Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Alt-Universe Thunderbird project?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    He was an X-Man. Why hasn't he been resurrected? Did John die before Cerebro came online?
    Funny you ask... my boss has reinvented his character for this massive Marvel project, and he is set to become Ororo's love interest too!

So my boss says as soon as this project is fully launched we'll see a burst of character bios and info. the NEW Thunderbird/John Proudstar has a great new character narrative, bion he's joined the team of omegas (due to the change of his powers), and will have an interesting sibling rivalry with Warpath/James Proudstar (his older brother).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMikey View Post
    Funny you ask... my boss has reinvented his character for this massive Marvel project, and he is set to become Ororo's love interest too!

So my boss says as soon as this project is fully launched we'll see a burst of character bios and info. the NEW Thunderbird/John Proudstar has a great new character narrative, bion he's joined the team of omegas (due to the change of his powers), and will have an interesting sibling rivalry with Warpath/James Proudstar (his older brother).
    Um... what?

Um... what?
    Well... there's a Marvel project narrative I am a part of, that should launch between July and Aug, with many fans plugged into it. the chief writer rewrote Thunderbird's character, to the point of him kinda being a new character, with only his code name and his birthname (John Proudstar) remaining the same. Hes not even Apache anymore, but "Pacific NW/Native Canadian" so his tribe would better match his codename.

however i DO love the new direction. the tribe selected (forgot the name) are of a culture that is HEAVILY centered on the Thunderbird mythos, his superpowers are now geo-magnetic (to include atmospheric manipulation, biotic energy manipulation) and even some shamanic powers too. him and Storm would also have a thing since their powers are similar, only his is far more massive in scale. Pairing them i think is good as Storm is like the weather goddess like and Thunderbird is the Thunderbird, and with a "goddess taming the beast" slight tone (as John has difficulty controlling his powers and learns a lot from Storm).

Incredible Member

This sounds like pretty high end fan fiction with the hope of selling a concept to Marvel.

Well... there's a Marvel project narrative I am a part of, that should launch between July and Aug, with many fans plugged into it. the chief writer rewrote Thunderbird's character, to the point of him kinda being a new character, with only his code name and his birthname (John Proudstar) remaining the same. Hes not even Apache anymore, but "Pacific NW/Native Canadian" so his tribe would better match his codename.

however i DO love the new direction. the tribe selected (forgot the name) are of a culture that is HEAVILY centered on the Thunderbird mythos, his superpowers are now geo-magnetic (to include atmospheric manipulation, biotic energy manipulation) and even some shamanic powers too. him and Storm would also have a thing since their powers are similar, only his is far more massive in scale. Pairing them i think is good as Storm is like the weather goddess like and Thunderbird is the Thunderbird, and with a "goddess taming the beast" slight tone (as John has difficulty controlling his powers and learns a lot from Storm).
    Wasn’t John Proudstar, Thunderbird, the original, depicted in the background of the bar scene in HoX/PoX, or X-Men? I don’t remember the issue off hand.

Also, as a reader, I don’t think resurrecting the original John Proudstar for anything is a great idea. He was much more useful as a tragic, cryptically referenced backstory for new readers to go search out and discover, especially so far back in the day before the internet and so many reprints. The 7-11 Slurpy Cup image was so much more useful in that regard than having him around as a character, especially so when his brother showed up.

Cockrum inking his own work is always so much better than what any other inker could do for him.

Also, I see you referencing your boss a bit on these boards. Are the X titles or X-Force ever going to make clear what happened to the citizens of Terra Verde?
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-22-2021 at 09:31 AM.

I cannot wait to see this new Thunderbird GMikey! Those new origins and powers will set him apart from others and make him more powerful/useful overall.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Fantastic Member

I will remain agnostic on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
    This sounds like pretty high end fan fiction with the hope of selling a concept to Marvel.
    Nope... its not like that. this is its own project, but due to popularity of the overall narrative's concept, personnel actually approached the writer herself, and EVEN made her an admin in Marvel Studio's official private fanclub. so shes not doing this to propose anything, if anything personnel have taken interest in her.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Wasn’t John Proudstar, Thunderbird, the original, depicted in the background of the bar scene in HoX/PoX, or X-Men? I don’t remember the issue off hand.

Also, as a reader, I don’t think resurrecting the original John Proudstar for anything is a great idea. He was much more useful as a tragic, cryptically referenced backstory for new readers to go search out and discover, especially so far back in the day before the internet and so many reprints. The 7-11 Slurpy Cup image was so much more useful in that regard than having him around as a character, especially so when his brother showed up.

Cockrum inking his own work is always so much better than what any other inker could do for him.

