Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

I'm enjoying it so far. I'm not expecting any deep, philosophical stories from a Deathstroke book. Manu Bennett's portrayal of Deathstroke is popular amongs fans, so why would you want to take that away? I know that comic book fans hate everything by default, but at least wait to see where it goes.
    Last edited by Starchild; 01-03-2015 at 04:48 AM.

I would be a little more trusting if it was anyone other than Tony Daniel doing the writing. Now, I love Manu Bennett as Deathstroke and I appreciate the beefcake in Daniel's art, but I'm not sold on the idea and I find it ironic that last we saw the character on Arrow he looked more like the classic Slade Wilson...

And am I the only who doesn't care one bit about Slade's family issues? I realized that's part of what put me off the book, the moment they started dealing with Jericho and his father I was done. What I like about Deathstroke in other media is that it focuses on him as a badass mercenary tactician and don't deal with this convulted family stuff, guess that's what I was expecting from this series as well.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

3894ce23d4_tony-daniel-deathstroke-young-slade-wilson-500x492.jpg

deathstroke2-2.jpg

DSK_Cv3.jpg

I really wanted to post pages 2 and 3 from issue 2 as well but couldn't find any on the web. I really need to learn how to use my phone.

Tony S. Daniel is drawing the sexiest Deathstroke/Wade Wilson I've seen.
    Last edited by a moment closer; 01-04-2015 at 05:40 PM.

So it looks like aside from being in "The Atom's" Convergence book, Slade will also appear in the Convergence Suicide Squad comic

I also wanted to say that this is an amazing looking cover.
    Last edited by Deathstroke the Terminator; 01-15-2015 at 12:42 AM.

wicked

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    3894ce23d4_tony-daniel-deathstroke-young-slade-wilson-500x492.jpg

deathstroke2-2.jpg

DSK_Cv3.jpg

I really wanted to post pages 2 and 3 from issue 2 as well but couldn't find any on the web. I really need to learn how to use my phone.

Tony S. Daniel is drawing the sexiest Deathstroke/Wade Wilson I've seen.
    I agree!

Daniel's rendering of a younger Deathstroke has been great and as of right now, I don't mind if Slade stays looking youthful.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

wicked.

Just finished reading Deathstroke #5 where Slade fought Batman, and I have to say, a little disappointed with the fight. Not that Slade had a bad showing or anything, it just sort of felt of inconclusive to me. I would of perfected someone to have been the clear winner instead of it basically ending in a tie because of Harley Quinn's interference, but I guess I should be content since Slade was able to hold his own against Bruce despite "being off his game", and sort of came out the victor.

Also, as a fight billed "The most brutal battle in the history of The New 52" it honestly seemed pretty mild. Hopefully this arc has a good conclusion in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    So it looks like aside from being in "The Atom's" Convergence book, Slade will also appear in the Convergence Suicide Squad comic

I also wanted to say that this is an amazing looking cover.
    hmmm... i find it strange that cyborg superman is in this cover. how coukd waller control this guy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    wicked

Sweetness...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    Just finished reading Deathstroke #5 where Slade fought Batman, and I have to say, a little disappointed with the fight. Not that Slade had a bad showing or anything, it just sort of felt of inconclusive to me. I would of perfected someone to have been the clear winner instead of it basically ending in a tie because of Harley Quinn's interference, but I guess I should be content since Slade was able to hold his own against Bruce despite "being off his game", and sort of came out the victor.

Also, as a fight billed "The most brutal battle in the history of The New 52" it honestly seemed pretty mild. Hopefully this arc has a good conclusion in the next issue.
    there's hardly ever a clear winner in a comic book fight between heroes, or anti heroes in the case of Slade. If he wasn't "off his game" he should have beaten Batman with relative ease. Seems being de-aged has taken away some of his super soldier abilities.

I just hope after this arc Slade goes back to his regular white hair and eye patch look. I really hate de-aged Deathstroke.

I think its not that he lost some of his super soldier traits, but that he simply has gotten used to his "old" body and can't instantly adapt to his new status. In fight with Bronze Tiger he also mentions how strange it is for him to see with two eyes now.

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    hmmm... i find it strange that cyborg superman is in this cover. how coukd waller control this guy.
    Doesn't Hank want to die? Maybe Waller told him she could somehow permanently kill him. He does seem out of place with the rest of the team though, considering how much stronger he is than everyone else on the squad.

Still, I think it's an interesting line up, and the Convergence title I'm looking forward to the most. I hope Slade is written well, and has some good showings in it.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Deathstroke #3 is getting a second printing now too! Relaunching it at the back of Arrow S2 was a smart play by DC it seems.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Deathstroke #3 is getting a second printing now too! Relaunching it at the back of Arrow S2 was a smart play by DC it seems.
    I was just gonna comment on the second printings. So I take it the book is doing pretty well. It started off kinda average but the last two issues have been pretty good. I'm sure the guest appearances by Bats and Harley helped sales. I love the fact that Bronze Tiger and Shiva are supporting characters in this book. Two fantastic characters that are tragically underused. Now if they can just make Slade look his proper age I'd be happy.