Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

Why do people ask fo historian precedent? The real world is not comics. You expecting someone to come up with a comparable real life example of an Omega level mutant commiting genocide?

But using the gun example. If someone creates a gun that ONLY kills a specific minority group of people and someone else uses those guns, the person who created them should be responsible.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 06-22-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    First of all don’t order me around, second I don’t have to compare apples with oranges, until humans will start building giant killer robots for real this argument will be relegated to the fiction of comic books
    Well, okay then. In the fiction of the Marvel Universe and X-Men, I assume historical precedents there on genocides and declaring yourselves ruler of the world apply. Unleash the the war on Krakoa that they have asked for with the Mars maneuver and Terra Verde. Those are at least Dr. Doom-level offenses. The Krakoans drew first blood. Time to let the baddies on Krakoa have it.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Why do people ask fo historian precedent? The real world is not comics. You expecting someone to come up with a comparable real life example of an Omega level mutant commiting genocide?

But using the gun example. If someone creates a gun that ONLY kills a specific minority group of people and someone else uses those guns, the person who created them should be responsible.
    It has been shown repeatedly that the models prior to Nimrod, or maybe the Wild Sentinels, do not have to be programmed against mutants. That’s a choice the wielder of the Sentinels makes.

Astonishing Member

Not gonna lie, I’m vaguely impressed that there are enough Inhumans fans out there that they are still being asked about (and acre AIPT for fandom shaming)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    The problem is X-Force is the Krakoan military. You can’t separate out some of our favorite former heroes from the baddies anymore. Jean Grey actively orchestrated the cover up of Crimes Against Humanity.
    They're the "CIA" of Krakoa, not the military. This is Percy's quote and I remember being very intrigued by it because we knew going in that the lines would be very blurred.

"X-Force is not merely a team of mutants; it’s the mutant CIA. And some underhanded operations will take place, involving surveillance, blackmail, bribery, assassination. They are not beholden to the same commandments as the rest of the mutant nation."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    They're the "CIA" of Krakoa, not the military. This is Percy's quote and I remember being very intrigued by it because we knew going in that the lines would be very blurred.

"X-Force is not merely a team of mutants; it’s the mutant CIA. And some underhanded operations will take place, involving surveillance, blackmail, bribery, assassination. They are not beholden to the same commandments as the rest of the mutant nation."
    Plenty of country’s hold the U.S., rightfully or wrongly, in contempt for the actions and history of the CIA. These countries do rightfully regard the CIA as carrying out the policies of the US government, because that’s what the CIA does. Whether those policies are right or wrong is another matter.

If the CIA inadvertently caused a genocide, which to my knowledge it has not, and anyone could manage to hold the US accountable for it, they would.

Inasmuch as there is no standing army on Krakoa or a recognizable regular one with the Arakki, X-Force is the defacto military of Krakoa, IMO. If you want to stick with it being an intelligence agency with blackops as opposed to a military operation, okay, but it’s still part of the Krakoan government and carrying out Krakoan policy. As a nation-state agency of Krakoa, it only represents Krakoa’s policies, no other country’s. So, what happened in Terra Verde is Krakoan state policy.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I'm not sure you understand the role of the CIA if you think the US isn't responsible for the things the CIA does

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'm not sure you understand the role of the CIA if you think the US isn't responsible for the things the CIA does
    You say it so much better and succinctly than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Plenty of country’s hold the U.S., rightfully or wrongly, in contempt for the actions and history of the CIA. These countries do rightfully regard the CIA as carrying out the policies of the US government, because that’s what the CIA does. Whether those policies are right or wrong is another matter.

If the CIA inadvertently caused a genocide, which to my knowledge it has not, and anyone could manage to hold the US accountable for it, they would.

Inasmuch as there is no standing army on Krakoa or a recognizable regular one with the Arakki, X-Force is the defacto military of Krakoa, IMO. If you want to stick with it being an intelligence agency with blackops as opposed to a military operation, okay, but it’s still part of the Krakoan government and carrying out Krakoan policy. As a nation-state agency of Krakoa, it only represents Krakoa’s policies, no other country’s. So, what happened in Terra Verde is Krakoan state policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I made no claims of who is responsible for what, just that X-Force is not their "military". In fact I haven't made any comments on what Beast did because it's not clear enough for me yet and I want to see what happens. They're designed specifically for black ops. It's very different than a military.

Emma is just learning what happened so as they look into it and the QC decides how they want to act, then I can make a more informed comment on who is responsible for what. They may punish Beast or they may not, we don't know yet. It's purposely being made ambiguous.
    Last edited by JB; 06-22-2021 at 05:26 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I presume that one of those two women kissing is Domina.

Looks like Animax, maybe? No idea who she is about to kiss though.

This remark proves the point I've been making about Omega classification artificially limiting characters' options on what stories can be told and how.

I think at one point we were joking about growing Madrox to an enormous size and having him hold onto it and duplicate himself. But the fact that he’s not an omega-level mutant, we were like, well, we don’t want to include him for that reason. Nothing against him, he’s amazing. But we were like, “No, this is an omega-level job, this is the omega circuit.” So we left him out of it.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Because Omegas have to be flash, even when on paper the character should be an Omega since they're the best