Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default LGBTQ+ mutants appreciation

Made this so that the black male X-men thread wouldn’t go off topic, as there were some there who didn’t know Tempo was queer.

So I created this thread to discuss them and keep it on topic.

From various queer mutants like Northstar, Iceman, Karma, Bling!, Shatterstar, Rictor, Mystique, Destiny, Prodigy to new queer status mutants like Mercury, Loa and Kate Pryde.

Also to discuss those you believe could come out as queer. Such as possibly Storm (because of Yukio) or Rachel Summers, etc.

Still wondering if Kitty kissing a girl will ever get brought up again

Anyway the X-Men have some really nice LGBT+ characters!

My favorite are probably Rictor (when written well...), Karma, Prodigy, Shatterstar and Anole.

But I pretty much like most of the confirmed lgbt+ characters.

We really need to revisit that Kitty thing. Pronto. On a COMPLETELY unrelated topic to Kitty's interest here's something about Rachel I saw on twitter that I didn't remember. People not sure how to gender her at a club:

Would be nice if we had a prominent T character..emphasis on prominent

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Still wondering if Kitty kissing a girl will ever get brought up again

Anyway the X-Men have some really nice LGBT+ characters!

My favorite are probably Rictor (when written well...), Karma, Prodigy, Shatterstar and Anole.

But I pretty much like most of the confirmed lgbt+ characters.
    They should. The X-Men department knows that wasn’t subtle to the fans and otherwise would be queerbaiting.

But hey, her whole resurrection issue seemed basically like a coming out party. From her interactions to Storm, Emma, Rachel and Illyana. The only thing missing was “I love you” from Karma.

Mighty Member

Kitty seems so forced as LGBT. Reminds me of college girls who when drunk would make out with other hot girls only to impress frat boys.

It always seemed like a case of gay people choosing to lust over straight people instead of appreciating actual queer people.

I knew that kiss was queerbatiing but posters acted like it was revolutionary.

Then it was never mentioned again, lol.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Kitty seems so forced as LGBT. Reminds me of college girls who when drunk would make out with other hot girls only to impress frat boys.

It always seemed like a case of gay people choosing to lust over straight people instead of appreciating actual queer people.

Not really. Heck her whole runaway bride ordeal from both Star-Lord and then Colossus, and her reasons for them, look so much like a closeted case.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

It's a miles may vary thing, but Kitty's Queerness has been speculated for years. I don't think we can declare the kiss as queerbaiting just yet. She is part of a large cast book and we are in the middle of a crossover event (which happened after another crossover event). And in comic time not much has passed.

I think it will be brought back up, but only in the context of Kitty getting back to dating.

Extraordinary Member

I think a queerbaiting moment would be more like Pixie guest starting in Runaways a couple of issues ago.
    Pixie and Nico really had a moment, and it looked like they were going to go for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Made this so that the black male X-men thread wouldn’t go off topic, as there were some there who didn’t know Tempo was queer.

So I created this thread to discuss them and keep it on topic.

From various queer mutants like Northstar, Iceman, Karma, Bling!, Shatterstar, Rictor, Mystique, Destiny, Prodigy to new queer status mutants like Mercury, Loa and Kate Pryde.

Also to discuss those you believe could come out as queer. Such as possibly Storm (because of Yukio) or Rachel Summers, etc.
    Do you have any empirical evidence to support this? Title and issue(s) please...
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-22-2021 at 10:56 AM.

No idea if her relationship with Bling! will be brought up and how her date with Loa is going to go in tomorrow's issue of Way of X, but if Mercury doesn't get to smooch a girl during pride month I'll be sad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Do you have any empirical evidence to support this? Title and issue(s) please...
    X-Men: Legacy #245 I believe

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Not really. Heck her whole runaway bride ordeal from both Star-Lord and then Colossus, and her reasons for them, look so much like a closeted case.
    I didn't see it like this at the time but it does make sense.

Although I must say Kate kissing a random girl she never met before left me baffled more than anything - I hope Duggan follows up on it eventually.
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 06-22-2021 at 11:26 AM.

I think a queerbaiting moment would be more like Pixie guest starting in Runaways a couple of issues ago.
    Pixie and Nico really had a moment, and it looked like they were going to go for it.
    When it comes to teen characters I give them more of a pass on this front. Teenagers today don't always grow up under the same stigma when it comes to exploring their sexuality or gender or attractions, so I see this less as queerbaiting and more just hormones.

As least that's my observation as a 30something gay.

Mighty Member

What reasons though? I didn't read GOTG, so don't know about that. But there were no reasons for Colossus. There was no reason for them to be together either. That was crappy writing from Guggenheim who wrote Colossus as an Incel stalker. What woman would want to marry that loser version of Colossus? A woman not wanting to marry a man, that doesn't make her queer.

And you guys actually think a bunch of straight white male writers (some who've admitted having a madonna/whore view of Kitty ala Guggenheim) have been slowly setting up Kitty to be in a queer relationship? Most of these writers can't even writer a female of color, some can't even write a white female not named Magik/Emma, but you think they're gonna develop a queer character? Come on. It's queerbating.