Default Wonder Woman Fan Fiction Workshop Thread

Taking inspiration from the Superman forum (because of course I did), I thought we'd have a thread for discussing Wonder Woman fanfics. They can be fanfics you wrote or ones you've read and want to share with others.

Rules are pretty much the same as the Superman thread.

1) Don't post your full work here. Just post a link.

2) If you want to post stuff about your work just post premises and ideas you have. You don't have to give away spoilers but if you do, put it in a spoiler tag. .

3) If your work does have explicit material, it should not be the focus of the work.

Enjoy.

I played around with doing a Wonder Woman/God of War crossover once though didn't get past much beyond just rough outlines of a premise. Mainly set in between the time of the third game and first game of the Norse series with Circe as the villain (since she and stuff like the Amazons aren't really present in the Greek-era God of Wars games, so ripe for potential).

One idea I've thought is using the Star Riders but with Vanessa as the leader instead of Diana.

In my Wonder Woman fan-created continuity, I want to have some "magic knight" characters (characters who combine physical combat with some skill in magic). The three characters I'm considering for this are Donna, Artemis (whom I’m renaming Anipe) and Nubia. Which of these three do you think would fit the magic knight archetype best?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In my Wonder Woman fan-created continuity, I want to have some "magic knight" characters (characters who combine physical combat with some skill in magic). The three characters I'm considering for this are Donna, Artemis (whom I’m renaming Anipe) and Nubia. Which of these three do you think would fit the magic knight archetype best?
    Nubia’s kind of a blank slate given she’s only recently returned to prominence, so she’d probably work best since I don’t really think that’s really in Donna’s or Artemis’ character history.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Nubia’s kind of a blank slate given she’s only recently returned to prominence, so she’d probably work best since I don’t really think that’s really in Donna’s or Artemis’ character history.
    Artemis had some mystical knowledge from her time in the underworld so that's why I considered her. With Donna, I wanted her to have something to differentiate her from Diana.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 06-29-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Dark Souls meets the Wonderfam.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

My fanfic is loosely inspired by Wonder Woman #300 (1942). With the dream Superman falls to Paradise Island. They get married quickly, divorced fast. In my story, Superman falls to Paradise Island, but he leaves. Returns a year later and leaves again because he had to save the day.

https://archiveofourown.org/series/2273300

Here's the link. It's not the best though. Anyways, if you want smut, my story isn't the right one for you.

I've been thinking about those ultra patriotic panels from the Golden and Silver Age comics where Diana's costume is explained as a tribute to America and that Diana believes their ideals are closely aligned. I would love to see a deconstruction of those scenes. Set it in WW2, Diana at first buys into the hype of the American Dream, goes to Mans World and over the years she sees how far from the dream that reality is; she learns and even witnesses unnecessary deaths, genocide, racism, eugenics, discrimination, misogyny, war crimes, etc. This causes her to abandon the eagle symbol and swap it out for the 'W' or the dove but she retains some of the stars and stripes because she still want to consider the silver of possibility that the American Dream could be made reality. Over time, she starts adding more and more elements of her Themysciran heritage.

Inspiration:

I realy dig that idea with the eagle and the W, but I'm not sure I wanna invest in the whole American thing. Still a really great idea.

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    My fanfic is loosely inspired by Wonder Woman #300 (1942). With the dream Superman falls to Paradise Island. They get married quickly, divorced fast. In my story, Superman falls to Paradise Island, but he leaves. Returns a year later and leaves again because he had to save the day.

https://archiveofourown.org/series/2273300

Here's the link. It's not the best though. Anyways, if you want smut, my story isn't the right one for you.
    And what was WW doing while SM saves the day? Taking care of her hair?

Incredible Member

It may not technically be a "Wonder Woman" fanfic but I did write one involving Injustice WW. Does that count?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13299529/1/Bog-Brawl

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    It may not technically be a "Wonder Woman" fanfic but I did write one involving Injustice WW. Does that count?

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13299529/1/Bog-Brawl
    That seems in line with Injustice WW.

But you should know that most people here despise that take on the character. Whereas Injustice Superman is Superman if he became authoritarian, Injustice WW doesn't sound anything like the most beloved versions of Diana.

So props on your work, but this is probably the wrong place for you to share it.
    Last edited by Alpha; 08-21-2021 at 11:21 PM.

I’ve been working on a Wonder Woman Series Bible for a comic or animated series and some stories within that universe, but they aren’t completed yet.

I haven’t started an outline for it yet, but I’ve always wanted to do a Wonder Woman and She-Ra crossover that pits the Amazon and her allies and She-Ra and the Rebellion against Villainy Inc. and the Evil Horde.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    That seems in line with Injustice WW.

But you should know that most people here despise that take on the character. Whereas Injustice Superman is Superman if he became authoritarian, Injustice WW doesn't sound anything like the most beloved versions of Diana.

So props on your work, but this is probably the wrong place for you to share it.
    Thank you very much.

I understand. Won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott
    I’ve been working on a Wonder Woman Series Bible for a comic or animated series and some stories within that universe, but they aren’t completed yet.

I haven’t started an outline for it yet, but I’ve always wanted to do a Wonder Woman and She-Ra crossover that pits the Amazon and her allies and She-Ra and the Rebellion against Villainy Inc. and the Evil Horde.
    Both of those sound great. I'd especially love to see the She-Ra crossover.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 08-22-2021 at 04:30 PM.