The more I watch Disney's take on Marvel material, like the new television shows on Disney+, the more concerned I am that when it comes to the X-Men, they will pander more to children and families than to adults.

I'm not sure ANY of the X-Men related films and shows should go the "PG" route, but never say "never". The source material tends to be much darker than that, and so is the subject matter.

One of my favorites, Excalibur from the 1980's, was very light-hearted and could fit the Disney mold, however it'd be surprising if the MCU ever got around to adapting that book.

Don't get me wrong - one grim scene after another in which sullen characters philosophize about their place in world would be just as bad as an Avengers ripoff. There should be some Avengers-type levity and I'd like to see the X-Men have some fun now and then and enjoy their powers.

It's likely the franchise will have to sacrifice some of that $ to maintain an edge, meaning leaner productions. I'd be fine with that if a quality product is what results.