Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    Hey guys, I've been plowing through Priest's run. Great writer, great book. I have a question though. At the end of DS #1, the Red Lion makes the comment that someone paid a lot of money to get Slade to change his clothes (into the Ikon suit). Later, we learn that it was Adeline who made the deal with the Red Lion, but I can't figure out why she needed Slade in the Ikon suit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    I thought it had to do with the Superman issue?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I thought it had to do with the Superman issue?
    Sorry, could you clarify? I read the Superman issues and don't remember an explanation. Why was it important to get the world's greatest assassin to change his clothes?

Quote Originally Posted by BFF View Post
    Sorry, could you clarify? I read the Superman issues and don't remember an explanation. Why was it important to get the world's greatest assassin to change his clothes?
    It's been a little while since I read them, but I thought it was important to Adeline's mission to have Slade in the old suit for the Superman fight.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

So, because I'm really enjoying the Priest run, I thought I'd check out Kyle Higgins's run for the New 52. And...it was not as good. Joe Bennett's art was as solid then as it is now in the current run, but there's something really off about him slaughtering the three kids from Harm-Armory in the first issue. Priest is writing an incredibly cynical book (though I'd argue there's a core of morality there), but Higgins's Deathstroke is a really nasty world.

Anyone a fan of those first 8 issues? I also checked out one of Liefield's issues (wow, yuck), and the last 2 issues of the first run (none of Tony Daniel's stuff yet). And I was shocked that DC had killed off almost all of Deathstroke's family, and completely changed Rose's backstory.

Deathstroke the Terminator: The best villain in the DCU
    Deathstroke with Sword #4.jpg

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    In an interview before the first issue hit Priest clarified that Deathstroke is not an anti-hero, he is a villain and he was going to write him that way. I wasn't sure if he could pull it off, but damned if he hasn't made Slade the biggest bastard in the DCU and I've loved reading every page. I've been saying this kind of reminds me of Breaking Bad (towards the end) or House of Cards. The protagonist is an evil ******* but theyre so compelling. There have been so many WTF moments during Priest's run. The Wilson have become one of the comic book world's most dysfunctional families.
    Even the side characters have been great. Before this book I couldn't care less about the new Power Girl, but now I love the character. Also Red Lion is a great addition to the DCU. A twisted/real world take on Black Panther. I want a Red Lion mini series written by Priest!
    Sure seems like he’s become an anti hero in this run.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Looks silly. Like a young man who dyed his hair grey.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That's pretty much Slade .

ComicmanDan

Default Deathstroke Appreciation

Deathstroke is my all time favorite cahracter in comic books. I've read his old runs and I am currently up to date on Deathstroke Rebirth series. I love Deathstroke Rebirth and how its written, I think it is an excellent run and encourage people to read it. If you want to talk about Deathstroke lets get this thread circulating with opinions or thoughts on the character. What do you like about Deathstroke? Who's the best opponent for Deathstroke? If he were to get his own solo movie, what would the premise of it be? Does he deserve to get his own movie or should he be included as the main or an antagonist for a movie? Do you think Deathstroke is overpowered? Underrated? Overrated? Just some thoughts. I thoroughly enjoy the character and his comics and hopefully want to share ideas with people who enjoy him as a character as well.

I don't know if I am a fan of Deathstroke or Prieststroke, but I like his series enough to say that I think he benefits from a Netflix like series or hbo like series.

Idk, but as a villain or antiheroe depending on how you see him, other than heroes who would be a good adversary ...his ex wife and ?
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer