Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, are we expecting an older Peter would look and act his age, though? Like would Peter at age 65 still have the physique and looks of him in his 30's-40's?
    I doubt 616 Peter will ever grow past "thirties-ish" at most. He will probably continue to grow and change post the undoing of OMD but it will all be under comic book time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    What story do people say that about?
    Basically whenever a story is presented as "filler" for the "main plot".

A lot of people felt like Spencer dragged out the Kindred reveal too long, so many of the stories in between then are considered to be filler.

It's because people want a specific conclusion that it counts as filler.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Basically whenever a story is presented as "filler" for the "main plot".

A lot of people felt like Spencer dragged out the Kindred reveal too long, so many of the stories in between then are considered to be filler.

It's because people want a specific conclusion that it counts as filler.
    I'm conflicted about the concept of filler because sometimes it's not an appropriate description. Maybe it stands out more in serialized stories

Astonishing Member

I'm conflicted about the concept of filler because sometimes it's not an appropriate description. Maybe it stands out more in serialized stories
    Hence why filler and main plot are in quotations.

Ultimate Member

Hence why filler and main plot are in quotations.
    Ok. How much do you think is actual filler?

Astonishing Member

Ok. How much do you think is actual filler?
    Well what do you think the finale to Spider-Man's story would be like? Since no one expects him to have a finale, none of his story can be considered filler. It's just episodic.

Ultimate Member

Well what do you think the finale to Spider-Man's story would be like? Since no one expects him to have a finale, none of his story can be considered filler. It's just episodic.
    Interesting way of putting it. I guess he probably never will have a finale.

Extraordinary Member

"The multiple character with the same name thing usually bugs me, but there are cases where it doesn't. In cases where the name was also a rank or a job, I never had an issue, for example, Green Lantern, Nova, heck even Robin I was fine with. Other times I was ok was when a legacy character assumed the mantle and kept the name, Wally West Flash and Laura for example. I think they earned it and it fits better than any other (unpopular opinion, I prefer Wally to Barry).

Other characters... I'm not a fan. I don't like having 2 people named Spider-Man or Hawkeye etc."

An quote from the X-thread that fits here.

Talks about how legacy characters don't work.Not the characters themselves.

It's even worse for Miles since he was built to work as an alt. reality 2nd gen Spidey with a dead Pete.
    Works even worse when he's in 616.

Of course there are problems with his character(everything handed on a silver platter,no rogue's gallery, an undeveloped supporting cast, similar yet worse[usually] storyline[sinister six, Mephisto and now clones], etc.) but this is just a general legacy POV.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 07-20-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Ultimate Member

That's subjective.

Extraordinary Member

That's subjective.
    I mean it's a opinion.All opinion's are subjective.

There are some facts though like Miles's being created like an alt. reality 2nd gen legacy hero.They didn't have to differentiate him from Spider-man because he was dead in his universe.
    And some of the other points but all these still do have prespective plaguing them.Everything does.

Miles had some missteps but they aren't insurmountable. Future writers could iron out the kinks later.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I mean it's a opinion.All opinion's are subjective.

There are some facts though like Miles's being created like an alt. reality 2nd gen legacy hero.They didn't have to differentiate him from Spider-man because he was dead in his universe.
    And some of the other points but all these still do have prespective plaguing them.Everything does.
    I just find a lot of people complain about legacy characters without much objective reason.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Miles had some missteps but they aren't insurmountable. Future writers could iron out the kinks later.
    That's true for any character but I agree.

Extraordinary Member

I just find a lot of people complain about legacy characters without much objective reason.
    Just goes to show there is an actual problem here.Things don't come out of thin air.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just goes to show there is an actual problem here.Things don't come out of thin air.
    Not necessarily.