Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tmacaoni View Post
    I think that we could have a Spider-man and friends type of thing over a Spider-family. They can occasionally get together and save the world, but it has to have the right people instead of shoehorning characters in because they have Spider themed names.
    Especially if the team comprised of:

Peter Parker
    Jessica Drew
    Natasha Romanov
    Julia Carpenter
    Kaine Parker

This line up would work because their experiences are unique from Peter Parker's. the stories produced would gel quite well...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-30-2021 at 02:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Especially if the team comprised of:

Peter Parker
    Jessica Drew
    Natasha Romanov
    Julia Carpenter
    Kaine Parker

This line up would work because their experiences are unique from Peter Parker's. the stories produced would gel quite well...
    Aside from Nat I can see this working(Nat isn't a part of Spider-fam and I doubt she will be, maybe add Anya?)

No multiversal Spiders, distinct roles and personality.This is a good line up.

Julia is the god mother type.
    Peter would be the Leader.
    Jess would be the spy skills second in command.
    Kaine is the red hood, merciless and may make some trouble.
    Anya can be the kid who's still learning.Not an amateur.

Extraordinary Member

Also wanted to say anyone they replace Peter with whether Miles or someone else in either adaptation like MCU or comics, it won't be the same.
    Same thing with the Cars Franchise, the new yellow car is cool but nothing compared to the og.

Only bring this up because a part of "franchise" is replacement.

And of course live action cinematic verse like MCU should do Miles, just my 2 cents on how I think it'll play out.

Mighty Member

For me it’s actually concerning and kinda bugs me how everything is a team of variants. While the 2010s really hurt the comic books in terms of removing speciality of having one character be the icon, I think Kevin Feige unfortunately is doubling down in terms of variant characters. Do you have tons of Spider-Mans the X-men are developing variants in the form of Children of the Atom and so many other characters lose their specialness because they want every character to appeal to every demographic

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    For me it’s actually concerning and kinda bugs me how everything is a team of variants. While the 2010s really hurt the comic books in terms of removing speciality of having one character be the icon, I think Kevin Feige unfortunately is doubling down in terms of variant characters. Do you have tons of Spider-Mans the X-men are developing variants in the form of Children of the Atom and so many other characters lose their specialness because they want every character to appeal to every demographic
    All this.
    What I don't get is why we need a Spider of every demographic.I don't have one of mine and IDC.I'd rather they make an og character of every under-represented demographic's including my own instead of having half-a*s'ed version who piggyback on popular characters.Like c'mon, put some effort man.
    Not only are you making characters who are only famous because of other popular characters you are ruining those characters as well.It's a loss loss