Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

PG13 rather than PG. Though for shits and giggles I want to see them do E is for Extinction on a PG level.

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    When studios make R rated comic movies they end up with nihilistic edgy cgi shitshows like the suicide squad, there is no maturity just because is R rated, more often is the contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Definitely agree with the bolded. There are PG movies that are exceptionally emotionally resonant and R-rated movies with very little depths. I think pretty much every X-property would fall in the PG-13 range, but rating won't define the quality or depth of the film.
    I’d argue that this isn’t a fair assessment. Suicide Squad isn’t meant to be an emotional film and neither is Deadpool, they’re both properties known for their absurdity and that’s what we got in the films. Logan as a character can go in that direction or something with depth which is what we got with his film. Even if the MCU decides to just make an over the top R rated action movie starring Logan it will fit his character.

I do agree that an R rating doesn’t automatically make a film more mature in the sense that it’s more intelligent or enlightening than a PG rated film. Let’s be honest though a character like Wolverine really leans into violence so that generally would call for an R rating.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    PG -13. No lower. But that is probably the perfect number for me where you can still show sexuality and violence just not explicit. Have any of the X-Films outside Deadpool been that anyway?
    The Bryan Singer X-Films had quite an explicit take of violence and sexuality, although still able to pass of as PG 13 because PG 13 can be very stretched.

However that would not have been the case if the Bryan Singer X-MEN films were PG 13 MCU Disney films. Disney would demand all those scenes get edited out.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-23-2021 at 12:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    PG13 rather than PG. Though for shits and giggles I want to see them do E is for Extinction on a PG level.
    You can make E is for Extinction PG 13 but it will be better off Rated R since the main theme of that story was genocide if I remember correctly. A lot of directors would want to use R more than PG 13.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    The Bryan Singer X-Films had quite an explicit take of violence and sexuality, although still able to pass of as PG 13 because PG 13 can be very stretched.

However that would not have been the case if the Bryan Singer X-MEN films were PG 13 MCU Disney films. Disney would demand all those scenes get edited put.
    So now Disney would not even make PG-13 movies? Blade will be PG-13 and Deadpool will even be R. Could be that you are wrong or will we get now "Disney PG-13 is not the same as normal PG-13" added to your Disney R Rating opinion?
    I can't wait to see the next Deadpool getting in the movies just for your "this is not R" rants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d argue that this isn’t a fair assessment. Suicide Squad isn’t meant to be an emotional film and neither is Deadpool, they’re both properties known for their absurdity and that’s what we got in the films. Logan as a character can go in that direction or something with depth which is what we got with his film. Even if the MCU decides to just make an over the top R rated action movie starring Logan it will fit his character.

I do agree that an R rating doesn’t automatically make a film more mature in the sense that it’s more intelligent or enlightening than a PG rated film. Let’s be honest though a character like Wolverine really leans into violence so that generally would call for an R rating.
    I do find Deadpool films to be quite emotional, the character itself stirs a lot of emotion although he balances it well with comedy and the craziness. That been said, would not say deadpool movies are as emotional as Logan and DOFP were.