Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SteelisLean View Post
    I appreciate their efforts, but these Brat Pack kids suck at being detectives.

We need more of the Titans and less of their students. The DC Universe is full of so many interesting young adult superheroes and this is what they're choosing to focus on? A series where none of the existing young heroes are actively being used and instead we're focusing entirely on a cast of whole new characters specifically devoted to Batman in a Titans book.
    Yeah, Batman doesn't need anymore sycophant's and hangers on. Its annoying that a bunch of more interesting characters are relegated to the background or limbo while we focus on students who won't have much staying power or wind up as cannon fodder when DC wants fresh shock value.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Who are the DEO orphans? I always thought it was Brick.
    They were a group of super powered teenagers who the Titans took in after they showed up at Titans Tower. Basically they took over the book making the Titans little more than background players. Same as Titans Academy. In this issue Brat Bat blurped out at the end of the issue that Red X was not Brick. Why? I have no idea.

Red X is Dick Grayson until proven otherwise
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by SteelisLean View Post
    I appreciate their efforts, but these Brat Pack kids suck at being detectives.
    They did come to the wrong conclusion, thinking Red X was Billy Batson. The reasoning was that he's hiding something - which of course he is, as he's Shazam.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    They were a group of super powered teenagers who the Titans took in after they showed up at Titans Tower. Basically they took over the book making the Titans little more than background players. Same as Titans Academy. In this issue Brat Bat blurped out at the end of the issue that Red X was not Brick. Why? I have no idea.
    She thought it was Billy Batson. The next page explains her reasoning why.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-23-2021 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Red X is Jason Todd until proven otherwise
    Fixed for a silly mistake.

Anyone know who Dane is? He's a side character but I can't remember what he does.

I'm 99% sure Brick is Red X.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-23-2021 at 04:23 PM.

The Bat pack is absolutely useless. Still it was a fun read. I don’t know who Red X is but I’m going to guess it is Billy. He said Zam not Shazam. Maybe saying half of the word causes some lightning but not enough to change him. Just a thought. The series has been entertaining so far. Definitely staying on my pull list.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Fixed for a silly mistake.
    that's Red Hood. Different dude
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Please, don’t blame Devin or any writers of that Titans run for the DEOrphans! I know someone that worked for DC at the time. It was an editorial mandate to intro those characters, not a writers idea.

There's something about this title I just don't want to like but in spite of that I have a great time reading it. It's a lot of fun and this issue was no exception.

Astonishing Member

Anyone know who Dane is? He's a side character but I can't remember what he does.

Brick is too obvious, but so far the writers haven't shown themselves to be creative and may go with the easiest solution.

Billy could be Red X, but that would be random and barely makes sense. Allying with the SS even if it was to double cross them for reasons( was it ever explained WHY Red X went through all the trouble to backstab the SS in the first place?), would be incredibly out of character for him

My guess is that Red X is a character associated with the Titans who's undercover for reasons. Dick and company may already know Red X's identity, which would explain why they come off as nonchalant about figuring things out. Red X might be acting on their behalf.

Extraordinary Member

I’m going with Danny chase lol

From what it seems, Dane is gonna have a role in the Shazam's mini series announced, who is written by the same author of Titans Academy. I remember that in twitter the author confirmed that he was Raven's apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    The Bat pack is absolutely useless. Still it was a fun read. I don’t know who Red X is but I’m going to guess it is Billy. He said Zam not Shazam. Maybe saying half of the word causes some lightning but not enough to change him. Just a thought. The series has been entertaining so far. Definitely staying on my pull list.
    No, he said Shazam. We saw him say Sha, and then the footage cut out, which made the Bat Pack suspicious. But then we saw him say Zam, and then wonder why his transformation keeps failing. They just split the scene in two, literally mid-word, to give us it from the Bat Pack's perspective and then from Billy's.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman