Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    M.A.D maybe?

The worlds leaders just watched Magneto throw a shit ton of iron into a planets core from outer space. The retaliation for doing something as silly and pointless as nuking Krakoa would be absurdly apocalyptic.
    Usually it should work that way but genosha got destroyed and there were no real consequences, to retaliate you need to know who’s responsible for striking first meanwhile your nation is in ruins and all the mutant haters are coming out of the woodwork to finish the job just like post m-day.

Hope they have special contingencies in place and protocols in the eventuality of shit hitting the fan
    Last edited by Daedra; 06-22-2021 at 09:12 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Bingo.

And after the possible Terra Verdean genocide and declaration of themselves as rulers of everything under the sun, literally, they may have it coming.
    I'm really starting to love the titles you give our mutants.

Very cool indeed that Jordan pitched the Mars idea to other Marvel editors and writers and they were like, "woah."
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I wonder if the Arraki will be Hixman’s version of the Morlocks…because ZOMEGAS being massacred instantly turns the bad guys into real ass threats.

Also, the Isca hate train is tired. She’s a cute gworl. She’s a winner. The girlies on the train must not be that.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How is it possible that Victor Von Doom and Tony Stark were able to set foot on the island without a Krakoan flower?
    The gala is not on Krakoa, it's on an island that Magneto procured for Emma Frost. So anyone can get there without using the gates. Krakoan flowers let others use the gates to come to the gala island.

Bingo.

And after the possible Terra Verdean genocide and declaration of themselves as rulers of everything under the sun, literally, they may have it coming.
    I need some serious clarification on this. At first it seemed like everybody died, but now it seems like they’re alive but Beast is controlling them? Like are they dead on the inside or could Beast easily cure them now?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I need some serious clarification on this. At first it seemed like everybody died, but now it seems like they’re alive but Beast is controlling them? Like are they dead on the inside or could Beast easily cure them now?
    I mean from the latest issue it seems like they're plants with human skinsuits.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm really starting to love the titles you give our mutants.

Very cool indeed that Jordan pitched the Mars idea to other Marvel editors and writers and they were like, "woah."
    I think it has to be a significant moment in the MU as a whole. Sure others have taken over existing planetary colonies but this might be the first time they've created one from basically nothing. And the fact that Mutants were the ones to do it well...that a major FLEX throughout the MU.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I'm really starting to love the titles you give our mutants. ...
    Thank you. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Usually it should work that way but genosha got destroyed and there were no real consequences, to retaliate you need to know who’s responsible for striking first meanwhile your nation is in ruins and all the mutant haters are coming out of the woodwork to finish the job just like post m-day.

Hope they have special contingencies in place and protocols in the eventuality of shit hitting the fan
    Genosha also didn't have every Omega Level mutant know to man, the gates, Mars, two space stations and Forge's technology.

Genosha is a farcry from Krakoa. This is assuming nukes would even make it past Magneto he's caught and tracked faster ojects objects from greater distances.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I was a bit confused on it, too.

Reading X-Force #10 multiple times over, I think Beast’s and X-Force’s actions resulted in killing all the Terra Verdeans. I think they were basically dead by the time X-Force arrived. I think this especially so if you look at the pictures of Wolverine in the temple at the end of the battle, surrounded by what appear to be dead people. In the text, it sort of makes it sound like X-Force saves the day, but that’s not what is shown. Also, the text maybe just referencing the saving of humanity in general from telefloronics and X-Force from the monsters Beast created, not saving the Terra Verdeans who sure look dead.

At the Gala, it’s clear Beast is using modified telefloronics to control the president of Terra Verde. And we know — we KNOW — he was dead. That tells me, it’s the plants re-animating or imitating this dead man. That’s also what convinced me the Terra Verdeans are all dead, or at least the zombified, plant equivalent. Emma’s reaction to this news at the Gala also shows this is what happened. Emma understands the gravity of what Beast and X-Force have done.

Make no mistake, either, this is Krakoan government policy, whether Emma likes it or not. X-Force is more than just some spies like the NSA or CIA. They’re also blackops soldiers. Of course, the CIA runs blackops too, but that just means it is government policy too for the US. X-Force can claim to be “off the books” all they want, but they report direct to Xavier and the Quiet Council. Beast, Jean, Quint, Wolverine, Domino, and Black Tom are some of the highest up and most trusted members of the Krakoan government and military. They are Krakoa’s military. The Krakoan government committed genocide, or at least slaughter and Crimes Against Humanity.

There were some on this board like Ring10, who I usually disagree with, pointing things like this out for weeks or months. I have to admit, he was right. I was wrong. The X-Men have broken very bad, indeed.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-22-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post

The Genoshan genocide was caused by Xavier’s evil, unborn twin, not by another nation state. Xavier’s unborn twin paid the price. There’s no one else to punish for it.

The Genoshan genocide was caused by Xavier’s evil, unborn twin, not by another nation state. Xavier’s unborn twin paid the price. There’s no one else to punish for it.
    The evil twin used weapons created by most governments to attack their own citizens (mutants). I wouldn't say Cassy Nova is the only one responsible.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

I presume that one of those two women kissing is Domina.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    The evil twin used weapons created by most governments to attack their own citizens (mutants). I wouldn't say Cassy Nova is the only one responsible.
    Bolivar and Larry Trask created those Sentinels, not a government agency. Also, in the 75+ years of such crimes being recognized, weapons makers have never been charged with war crimes except for use of slave labor or being high enough up in the command chain with awareness and support of the actual crime being committed. No one has ever been tried for genocide or Crimes Against Humanity for building weapons without knowledge of the crimes themselves. Also, Bolivar and Larry were dead by the time of the Genoshan massacre. So, no, there is no one else to hold accountable except Casandra Nova, and she was dealt with harshly.
    Last edited by Brian B; 06-22-2021 at 11:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Bolivar and Larry Trask created those Sentinels, not a government agency. Also, in the 75+ years of such crimes being recognized, weapons makers have never been charged with war crimes except for use of slave labor or being high enough up in the command chain with awareness and support of the actual crime being committed. No one has ever been tried for genocide or Crimes Against Humanity for building weapons without knowledge of the crimes themselves. Also, Bolivar and Larry were dead by the time of the Genoshan massacre. So, no, there is no one else to hold accountable except Casandra Nova, and she was dealt with harshly.
    It's a known fact that human goverments funded Sentinel research and other anti mutants organizations.