Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

At least it looked like Loa and Mercury had fun at the gala and enjoyed each other's company for most of the night, even though their date could have hardly ended any worse. Loa certainly deserved a happier first queer experience, and at this point you need a spreadsheet to keep track of traumatic events Mercury has gone through. I hope the reason they didn't have Bling! be her date for the gala is that they didn't want to mess up their relationship.

Hopefully a good omen, by Héctor Barros on twitter.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think the whole controversy with them is overblown. Legion being a dick to get what he wants? What a shock!

Plus it's technically Pixies fault anyway since the whole thing was her idea.

I would like more David and Tommy. I can't get enough! No, really, I CAN'T get enough. Give me more marvel! Make it HAPPEN!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I would like more David and Tommy. I can't get enough! No, really, I CAN'T get enough. Give me more marvel! Make it HAPPEN!
    Alas, poor Surge hasn’t dated since David. Lol.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think we're about to get Tommy being very relevant, but not for the reasons you hope...

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/definitelyvita/s...696295941?s=19

Here's a list of all the queer characters vita made in prison of x and are appearing in new mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    https://twitter.com/definitelyvita/s...696295941?s=19

Here's a list of all the queer characters vita made in prison of x and are appearing in new mutants.
    Dang Vita stealth made an entire new generation of mutants without anyone noticing, which does make the CotA seem even more redundant, but that's a dead horse atp.

Al Ewing Came Out! The Gays Win Again!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Al Ewing Came Out! The Gays Win Again!
    For some reason I remember him already speaking about his bisexuality in the past, or maybe I'm misremembering. Either way, well done Al, you're a fantastic writer and I wish you the very best.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Hopefully a good omen, by Héctor Barros on twitter.

Bling need s a new hairstyle.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    For some reason I remember him already speaking about his bisexuality in the past, or maybe I'm misremembering. Either way, well done Al, you're a fantastic writer and I wish you the very best.
    We stan a bi king.

At the same time we really cannot rely on any of the straight writers to have an inkling of queer representation in their books. Well unless it's Duggan throwing a bunch of gay stereotypes onto Bobby's character and queerbaiting with Kitty.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    At the same time we really cannot rely on any of the straight writers to have an inkling of queer representation in their books. Well unless it's Duggan throwing a bunch of gay stereotypes onto Bobby's character and queerbaiting with Kitty.
    Duggan actually has quite a bit of representation in MARAUDERS. Aside from Iceman and Kate in the main cast, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw and Jumbo Carnation are all recurring supporting cast. Tempo has made a few cameos and is expected to appear again soon. Andreas Strucker has also made recurring appearances. Callisto isn't officially a queer character but she's certainly had plenty of subtext over the years, and she's joined the cast too. One could even make an argument for Masque, who has turned up a few times, due to that previous incident of him using his powers to give himself a female form for a time.

Maybe some of the gay characters aren't getting as much panel time or story focus as we'd like, but the book isn't lacking for LGBT inclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Calintz View Post
    I so agree. It feels like a "real" queer relationship! honestly, it is soooo rare that I read a queer love story and I can relate. Beyond the narrative of: "Let's get married right away, shall we?!" (Northstar, Wiccan,...)

I also hope they keep Eyeball around. His friendship with David is gorgeous and has to be part of this relationship between Tommy and David forever.

We need more queer kin, friendships, and some casual sex in comicbooks!!!
    Last edited by Exodus; 07-01-2021 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I so agree. It feels like a "real" queer relationship! honestly, it is soooo rare that I read a queer love story and I can relate. Beyond the narrative of: "Let's get married right away, shall we?!" (Northstar, Wiccan,...)

I also hope they keep Eyeball around. His friendship with David is gorgeous and has to be part of this relationship between Tommy and David forever.

We need more queer kin, friendships, and some casual sex in comicbooks!!!
    Can't agree more . The dynamic of this couple is refreshing and i would gladly see another X-Book with these two !!(three with Eyeboy as friend)