Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I have sited many videos with the comments and stuff like the above post.You have sited nothing.
    You keep questioning the validity of statements even when backed with proof and provide nothing for yours.
    The question is how do you know most people don't dislike this.

This here being a)multiple Spider-people in 616
    b)Spider-verse and Spider-fam increasing in most adaptations like T.V. shows
    These are just internet comments. They don't necessarily reflect real life.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    These are just internet comments. They don't necessarily reflect real life.
    Again you have posted no proof or source and only try to discredit mine.
    Internet is the best reflection we have rn, unless you have a better one?
    And please give some source to your argument, you have none and I have provided a lot.

Ultimate Member

Again you have posted no proof or source and only try to discredit mine.
    Internet is the best reflection we have rn, unless you have a better one?
    And please give some source to your argument, you have none and I have provided a lot.
    What proof are you looking for? These arguments are subjective.

You do realize the internet can magnify an opinion to make it seem more prominent than it is, right?

Extraordinary Member

What proof are you looking for? These arguments are subjective.

You do realize the internet can magnify an opinion to make it seem more prominent than it is, right?
    Cool.But don't deny my point when I have backed it up with both proof in facts and audience.

At least I provided something.You're just talking with no backbone to your argument whatsoever.

At least provide something similar to what I have.Or just say that it's your POV and you don't know if it's a popular one or not.

And Internet can't magnify an opinion by much at this low a level.It's just 1000-2000+ people agreeing that Spider-verse and Spider-fam is overrated af.

And these are excuses.I don't mean to to be harsh but you started this by saying that people who have a problem with this are not valid and I have proved to you they are indeed valid not just by arguments(which you dismissed) but by sheer strength in numbers.

I've already shown you mine is popular.Please reply with something concrete.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-23-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Cool.But don't deny my point when I have backed it up with both proof in facts and audience.

At least I provided something.You're just talking with no backbone to your argument whatsoever.

At least provide something similar to what I have.Or just say that it's your POV and you don't know if it's a popular one or not.

And Internet can't magnify an opinion by much at this low a level.It's just 1000-2000+ people agreeing that Spider-verse and Spider-fam is overrated af.

And these are excuses.I don't mean to to be harsh but you started this by saying that people who have a problem with this are not valid and I have proved to you they are indeed valid not just by arguments(which you dismissed) but by sheer strength in numbers.

I've already shown you mine is popular.Please reply with something concrete.
    I already said it's my PoV. But my point was I didn't a lot of the arguments I saw were valid. A lot of it just seemed like the same subjective dislike levelled at any new characters taking away attention from the one who've been around forever. And your argument is just based on internet numbers. Even 2000 isn't necessarily representative of the fanbase. I don't have that kind of data myself, and I can't be sure the data you found is sufficient. It's fine if they think Spider-verse/fam is overrated. That's their opinions. I don't agree and I haven't heard much of anything yet giving me reason to agree with that assessment.

Extraordinary Member

I already said it's my PoV. But my point was I didn't a lot of the arguments I saw were valid. A lot of it just seemed like the same subjective dislike levelled at any new characters taking away attention from the one who've been around forever. And your argument is just based on internet numbers. Even 2000 isn't necessarily representative of the fanbase. I don't have that kind of data myself, and I can't be sure the data you found is sufficient. It's fine if they think Spider-verse/fam is overrated. That's their opinions. I don't agree and I haven't heard much of anything yet giving me reason to agree with that assessment.
    Fair enough.

1)You can't decide what is valid when you have much more people against said thing.You can dismiss all arguments you want but numbers isn't something that you can....

2)And as far as it stands I have shown popular support for my opinion.You haven't shown anything.

Ultimate Member

Fair enough.

1)You can't decide what is valid when you have much more people against said thing.You can dismiss all arguments you want but numbers isn't something that you can....

2)And as far as it stands I have shown popular support for my opinion.You haven't shown anything.
    Well, personally, I don't think the Spider-verse concept ia overrated. I like the numerous Spider-heroes well enough even though I don't like everything about then and think the concept can do better

Popular support isn't necessarily good evidence for an argument, anyway. Disliking some of what's been done with Spider-heroes doesn't really translate to the Spider-family as a whole being overrated IMO

Extraordinary Member

Well, personally, I don't think the Spider-verse concept ia overrated. I like the numerous Spider-heroes well enough even though I don't like everything about then and think the concept can do better

Popular support isn't necessarily good evidence for an argument, anyway. Disliking some of what's been done with Spider-heroes doesn't really translate to the Spider-family as a whole being overrated IMO
    Cool.Most people do.

You tried to dismiss most of my arguments as invalid so I showed you audience.And Spider-family is the thing that is overrated.That is the proof I have provided.

You can't deny that there is a problem and that many if not most people feel the same without backing up your argument which you haven't.
    You can say you don't mind it but most people do and with good reason.

Mighty Member

Fair enough.

Lol, 2000 likes on instragram is not popular opinion, it just means that there exists some people who share your opinion.

A tweet from Discussing films about Jake Johndon confirmimg his role for ITSV 2 got 5000 like in 5 hours and is at nearly 7000 likes at 8 hours.

Additionally, youtubers are getting tens of thousands of views just based on the speculation the Far From Home might introduce the Spider-Verse.

Just as there are some people who like the Spider verse concept some don't. When ITSV came out there was a youtuber who had always hated Miles trashed it and got thousands of views and likes, that didn't stop the movie from making millions.

