Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What Marvel Villain Would You Want In Wonder Woman Stories?

What Marvel villain would you love to see in the Wonder Woman book?

I suggest you pick someone whose personality and worldview would interact with Diana in fascinating ways we haven't seen with any of her current villains. But you can also just pick a villain with powers or technology that creates for unique fights unlike those Wonder Woman has had.

I feel like Kang and Dark Phoenix would be pretty interesting adversaries. The way Kang wants to conquer the entire world throughout time and mold the evolution of all civilizations, but is himself plagued by destiny.

Dark Phoenix is also interesting because she both represents destruction and creation.

Mojo could also be a lot of fun in many ways.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-22-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Loki feels like the obvious answer. Lots of interesting ways to play them off each other

Enchantress - does this one need explanation?

Dr. Doom - he’s a magical iron man who is also a king. He’s also pretty zany and has a lot of gimmicks that could be fun.

Moonstone - she in incredibly self-serving woman who has actually dabbled on the good side because it has suited her. So she reminds me of Giganta honestly. Plus she flies and shoots lasers and is a powerhouse.

Batroc the Leaper - he would not be a threat to her at all but their interaction would be pretty funny I think.

Spiral - cool look, mystical in nature but also a hand-to-hand combatant, pretty psychotic and very powerful.

Superia - essentially Marvel's version of Queen Clea; a Superman-like woman who believes women are superior to men.

Titania - she spars with She-Hulk on the regular so it's only fitting.

Sebastian Shaw (he's a steel hand in a silk glove, he's almost as skeevy as Dr. Psycho but much better dressed)

Jean Grey Phoenix (how does Diana fight someone with so much raw energy who can molecularly rearrange her weapons?)

the Maestro (all the power of the Hulk but with a twisted soul)

Hela (she'd be right up Diana's alley and she'd deal with her like any other evil god)

Ultron (you can't show compassion or reason with a robot)

Namor (she'd clean his clock while he was busy being lovestruck by her)

The Brood (the Diana Prince/Aliens crossover I never knew I wanted until now)

Selene (Circe with none of the camp)
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 06-22-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Incredible Member

I think Purple Man held Jessica Jones captive and repeatedly raped her, right?

That boy needs to be tied up and punished by the Amazons!

I second the suggestion of Dr Doom because of his potential to be a long term antagonist.

I think a despotic monarch or ruler with a whole country under their control is a really interesting foil for Diana, because it challenges her mission so specifically. Unlike other heroes, I don't see Diana as a "crime-fighter", and so I think it brings a lot of tension to explore how or why she would knowingly let oppression / injustice continue at a nation-wide scale when she could intervene but the conventions of Patriarch's World and the notion of "sovereignty" prevent it. I can see why comics publishers would shy away from exploring that with real world examples, so fictional alternatives like Doom are easier. And it's always nice when she rubs up against villains so convinced of their inherent superiority because its so counter to what she values.

Yeah Dr Doom makes sense.

Enchantress, Purple Man, Hela, Titania seem too similar to actual Wonder Woman villains like Dr Psycho, Circe, Clea, Queen Atoma, Devastation, Genocide, Barbara Von Gunther/Warmaster.

Spiral is a surprisingly interesting choice. what would a story with Spiral be like vs Wonder Woman?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLyo View Post
    I second the suggestion of Dr Doom because of his potential to be a long term antagonist.

I think a despotic monarch or ruler with a whole country under their control is a really interesting foil for Diana, because it challenges her mission so specifically. Unlike other heroes, I don't see Diana as a "crime-fighter", and so I think it brings a lot of tension to explore how or why she would knowingly let oppression / injustice continue at a nation-wide scale when she could intervene but the conventions of Patriarch's World and the notion of "sovereignty" prevent it. I can see why comics publishers would shy away from exploring that with real world examples, so fictional alternatives like Doom are easier. And it's always nice when she rubs up against villains so convinced of their inherent superiority because its so counter to what she values.
    This is exactly why I will always stan Queen Clea. She could be that potential DC Comics female equivalent of Dr. Doom. The foundation is all there; now all she needs is a solid writer that unleashes the villainous potental in her.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    This is exactly why I will always stan Queen Clea. She could be that potential DC Comics female equivalent of Dr. Doom. The foundation is all there; now all she needs is a solid writer that unleashes the villainous potental in her.
    Yeah, she's just nice enough that people would be willing to let her stay in her kingdom as long as she doesn't bother others.

Spider-Queen/Ai Apaec - Spider themed villain with one of them being a Spider-God

Moonstone - Female (Dr.) Psycho with powers of light

Malekith - Dark Elf warlord

Magneto

Dr Doom

Namor (not really a villain but still counts)

Sandman (Flint Marko)

BANNED

Doctor Doom

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I think Purple Man held Jessica Jones captive and repeatedly raped her, right?

That boy needs to be tied up and punished by the Amazons!
    It’s a long time since I read the story..so I might be wrong...but I think the “detail” of what happened was actually different to that.

I believe he held Jessica captive, but did not rape her...he brought in other women and did foul things to the other women while Jessica watched, completely helpless.

He never physically touched Jessica herself...it was calculated to inflict the most mental torture on her, creating a self loathing within, because she could not help others.

But...regardless of detail...The Purple Man is beyond hateful.