Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Green lantern is a thing they are called because it is a title.
    Spider-man was created by Peter parker and has done the most for it by a gigantic margin.
    Because he's been around longer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    No it's basic logic, it's why parents with multiple children don't give them all the same name, you're trying call it OCD but no it just makes sense.
    Then you're trying Green Lantern as a comparison and it's way off, because Green Lantern is a title in an organization, it's not anywhere near the same as Spider-Man a name Peter made for himself, and another hole in your logic is the fact Green Lanterns don't just call each other Green Lantern they call each other by their names if you see Hal Jordan and Guy Gardener together in a book they aren't calling each other "Green Lantern" their teammates won't be saying it, they're going to be saying "Hal" and "Guy", which isn't option for Peter and Miles since their identities are supposed to be secret.
    And there's a vast difference between two people having the same first name and two using the same codename, especially when said codename was used by one person for decades, and it was unilaterally associated with that person and someone else used it simply because they're too uncreative to make name for themselves
    Damn you staright killing it with the facts.
    It works for hawkeyes and wolverines but not for Spider-man.
    That's why in every other interpretation when in the same universe he had a different name.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Because he's been around longer
    Even take the first 10 years.
    Howe many times do I have to type this my guy.
    Tell me what Miles has done in these 10 years compared to Peter.

Ultimate Member

Damn you staright killing it with the facts.
    It works for hawkeyes and wolverines but not for Spider-man.
    That's why in every other interpretation when in the same universe he had a different name.
    Does it though? Or is it just some people don't want it to? Personally, I'm ok with either way

Even take the first 10 years.
    Howe many times do I have to type this my guy.
    Tell me what Miles has done in these 10 years compared to Peter.
    Yeah, I got that part. But Miles still has time to do more. And while Peter's first 10 years were definitive, I still think he's had other nearly as iconic moments later on. So it's possible Miles may get that as well. A lot of characters took a while to get developed. Think of Daredevil, or even the original X-Men.
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 06-25-2021 at 05:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I got that part. But Miles still has time to do more. And while Peter's first 10 years were definitive, I still think he's had other nearly as iconic moments later on. So it's possible Miles may get that as well. A lot of characters took a while to get developed. Think of Daredevil, or even the original X-Men.
    For sure.
    But he would never have been as popular if not for Spider-man.
    DD and X-men made their path.Miles has been piggybacking Spider-mans success.
    As a character he is not compelling and only sells because of Spider-man and the fact that his movie was good and has a decent solo game(also launched with the ps5) and is being pushed hard by marvel.
    Not only has his character done nothing of note his current direction isn't promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I also think what immediately would make Peter more of a unique and arguably even better mentor than others is that he lets his teenage protégé use the same name as him. It's not Batman and Robin, or Flash and Kid Flash, it's Spider-Man and Spider-Man. Not that that hasn't been done before (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop share the name Hawkeye, after all) but it's not done as often and it's almost never done with a high-profile superhero. Even Captain Marvel only gave Kamala Khan approval to use her old name Miss Marvel and not the Captain Marvel status.
    But that's probably why we don't really see them as a tighter mentor/protege dynamic.

Besides, Kamala wanted to use the Ms. Marvel name.

Astonishing Member

For sure.
    As a character he is not compelling and only sells because of Spider-man and the fact that his movie was good and has a decent solo game(also launched with the ps5) and is being pushed hard by marvel.
    Not only has his character done nothing of note his current direction isn't promising.
    I'm starting to see the circular logic here.

"He isn't immediately popular, so he can never be popular." Is that what you're saying?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I'm starting to see the circular logic here.

"He isn't immediately popular, so he can never be popular." Is that what you're saying?
    No I'm saying that he should be a better character if he is gonna be a part of the Spider-man legacy.

I'm saying the only reason he got traction is because they attached the name Spider-name to him.As a character he is bland and boring.Peter on the other hand stood on his own two legs and made Spider-man who he is today.

The haven't made any improvements to him in infact they took away what little he had in the 1610.

Astonishing Member

No I'm saying that he should be a better character if he is gonna be a part of the Spider-man legacy.

I'm saying the only reason he got traction is because they attached the name Spider-name to him.As a character he is bland and boring.Peter on the other hand stood on his own two legs and made Spider-man who he is today.

The haven't made any improvements to him in infact they took away what little he had in the 1610.
    Yeah, I don't see logic working with you.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I also think what immediately would make Peter more of a unique and arguably even better mentor than others is that he lets his teenage protégé use the same name as him. It's not Batman and Robin, or Flash and Kid Flash, it's Spider-Man and Spider-Man. Not that that hasn't been done before (Clint Barton and Kate Bishop share the name Hawkeye, after all) but it's not done as often and it's almost never done with a high-profile superhero. Even Captain Marvel only gave Kamala Khan approval to use her old name Miss Marvel and not the Captain Marvel status.
    This is a really good point. I really do love the fact that Clint and Kate share a same superhero name.

Does it though? Or is it just some people don't want it to? Personally, I'm ok with either way
    I'm pretty sure it's just because some people want it to.

#facts
    Last edited by phonogram12; 06-25-2021 at 09:18 AM.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Ultimate Member

For sure.
    Well, the point of Miles is to be a legacy, so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against him. It's more about what's done with him now and in the future

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    This is a really good point. I really do love the fact that Clint and Kate share a same superhero name.

I'm pretty sure it's just because some people want it to.

#facts
    I'm fine whether Miles gets a different name or not. As for whether he's iconic, almost nobody became as iconic as Spider-Man did in the beginning. But I think Miles still has potential

Extraordinary Member

Well, the point of Miles is to be a legacy, so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against him. It's more about what's done with him now and in the future

I'm fine whether Miles gets a different name or not. As for whether he's iconic, almost nobody became as iconic as Spider-Man did in the beginning. But I think Miles still has potential
    I'm just saying he needs to do better if he is gonna be part of the legacy.

I agree.The Spider-man legacy is one of if not the largest shoes to fill.
    But Miles('s writers) isn't even trying

Ultimate Member

I'm just saying he needs to do better if he is gonna be part of the legacy.

I agree.The Spider-man legacy is one of if not the largest shoes to fill.
    But Miles('s writers) isn't even trying
    Idk, maybe he needs a new writer

Extraordinary Member

Idk, maybe he needs a new writer
    His writer is fine.
    They just need to change direction

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, I don't see logic working with you.
    So you are out of points and wanna play the "you don't understand ,stupid" card.
    Sure thing bud, enjoy living in your delusions