Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Double standards at its finest.

Nothing about Peter screams New York to me, so there's no reason to attach him to the city anymore than any of the other characters.
    Actually, it happens to be facts at its finest.

-Everyone knows he was born and raised in Queens, and "a guy from Queens" is close to being an iconic catchphrase. See the initial reaction to the first Insomniac game trailer back when we didn't even know they were working on a Spider-Man game. All it took was "a guy from Queens" and a shot of New York to signal to the audience that it's Spider-Man.

-Peter in the comics and most mediums consistently makes New York references - talks about the best pizza place in New York, makes inside jokes about the NYC subway, etc. Uses phrases like "the New Yorker in me" when a writer takes him out of the city. Name one other Marvel hero that does this. The only other one is maybe Daredevil, but at best he is too Hell Kitchen-centered.

-Peter's Spider-Man was made for New York. The swinging and all the marketing around the swinging usually revolve around the New York skyline. There's iconic shots and stories of Spider-Man next to the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, the list goes on.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 07-02-2021 at 03:26 PM.

Ultimate Member

That's true. But, I don't think it would necessarily be bad if Peter visited another city for a mini series or something

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    Actually, it happens to be facts at its finest.

-Everyone knows he was born and raised in Queens, and "a guy from Queens" is close to being an iconic catchphrase. See the initial reaction to the first Insomniac game trailer back when we didn't even know they were working on a Spider-Man game. All it took was "a guy from Queens" and a shot of New York to signal to the audience that it's Spider-Man.

-Peter in the comics and most mediums consistently makes New York references - talks about the best pizza place in New York, makes inside jokes about the NYC subway, etc. Uses phrases like "the New Yorker in me" when a writer takes him out of the city. Name one other Marvel hero that does this. The only other one is maybe Daredevil, but at best he is too Hell Kitchen-centered.

-Peter's Spider-Man was made for New York. The swinging and all the marketing around the swinging usually revolve around the New York skyline. There's iconic shots and stories of Spider-Man next to the Empire State Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, the list goes on.
    Well, Miles is a kid from Brooklyn, so he's not moving no matter what you say.

Ultimate Member

Marvel should introduce more heroes in other cities from the beginning

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Marvel should introduce more heroes in other cities from the beginning
    It's too late for that. They've settled into "NYC is the center of the universe" for too long. Anything else would be considered a cheap alternative.
    Last edited by PCN24454; 07-02-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Ultimate Member

It's too late for that. They've settled into "NYC is the center of the universe" for too long. Anything else would be cheap.
    They could always change it for future heroes. But it would require Marvel to have more imagination

Astonishing Member

They could always change it for future heroes. But it would require Marvel to have more imagination
    "Future heroes"?

Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. are immortal and never going away. They will never be replaced which means there's no reason to keep redundant characters.

BANNED

What part of the city Miles is from is so inconsequential, it has literally never mattered or been significant.
    The only reason him being in New York only mattered was because that's where 1610 Peter lived and he had to die for Miles' origin.
    But if Miles is going to exist in a world where Peter is still alive and swinging around then why not have him live another city and if Miles is really supposed to be his own character why not give him stuff that actually differentiates him from Peter in significant way?
    I swear people always advocate for Miles but they never want him to actually be unique instead he has to occupy the same space as Peter, fight the same villains as Peter, interact with the same people as Peter all while using the same name.
    "Future heroes"?

Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. are immortal and never going away. They will never be replaced which means there's no reason to keep redundant characters.
    It is extremely narrow minded to think that just because they aren't going away it means we can't have new characters, because they don't need to be replacements.

Ultimate Member

"Future heroes"?

That changing would also require Marvel to have more imagination. And I wouldn't necessarily call other characters redundant. I lile seeing newer heroes and don't want to see older ones stuck in the same positions forever. That doesn't mean every change is good (just look at Scarlet Witch), but neither is every change bad either

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post
    What part of the city Miles is from is so inconsequential, it has literally never mattered or been significant.
    The only reason him being in New York only mattered was because that's where 1610 Peter lived and he had to die for Miles' origin.
    But if Miles is going to exist in a world where Peter is still alive and swinging around then why not have him live another city and if Miles is really supposed to be his own character why not give him stuff that actually differentiates him from Peter in significant way?
    I swear people always advocate for Miles but they never want him to actually be unique instead he has to occupy the same space as Peter, fight the same villains as Peter, interact with the same people as Peter all while using the same name.
    Well, Peter seems to appear in Manhattan than he does Queens, so him being from Queens honestly doesn't matter. They can just say that he's from Manhattan.

Extraordinary Member

Well they just need to give him a neighourhood inside brooklyn.Something like Harlem.
    Or get him in the rebuild 1610 if that happens

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metro View Post

It is extremely narrow minded to think that just because they aren't going away it means we can't have new characters, because they don't need to be replacements.
    Facts
    They say Miles is unique but I have heard people want him have his own sinister six.
    He already has the clone saga, etc.
    If anything they need to do something new with him.
    Give him a small neighbourhood,etc.

I just think we need to start focusing on new characters and not legacy ones.
    People like miles will never be as popular as peter, not saying don't use him.
    Making new ones should be the priority.

Extraordinary Member

That changing would also require Marvel to have more imagination. And I wouldn't necessarily call other characters redundant. I lile seeing newer heroes and don't want to see older ones stuck in the same positions forever. That doesn't mean every change is good (just look at Scarlet Witch), but neither is every change bad either
    Yeah but new ones need to be distinct.
    Miles really aint, Kamala does a good job at being her own thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Facts
    They say Miles is unique but I have heard people want him have his own sinister six.
    He already has the clone saga, etc.
    If anything they need to do something new with him.
    Give him a small neighbourhood,etc.

I just think we need to start focusing on new characters and not legacy ones.
    People like miles will never be as popular as peter, not saying don't use him.
    Making new ones should be the priority.
    I don't think that you can really be the judge of that.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think that you can really be the judge of that.
    Why not
    I have read a lot of his comics and most of peter's
    Besides if you look at Miguel vs Peter and Miles vs Peter Miguel is how you do a good legacy.
    Miles was always an alternate universe take, that is why he was created.
    They didn't keep the differences in mind because Peter wasn't there, but Miles jumped to the 616.

And Miles is like the trend of the year, Peter is like pizza.He's never really going to die.
    His games and movies are good, that's what got his hype up.
    Peter had good comics from the get go, Miles's start was . not to be too harsh but they were trash.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-02-2021 at 08:04 PM.