Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

He was likely the most important god in the Roman archaic pantheon. He was often invoked together with Jupiter. Also he had no equivalent in the greek mythology, whom the Romans claimed as distinctively their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    He was likely the most important god in the Roman archaic pantheon. He was often invoked together with Jupiter. Also he had no equivalent in the greek mythology, whom the Romans claimed as distinctively their own.
    A step above that, he was even called the "God of Gods". Being the god of beginnings (among many other things), he was invoked before all other gods, even Jupiter.

He was also the god of arches, and the Roman's loved arches, so goes to show how much they worshiped him.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 06-22-2021 at 09:53 AM.

This run has been nothing but enjoyment so far and dang, 9 issues?!, props to the team. Definitely want them to finish their stories and more.

Me thinks the young Diana story is a revamp/retelling of Tanias, the son of the first queen of the amazons, Lysippe. Supposedly, Tanias hated women and marriage so he dedicated his life to war and fighting, this pissed off Aphrodite and she caused him to fall in love with his mother, he couldn't deal with that so he threw himself into a river to drown?????? idk its a guess, but that's from Plutarch.... which isn't Greek myth tbh. But the missing pages were suppose to be on Aphrodite's hands, so that's a link maybe. That and its about a man with a connection to the amazons that isn't Hercules, so besides him and/or Antiope's son I can't think of anyone else.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    This run has been nothing but enjoyment so far and dang, 9 issues?!, props to the team. Definitely want them to finish their stories and more.
    From 770 to 779 it seems more like, at least, an arc of 10 issues!

Not bad at all for an issue that’s all talk.

This artist prefers Diana to be angular and muscular. You could put a man’s head on her figure and it wouldn’t look out of place. Not my preferred take…
    Last edited by Largo161; 06-22-2021 at 10:30 AM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Bro there are gorgeous women that look like this

Incredible Member

As always, loved the characterization of Diana by this team. On seeing Cronus' punishment during the elevator ride down-- "Wickedness is so often a symptom of desperation, of hopelessness. There must be more I can do to help," says Diana. Beautiful.

I haven't been reading the backups. Hopefully it will never connect to the main story. If anyone believes it will, let me know and I'll go back and read them, haha.

Good issue if exposition heavy. That character that appeared at the end, someone new I wonder?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Started off hating the new costume, ended up liking it more than Chiang's lobster and fence pickets armor. Where was Hephaestus? If he truly was the New 52 version it would mean anything is possible. That's why I was loving Chronus with his Eric Luke design. Everything is canon now and everything matters, or not, depending on the writers. So far I trust them implicitly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Good issue if exposition heavy. That character that appeared at the end, someone new I wonder?
    In the solicitation of #775 says that he is the Keeper of the Grounds...

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    As always, loved the characterization of Diana by this team. On seeing Cronus' punishment during the elevator ride down-- "Wickedness is so often a symptom of desperation, of hopelessness. There must be more I can do to help," says Diana. Beautiful.

I haven't been reading the backups. Hopefully it will never connect to the main story. If anyone believes it will, let me know and I'll go back and read them, haha.
    I found this to be a key line, also. Highlighting Diana’s wisdom and compassion.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Started off hating the new costume, ended up liking it more than Chiang's lobster and fence pickets armor. Where was Hephaestus? If he truly was the New 52 version it would mean anything is possible. That's why I was loving Chronus with his Eric Luke design. Everything is canon now and everything matters, or not, depending on the writers. So far I trust them implicitly.
    You want Wonder Woman back in her Rebirth outfit?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I found this to be a key line, also. Highlighting Diana’s wisdom and compassion.
    Yes. I like to see Diana's wisdom shine more in her stories and battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Never read Luke's run, so didn't know that was an old design for Cronos. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    You want Wonder Woman back in her Rebirth outfit?
    Not really, I was happy with the Asgardian armor, it's great. That's the outfit Finch was looking for when he designed that fully covered V crotch monstrosity. But I was one of the few who liked Diana's white Godsphere look with the scarves, overall I'm enjoying the postmortem tour of alternate costumes. The latest one took some time to get past the tied cloth in the front that resembles saggy boobs.