Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    Why would he be waiting for his place in line? Many mutants that died after him were brought back already, is not like Thunderbird died a week before Krakoa was established. Also it is a plot hole because is not the reason that the editor of the line gave for him not being back. He said that he died before Cerebro was copying minds, which doesn't add up because Petra and Sway died before him. The guy died serving as an X-Man, is absurd that they haven't gotten to him if that's the reason, as he should have been a priority (and there is no way that James would not be visiting the Five almost every hour about him).
    Because there are millions of mutants to resurrect and its been said that it would take years before they can bring back everyone at the current rate. That doesnt even account for the current mutants that keep dying and get bumped up the queue

Why would he be waiting for his place in line? Many mutants that died after him were brought back already, is not like Thunderbird died a week before Krakoa was established. Also it is a plot hole because is not the reason that the editor of the line gave for him not being back. He said that he died before Cerebro was copying minds, which doesn't add up because Petra and Sway died before him. The guy died serving as an X-Man, is absurd that they haven't gotten to him if that's the reason, as he should have been a priority (and there is no way that James would not be visiting the Five almost every hour about him).
    I think you are right, I’m wondering about it and I happen to find your points quite valid.
    Last edited by Daedra; 07-06-2021 at 06:14 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Because there are millions of mutants to resurrect and its been said that it would take years before they can bring back everyone at the current rate. That doesnt even account for the current mutants that keep dying and get bumped up the queue
    But once again, why would a mutant who died as an X-MAN be so far back in the queque? Yes, I understand that there are millions of mutants waiting in line, but if Sway and Petra were already brought back, is absurd to think that John would be so far back. They brought back Morlocks, the Hellions, marauders and even Nasty Boys, you cannot tell me that any of them would be more important to bring back than him. The fact that the main editor of the line gave a reason that doesn't hold water when considering that mutants that died before him are back already and have nothing to do with his place in line is what leads me to believe that there was a screw up there, as is imposible for the deadly genesis mutants to be back if we take that explanation as valid .
    Last edited by Technopriest; 07-06-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Looks like they're doubling down on John not being able to be resurrected in today's X-Men #1.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Looks like they're doubling down on John not being able to be resurrected in today's X-Men #1.
    That just does not make sense to me? Unless they feel that they already have James. I mean he was basically created just to replace Johns as they had the same powers. But his resurrection would have more weight to it considering how and when he died. Also with his strong personality, he would be a very interesting character. They also could change his powers a bit from James. He doesn't have to be as strong but make him faster in running with quicker reflexes. James could be the Thunder and he the lightening. I just hope it not that the creator consciously or subconsciously have not done so because of his character being a Native American. To me as an old school X-Men fan, his resurrection is waaay more important than the vast majority of characters that have been resurrected.

But once again, why would a mutant who died as an X-MAN be so far back in the queque? Yes, I understand that there are millions of mutants waiting in line, but if Sway and Petra were already brought back, is absurd to think that John would be so far back. They brought back Morlocks, the Hellions, marauders and even Nasty Boys, you cannot tell me that any of them would be more important to bring back than him. The fact that the main editor of the line gave a reason that doesn't hold water when considering that mutants that died before him are back already and have nothing to do with his place in line is what leads me to believe that there was a screw up there, as is imposible for the deadly genesis mutants to be back if we take that explanation as valid .
    I dont know. I cant see anyone really advocating for him other than Warpath and he carries no clout. The Morlocks, Hellions and Maraurders all have personal connections to QC members which does stand for something. It may not be fair but it is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Yeah I saw that Scott mentioned about "his sacrifice" and remembering the fallen mutants. But it still doesn't make much sense, hopefully they address this soon.
    AKA The Minutman Refugee aka Blaquesmith aka DaSynchster!

Yeah, that bugs me…. It can be claimed that they didn’t have the backup tech yet when he died, but Petra and Sway died before him AND he could have been backed up when he was resurrected in Necrosha (didn’t Jordan even mention that somewhere?). Changeling has also been spotted… though I wish he’d get the opportunity to evolve into Morph like in AOA and Exiles.

So… who ARE the ones being remembered other than Thunderbird?

Yeah, it doesn't make sense that Thunderbird hasn't been brought back yet. Concerning Petra and Sway, I think they were brought back for Vulcan, and as an Omega, he gets priority.

I finding off putting his brother is not showing more concern over why he hasn't been brought back at all.

Also they won't bring him back but they will name a plane after him? I mean really? You want to show thanks for his sacrifice? BRING HIM BACK YOU NUMBSKULLS!!!

Extraordinary Member

They are making plans to bring Lourdes Chantel back..and she was killed before Cerebro...but not John.

He's listed as alive in XoSwords handbook

GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    They are making plans to bring Lourdes Chantel back..and she was killed before Cerebro...but not John.
    Id hold off on that as we dont know how or if she truly is back

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    He's listed as alive in XoSwords handbook

no canon. He's been confirmed as dead in the book as as recently as yesterday
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-08-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

See this is the thing for me. Is Marvel not wanting to bring him back because we have "enough" native american rep, or is this more a case of they just "forgot"? Because to me I would think that top priority in this situation with not only James would be his former team mates. I would think the likes of Ororo, Kurt, Scott and Logan, even Banshee would be very much "Hey we want James back. He deserves a chance."

Oh how nice we named a plane after him, such a BS move. And you can't say that they have a Thunderbird, because as far as I know there hasn't been one since the third was there back in the early 2000s. And you can't play an Uncle Ben on this, and you can't point to Bucky or Gwen because they're both back in various ways. So what reason does Marvel have to not have him back? You don't even need to play him in any huge roles, just have him come back, celebration and then put him in the background with James, since that's been what they've been doing for years anyway.