Also, I see you referencing your boss a bit on these boards. Are the X titles or X-Force ever going to make clear what happened to the citizens of Terra Verde?
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It looks like that Lagoon scene was with Warpath.

Also going by WRpath and Warlock’s conversation in the latest New Mutants, Thunderbird is not back yet.
    its not a resurrection of the original, its a reboot and reinvention of Thunderbird. his story, character arc, his powers, EVEN his tribe is all different.

Also there's a sibling rivalry thing between him and Warpath and even how James gets the name "Warpath" has to do with the rivalry they share.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I cannot wait to see this new Thunderbird GMikey! Those new origins and powers will set him apart from others and make him more powerful/useful overall.
    he is awesome. I love the redesign, new powers and all. its totally dififerent from the canon but gives something brand new for him. also i feel this vers of Thunderbird makes the best pairing for Ororo i've seen to date.

Nope... its not like that. this is its own project, but due to popularity of the overall narrative's concept, personnel actually approached the writer herself, and EVEN made her an admin in Marvel Studio's official private fanclub. so shes not doing this to propose anything, if anything personnel have taken interest in her.
    This is a giant word salad.

he is awesome. I love the redesign, new powers and all. its totally dififerent from the canon but gives something brand new for him. also i feel this vers of Thunderbird makes the best pairing for Ororo i've seen to date.
    Ok that's great for you and your boss... it really is. But you're talking in really confusing and vague terms while promoting your boss and her non-canon fan fiction.

The OP is here posting about Thunderbird's whereabouts in the comics published by Marvel. From what I've read on the forum here, people have mentioned that they've said Thunderbird/John Proudstar died before Xavier was doing Cerebro backups, so he can't be resurrected (as of yet). Also, the "mutant" and maybe "prime" Sinister was genetically modified (or something) with Thunderbird's DNA so he could pass as a mutant.
    Last edited by superjosh; 06-22-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

its not a resurrection of the original, its a reboot and reinvention of Thunderbird. his story, character arc, his powers, EVEN his tribe is all different.

Also there's a sibling rivalry thing between him and Warpath and even how James gets the name "Warpath" has to do with the rivalry they share.

Shouldn't you be concerned about causing trouble for your boss or yourself by leaking this info? If I was an editor for Marvel, I would immediately fire a freelancer who was responsible for leaking spoilers of upcoming stories.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    This is a giant word salad.
    Well... you were calling it a giant "fanfiction" so that's why I stated that Marvel Studios IS beginning to get involved with her project, AND has given her status already :P

Ok that's great for you and your boss... it really is. But you're talking in really confusing and vague terms while promoting your boss and her non-canon fan fiction.

The OP is here posting about Thunderbird's whereabouts in the comics published by Marvel. From what I've read on the forum here, people have mentioned that they've said Thunderbird/John Proudstar died before Xavier was doing Cerebro backups, so he can't be resurrected (as of yet). Also, the "mutant" and maybe "prime" Sinister was genetically modified (or something) with Thunderbird's DNA so he could pass as a mutant.
    Well it's so much more than some "non-canon fanfic" and its the nature of what this project is that literally has Marvel's attention. She's told me that, there are things in the works so, this may very soon appear in canon

I KNOW we're talking about the fact that Thunderbird's been dead for years now, but because there IS a version being developed now, I thought this would be a good thread to discuss with fans of the character, some of the ideas that are being put together, and get feedback for the revival of the character.

If your not interested thats fine, but do let who ever else might take interest do so.

Shouldn't you be concerned about causing trouble for your boss or yourself by leaking this info? If I was an editor for Marvel, I would immediately fire a freelancer who was responsible for leaking spoilers of upcoming stories.
    She's already informed me of what to spill and what not to. im only here to see IF there are any fans of the character that may be interested in the upcoming animated series that brings a revised version of the character back.

its BECAUSE his character underwent a LOT of changes due to being too similar to Wolverine, all I wanted was to simply share the ideas being brought to life, and discuss it with fans of the character.

Errr if they changed hus tribe to match his codename that's kiiiiinda gross
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-05-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Errr if they changed hus tribe to match his codename that's kiiiiinda gross
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL how the hell is that gross?

she did a lot of research when rewriting his character and even asked ppl that are very versed in indigenous cultures for pointers. The Apache from her research aren't wholly associated with the Thunderbird's myth like the Pacific NW ppl (forgot their name), and these ppl are pretty unique to explore culturally and changing John Proudstar's mutation to match the actual Thunderbird elevates him to Omega level of unlimited potential, enriches his backstory considerably with actual native mythos helping to break him from being a Logan knockoff, it grants a powerful rivalry with his brother Warpath, and it gives Storm a proper love interest (as ThunderStorm is gonna be a thing) to match her eventual goddess status.