Default Which DC digital firsts are part of main continuity?

Apologies if this double posts..

The question of the thread is if digital firsts for DC comics are canon? I have been unable to find a clear answer through my own research.

To break it down further:

Are all digital first titles canon, non-canon, or are some canon but not all? Is it stated anywhere which titles are part of the main continuity? Example: the Titans digital firsts that have Jason working with them have an unclear timeline. At the time they were published he was wearing his original costume as Red Hood with the helmet and holstered handguns rather than the literal red hood, domino mask, armed with sword and crowbar. So is title a flashback? Is it a different version of the same character? And what about the Flash digital first series that appears to have a different-looking Iris West (she is black). Is that the “real” Iris West from main continuity? Does the series take place on a different continuity or is it just some random non canonical reimagining of Flash with a different Iris West? The Batman digital firsts seem to be canonical.. and I've heard others say they are. Is there anywhere it is stated which digital firsts are canon and which are not?

Continuity has gotten confusing since 2016 rebirth branding… and especially after dark multiverse. It makes me miss New 52 sometimes.. when if nothing else there was in-universe cohesion and consistently between titles.

I am grateful for any feedback about canon status of DC digital firsts. Ty!
    Last edited by SteelisLean; 06-22-2021 at 02:38 PM.

Flash definitely isn't in Prime Earth, because like you say, it has a TV synergy version of Iris. Titans isn't in continuity either.

Batman however IS in continuity. Jinny Hex, who went on to join Young Justice, debuted in Bendis's digital first Batman storyline.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Next Batman: second son, Challenge of the Super Sons, and Infinite Frontier Secret Files definitely are in continuity. Second Son is Jace's origin, Super Son's is kind of ever green but it makes references to in-continuity stories, and Secret Files is to connect/reconnect readers with characters involved with Infinite Frontier.
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-22-2021 at 03:34 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, Challenge, and the previous Adventures of the Super Sons, are apparently set after Tomasi's Superman run, but before Bendis's. It's also set before the change of lineup during the Rebirth Teen Titans run, as the aged up Superboy appeared towards the end of that run, meaning that half of the run has to be set at the same time as Bendis's Superman.

I don't think last year's Superman digital comics are in continuity, because Jon doesn't seem to exist.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I didn't think any of them were meant to be cannon but then Bendis went and put Jinny Hex in the main universe directly referencing the Batman story so now it kind of has to be.
    Assassinate Putin!

The comics from last summer that were from and continued from the Walmart Giants? Sure. Can't say the same for this year's stuff though.