Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Where is the trans representation, Paula.
    Are you asking about in X-Men or Marvel overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She appears in Karma’s story by Vita.
    She’s either an unrevealed ex-girlfriend of Karma, or someone Karma now has a crush on.

Either way, she’s a new character intended to be a Karma love interest.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Who's the winged character dancing with/by Mercury in the Hellfire Gala panel at the 34-second mark? They look familiar, but I am blanking.
    I thought it might be another of Vita's original Prisoner X characters, and there is a winged character in that book, but they look male in that book. So either it's a different new character, or the Prisoner X character is trans and allowed to be a woman in this reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Atp I don’t know what taking them so long to confirm that Rachel, Kate, and Illyana are queer.
    I am almost certain it is due to corporate level interference shutting it down, if it were up to just the writers and editors they probably would have pulled the trigger by now.

I feel like between Illyana, Kate, Rachel, Betsy, Dani, Scott & Logan, there has been so much queerbaiting in this era. I hope to see at least one be made explicit on panel.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean Kate kissed a girl on panel. That doesn't seem very ambiguous to me. Just because she's not actively in a relationship doesn't mean she's not bi

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I am almost certain it is due to corporate level interference shutting it down, if it were up to just the writers and editors they probably would have pulled the trigger by now.
    Yeah. Magik and Shadowcat are just too popular to out - pretty sure if anyone had any inkling that Disney would be getting the X-Men rights back, Bendis would never have been allowed to out Iceman either.

I always figured they would out Rachel sooner or later, though. Her backstory is such a convoluted headache, you wouldn't figure she'd be showing up on the big screen any time soon. But maybe it has to do with her being connected to two of the most recognizable characters in the franchise.

Are you asking about in X-Men or Marvel overall?
    They really dropped the ball with Darkveil, such a Waste!

Hope they reboot HER...not as no drag queen though. Ballroom queen? Sure. They need to reference prominemt black women like Amiyah or Dominique Jackson with her.

Well well well, what do we have here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Well well well, what do we have here?

Plastic Man?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Oh, sneaky. Scott, Jean and Wolverine making a cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Oh, sneaky. Scott, Jean and Wolverine making a cameo.
    Haha that's amazing
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Loving that the younger generation ended up being the most LGBT generation.

Prodigy, Anole, Mercury, Greymalkin, Bling, Loa, Hindsight, Morph and I'm sure I missed someone.
    Last edited by CGAR; 06-22-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Loving that the younger generation ended up being the most LGBT generation.

Prodigy, Anole, Mercury, Greymalkin, Bling, Loa, Hindsight, Morph and I'm sure I missed someone.
    Would love to see Morph and Hindsight pop up. I really loved Christina Strain’s Gen X.

Astonishing Member

I think a queerbaiting moment would be more like Pixie guest starting in Runaways a couple of issues ago.
    Pixie and Nico really had a moment, and it looked like they were going to go for it.
    I wouldn't really call that queerbaiting either. Nico is bi and in a relationship. Nico also has a history of screwing up her relationships, and kissing people when she shouldn't. That scene was about teasing the possibility that Nico might be about to fall back into bad habits...and then showing her character growth that she didn't do it.

In terms of Pixie, yeah, it doesn't come out and say explicitly that she's bi--but then, its not her book. Its Nico's, and that moment with Pixie was about advancing Nico's story. The fact that Pixie shared that moment with Nico was intended by the writer to indicate that Pixie is bi though.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What reasons though? I didn't read GOTG, so don't know about that. But there were no reasons for Colossus. There was no reason for them to be together either. That was crappy writing from Guggenheim who wrote Colossus as an Incel stalker. What woman would want to marry that loser version of Colossus? A woman not wanting to marry a man, that doesn't make her queer.

And you guys actually think a bunch of straight white male writers (some who've admitted having a madonna/whore view of Kitty ala Guggenheim) have been slowly setting up Kitty to be in a queer relationship? Most of these writers can't even writer a female of color, some can't even write a white female not named Magik/Emma, but you think they're gonna develop a queer character? Come on. It's queerbating.
    And when she just joined the X-Men, she crushed on Colossus so hard. Claremont made it a point to depict it over and over again. Keep in mind that Claremont also used thought bubbles to a heavy extent, and up through the 90's, she never leaned that direction.

I'm not opposed to any character exploring their sexuality, or even if writers "switch" an orientation like they did with Iceman. When it comes to the ladies, I think that most of the time, the male writer are obviously catering to their fanbase.