now.
    Yeeeeah see there's no real reason why he hasn't been resurrected...so to me it makes the most sense to assume the was. Quietly. Gone are The days of long expostions from characters on their personal thoughts and feelings...only a few writers could pull it off or Claremont in the 80s-90s when writers try you get long paragraphs pretty much regurgitating what readers already know. I mean if there wasn't a big tado when chars like Cypher...who didn't even talk to Rahne in the first year he was back Orrr Tbe Hellions Orr Blink! Orrr Skin and Synch who died on Xavier's lawn I don't think that's the story marvel wants to push. And the chars I mentioned were kids TBird was a grown man and died in a stupid way. Another reason maybe is the attention itd bring...can you imagine the "outrage" of "fans" if a writer does a story in his resurrection and then he's not put as a regular on a team? I can see the article now "Marvel brings back first NA X-Man then gets rid of hin' or something like that lol
    Quote Originally Posted by BAS View Post
    Mutants on Krakoa include literal time travelers. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't go back in time acquire Thunderbirds DNA and download his brain from moment of his death. And that just brings me to another point: there is absolutely no reason why Magneto hasn't pushed to bring back his deceased eldest daughter either.
    Was she a Mutant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Warpath is waaaay sexier
    GrindrStone(D)