Popular opinion is how many people are going to see the next movie or buy the video games the majority of people who enjoy the spiderverse concept are generally not going to particapte in these arguments.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 07-23-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    Lol, 2000 likes on instragram is not popular opinion, it just means that there exists some people who share your opinion.

A tweet from Discussing films about Jake Johndon confirmimg his role for ITSV 2 got 5000 like in 5 hours and is at nearly 7000 likes at 8 hours.

Additionally, youtubers are getting tens of thousands of views just based on the speculation the Far From Home might introduce the Spider-Verse.

Just as there are some people who like the Spider verse concept some don't. When ITSV came out there was a youtuber who had always hated Miles trashed it and got thousands of views and likes, that didn't stop the movie from making millions.

Popular opinion is how many people are going to see the next movie or buy the video games the majority of people who enjoy the spiderverse concept are generally not going to particapte in these arguments.
    Do you not understand that my point is not about the movie franchise.
    It's about how it's being jammed into every medium like the T.V. shows.I f*cking love ITSV and can't wait for more.
    And how in comics they keep adding every semi-popular spidey into 616 when they should be on their own Earths.

Mighty Member

Do you not understand that my point is not about the movie franchise.
    It's about how it's being jammed into every medium like the T.V. shows.I f*cking love ITSV and can't wait for more.
    And how in comics they keep adding every semi-popular spidey into 616 when they should be on their own Earths.
    And my point is you are trying to use likes on a post as proof that your view is popular when most people don't care and won't engage. While some people share that view the vast majority of casual consumers don't.

Extraordinary Member

And my point is you are trying to use likes on a post as proof that your view is popular when most people don't care and won't engage. While some people share that view the vast majority of casual consumers don't.
    No.
    Look at the shows that have Spider-fam vs ones that don't.
    Marvel's Spider-man and Ultimate Spider-man T.V. shows are disliked by a lot whereas Spectacular,TNAS,90's are loved.

And while I provide some proof you provide absolutely nothing to back your statement.

Mighty Member

No.
    Look at the shows that have Spider-fam vs ones that don't.
    Marvel's Spider-man and Ultimate Spider-man T.V. shows are disliked by a lot whereas Spectacular,TNAS,90's are loved.

And while I provide some proof you provide absolutely nothing to back your statement.
    Marvel's Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man have issues that hardcore fans dislike, including myself that have nothing to do with the Spider-Verse but as far as the general audience is concern neither of these series are hated as much as the fandom would like to believe.
    According to Google users;
    Spider-Man 90s - 87%
    Spectaular - 89%
    TNAS - 83%
    Marvel's SM - 79%
    Ultimate - 85%

IMDB User score
    Spider-Man 90s - 8.4
    Spectular- 8.2
    TNAS - 7.0
    Marvel's - 6.1
    Ultimate - 7.2

Not that I believe that this is scientific data but if we are going to use likes by viewers neither of these shows were absolutely hated by casual viewers.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 07-24-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel's Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man have issues that hardcore fans dislike, including myself that have nothing to do with the Spider-Verse but as far as the general audience is concern neither of these series are hated as much as the fandom would like to believe.
    According to Google users;
    Spider-Man 90s - 87%
    Spectaular - 89%
    TNAS - 83%
    Marvel's SM - 79%
    Ultimate - 85%

IMDB User score
    Spider-Man 90s - 8.4
    Spectular- 8.2
    TNAS - 7.0
    Marvel's - 6.1
    Ultimate - 7.2

Not that I believe that this is scientific data but if we are going to use likes by viewers neither of these shows were absolutely hated by casual viewers.
    I mean you posted the data but you can see 90's, spectacular and TNAS are higher on avg. than Marvel's and Ultimate.

Marvel's is the lowest and has the most Spidey-fam influence.Ultimate started out as a team T.V. series with no Spider-fam until much later(and they handled it much better, I actually like the fam in that.The multiverse thing was great, and how they handled Miles was good too) and is still lower than most but higher than Marvel's.

It's still worse and by a noticeable margin.

Again these shows are aimed at casual audiences as well compared to stuff like comics.The fact that there is a noticeable difference only further cements said problem.

Mighty Member

I mean you posted the data but you can see 90's, spectacular and TNAS are higher on avg. than Marvel's and Ultimate.

Marvel's is the lowest and has the most Spidey-fam influence.Ultimate started out as a team T.V. series with no Spider-fam until much later(and they handled it much better, I actually like the fam in that.The multiverse thing was great, and how they handled Miles was good too) and is still lower than most but higher than Marvel's.

It's still worse and by a noticeable margin.

Again these shows are aimed at casual audiences as well compared to stuff like comics.The fact that there is a noticeable difference only further cements said problem.
    Again you said both shows were disliked and the data doesn't show that.

Ultimate (which you said was disliked) and TNAS (which you sited as generally loved) score is nearly the same with Ultimate actually rate slightly better in both polls, (85% - 83% and 7.2 to 7.0).

As for Marvel's Spider-Man while it scored lower than the rest, the majority still liked it which disprove your statement that it was disliked.

For someone asking for proof you are making a lot assertions without evidence. Where is the evidence that people who didn't like the show was due to the Spider-Family, I saw more complaints about Harry Osbone and Doc Oct, the animation style and Peter's personality than I saw about the Spider Family.

We may all have different feeling about the spider family but based on the views that the new Spider-Family cartoon (yes, aimed at toddlers) videos are generating on youtube I don't think Marvel will see it as a problem.