Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not necessarily.
    It is.If it's so good then people would not complain.There are many with this and people have pointed these out, you may not agree but that doesn't invalidate the issue.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It is.If it's so good then people would not complain.There are many with this and people have pointed these out, you may not agree but that doesn't invalidate the issue.
    But older fans often just complain about changes. It being a common complaint doesn't make it correct

Extraordinary Member

But older fans often just complain about changes. It being a common complaint doesn't make it correct
    Nope.People make many valid points about this.You are dismissing the validity of opinions that differ from yours and using this as an excuse.

Ultimate Member

Nope.People make many valid points about this.You are dismissing the validity of opinions that differ from yours and using this as an excuse.
    No I'm not. I haven't seen much of anything objective here. What are the valid points?

Extraordinary Member

No I'm not. I haven't seen much of anything objective here. What are the valid points?
    Bruh I(and many others) have posted so many and you ignore them or say it's not valid.Go back in this thread and a couple others(like the complaining about diversity thread in Marvel comics community) for a lot of these.There are pages full of them.I won't keep typing stuff for you to ignore and then get back on the same topic again and dismiss previous points.

And the fact that you think an opinion other than your's isn't correct says a lot about that.You are the one not being objective.I have repeatedly posted big para's as to why legacy characters when done like Miles don't work and problems with Miles himself based on factual arguments(like his supporting cast, rogue's gallery, getting everything handed on a silver platter,etc.).

If you want to agree to disagree it cool but you can't say that the other side isn't valid when they clearly are.The sheer number of fans who agree alone prove this.

Ultimate Member

Bruh I(and many others) have posted so many and you ignore them or say it's not valid.Go back in this thread and a couple others(like the complaining about diversity thread in Marvel comics community) for a lot of these.There are pages full of them.I won't keep typing stuff for you to ignore and then get back on the same topic again and dismiss previous points.

And the fact that you think an opinion other than your's isn't correct says a lot about that.You are the one not being objective.I have repeatedly posted big para's as to why legacy characters when done like Miles don't work and problems with Miles himself based on factual arguments(like his supporting cast, rogue's gallery, getting everything handed on a silver platter,etc.).

If you want to agree to disagree it cool but you can't say that the other side isn't valid when they clearly are.The sheer number of fans who agree alone prove this.
    I've seen your arguments and they're just subjective. You're taking one character you've questioned, Miles, and extrapolating that onto the whole idea of legacy characters. You're not being objective at all.

And it's not like Peter got handed a bunch of things too. I'm disagreeing with you because I don't think all of your arguments are valid.

Extraordinary Member

I've seen your arguments and they're just subjective. You're taking one character you've questioned, Miles, and extrapolating that onto the whole idea of legacy characters. You're not being objective at all.

And it's not like Peter got handed a bunch of things too. I'm disagreeing with you because I don't think all of your arguments are valid.
    Not really.I just pointed many out that aren't.
    The fact that you think Peter got anything handed shows that, I have given many examples of how Miles never earned anything he's got.It's the opposite for Peter.

Most of them are.

Anyways i have no interest going this route again.Agree to disagree

Ultimate Member

Not really.I just pointed many out that aren't.
    The fact that you think Peter got anything handed shows that, I have given many examples of how Miles never earned anything he's got.It's the opposite for Peter.

Most of them are.

Anyways i have no interest going this route again.Agree to disagree
    Fine. We'll agree to disagree.

Extraordinary Member

Fine. We'll agree to disagree.
    Agreed.I wanted to say I do respect you a lot and hope to see you around.

Also https://www.instagram.com/p/CRoolzRsZ1o/

More than 1500 people agree that Spider-verse is overdone in just 10 hours.There clearly is a problem here.

Ultimate Member

Agreed.I wanted to say I do respect you a lot and hope to see you around.

Also https://www.instagram.com/p/CRoolzRsZ1o/

More than 1500 people agree that Spider-verse is overdone in just 10 hours.There clearly is a problem here.
    Ok. But that's not exactly a scientific poll. It's fine if people don't like the idea. But I personally can't gauge how big a percentage of the fandom that is in real life.

Extraordinary Member

Ok. But that's not exactly a scientific poll. It's fine if people don't like the idea. But I personally can't gauge how big a percentage of the fandom that is in real life.
    It's a much larger audience than here.Also we can't really ever gauge this stuff accurately even if Marvel themselves did the pole.

And this was also to prove the point of how many people dislike it true.

It's clearly an issue and the further we go the clearer it becomes.One may like it but that doesn't mean that the problem isn't real.

Specially since the number of people we have seen that think this is a problem far outweigh ones that do not.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Spider totems, Spider verse, Spider-Man really has come a long way from a kid getting bitten by a Spider. I still feel Spider-Man’s best stories tend to be more grounded street level faire though. How do you feel about how the franchise has grown in the last 20 years?
    Very odd for me at least. It seems like a bunch of people shoehorned into his world that really had no connection with him like that. I'm really basing this off of Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter. These characters worked independent from him and had their own things going on, yet now have been tied to him. Like, are they even friends like that?

Characters like Silk and Miles I understand because to a large degree they have connections to Peter, so do Kaine and Ben. All these characters have actual dealing with Peter and heavily involved in his lore. Spider woman characters in general just don't have that connection to Peter to me. (which for some reason is hilarious to me) Arana also fits in this no connection to Peter really category. I think they are working on it to make it more believable, but I'm not there quite yet with them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    Very odd for me at least. It seems like a bunch of people shoehorned into his world that really had no connection with him like that. I'm really basing this off of Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter. These characters worked independent from him and had their own things going on, yet now have been tied to him. Like, are they even friends like that?

Characters like Silk and Miles I understand because to a large degree they have connections to Peter, so do Kaine and Ben. All these characters have actual dealing with Peter and heavily involved in his lore. Spider woman characters in general just don't have that connection to Peter to me. (which for some reason is hilarious to me) Arana also fits in this no connection to Peter really category. I think they are working on it to make it more believable, but I'm not there quite yet with them.
    Many of them aren't.And the ones that are are being seperated.

Miles rarely teams up with Pete even though they should have a mentor student relationship.Silk also hasn't teamed up with him for a while.Same with Ben and Kaine.Neither does Anya.Julia does but she's rarely ever there.

Spider-fam is a bad take on the Spider-verse.They shouldn't be in the 616 at all and an even worse execution at that.

Ultimate Member

It's a much larger audience than here.Also we can't really ever gauge this stuff accurately even if Marvel themselves did the pole.

And this was also to prove the point of how many people dislike it true.

It's clearly an issue and the further we go the clearer it becomes.One may like it but that doesn't mean that the problem isn't real.

Specially since the number of people we have seen that think this is a problem far outweigh ones that do not.
    How do you know those complaining about it outweigh those who don't?

Extraordinary Member

How do you know those complaining about it outweigh those who don't?
    I have sited many videos with the comments and stuff like the above post.You have sited nothing.
    You keep questioning the validity of statements even when backed with proof and provide nothing for yours.
    The question is how do you know most people don't dislike this.

This here being a)multiple Spider-people in 616
    b)Spider-verse and Spider-fam increasing in most adaptations like T.V. shows