Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    When it comes to teen characters I give them more of a pass on this front. Teenagers today don't always grow up under the same stigma when it comes to exploring their sexuality or gender or attractions, so I see this less as queerbaiting and more just hormones.

As least that's my observation as a 30something gay.
    I mean, i know as a main character in Runaways, Nico is already bisexual.

But it seems it was about baiting Pixie fans, in a book she was guest starring in, that more than likely, she wasn’t going to get character develop in anyway.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I think a queerbaiting moment would be more like Pixie guest starting in Runaways a couple of issues ago.
    Pixie and Nico really had a moment, and it looked like they were going to go for it.
    Isn't Pixie underage? I think Nico's an adult now

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Pixie’s 18 now as well.

Runaways always emphazises on that Chase is the only "adult" legally speaking, so I believe everyone older is probably just 18 or 19 at most.

Who's the winged character dancing with/by Mercury in the Hellfire Gala panel at the 34-second mark? They look familiar, but I am blanking.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    What reasons though? I didn't read GOTG, so don't know about that. But there were no reasons for Colossus. There was no reason for them to be together either. That was crappy writing from Guggenheim who wrote Colossus as an Incel stalker. What woman would want to marry that loser version of Colossus? A woman not wanting to marry a man, that doesn't make her queer.

And you guys actually think a bunch of straight white male writers (some who've admitted having a madonna/whore view of Kitty ala Guggenheim) have been slowly setting up Kitty to be in a queer relationship? Most of these writers can't even writer a female of color, some can't even write a white female not named Magik/Emma, but you think they're gonna develop a queer character? Come on. It's queerbating.
    Chris Claremont is a straight white man and he’s the KING of queercoding.

Atp I don’t know what taking them so long to confirm that Rachel, Kate, and Illyana are queer.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 06-22-2021 at 02:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    Who's the winged character dancing with/by Mercury in the Hellfire Gala panel at the 34-second mark? They look familiar, but I am blanking.
    No clue. It’s not Icarus.

Can s ok meone explain exactly why Kate isn't considered canonically bi when she kissed a woman on panel

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya
    Can s ok meone explain exactly why Kate isn't considered canonically bi when she kissed a woman on panel
    While it definitely raises eyebrows, people can kiss the same sex for various reasons not related to being attracted to them; experimentation, attention or various other platonic reason(s).

Heck, they can even have sex with the same sex and not really be gay or bi. Gay4Pay Actors, though some might argue they are on the spectrum at least... Plus lots of queer people in real life having had children and sexual experiences with the opposite sex before coming out.

Basically, sexuality is what you identify as and what you recognize as being attracted to. It's not really behavior, though they tend to be connected and the most common form of expressing attraction.

Until Kitty says or explains why she kissed a girl it's a bit too ambiguous to outright say she is bi or pansexual, though I do think that Duggan was implying Kitty was attracted to women with that scene.

For a similar situation, see Psylocke having sex with Cluster and us still not really knowing what that meant.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 06-22-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Ultimate Member

I'm guessing that some would say that plenty of women have kissed other women for one reason or another but don't consider themselves bi, for free drinks of like others have said to impress frat boys and such...as to Kitty both of her examples could just be explained as Marvel needing to get her out of said relationship in a hurry and totally botching the attempt...

Extraordinary Member

She may or may not be considered yet. It’s still ongoing.

Keep in mind, that Betsy had sex with a female on panel, and it’s still some confusion if she’s canonically considered bi yet.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Wait, why is Carol there? Did I miss something?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    She appears in Karma’s story by Vita.
    She’s either an unrevealed ex-girlfriend of Karma, or someone Karma now has a crush on.

Either way, she’s a new character intended to be a Karma love interest.

Where is the trans representation, Paula.